VQ Hepburn Digital Radio TSV 16/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have one, bought from Currys about 9 months ago.

I wonder how the price will compare with the TSV?

I assume you would therefore recommend it? At a sensible price I would consider it as I really need somethin in my kitchen to listen to music

Yes, it is good, was £99 in Currys, and obviously no PP, I actually went to the dreaded high street (that was 9 months ago, and haven't been there since)

Yes, it is good, was £99 in Currys, and obviously no PP, I actually went to the dreaded high street (that was 9 months ago, and haven't been there since)
Is the FM radio good? Does it have an alarm? I read up on one of these radios on. Amazon and they said the software was flaky. The time display changed at one point to a different hour and that when you switched it back on the volume wasn't the same as when you switched it off

Is the FM radio good? Does it have an alarm? I read up on one of these radios on. Amazon and they said the software was flaky. The time display changed at one point to a different hour and that when you switched it back on the volume wasn't the same as when you switched it off

I never use FM, neither have I used the alarm on this one (but I do on the retro mini, that is OKAY).

Here's link to it on amazon... There are a few of your questions in the q&a section and a few of the reviews mention similar...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H51W2WG/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I personally wouldn't buy a view quest product again - just not convinced of the the quality vs aesthetics. They certainly look the part but I think Pure and Roberts etc produce better DAB radios.
I have several pure items in the house and I think my brother just bought one of the Blutune range by Roberts....

I think I might go for this if I can control it from a mobile phone as I like a radio with a remote. Will wait and see what the price is

I think I might go for this if I can control it from a mobile phone as I like a radio with a remote. Will wait and see what the price is

it does say elsewhere "Control in the palm of your hand
With a custom developed VQ Control App on Android or iOS you can control your entire listening experience. Better still, with MyEQ a range of presets and custom controls can be reached which adjust the bass and treble.

I've just had an email from VQ that they have reduced the price of their Christie Retro radio to LESS THAN HALF PRICE, now £60 instead of £130.

It always makes me suspicious that there may be a new model on the way. I would also be very annoyed if I'd just bought one (they sell them on Q at £121 so beware).

So perhaps the TSV Hepburn is about to be reduced by VQ as well.

I've just looked at the Christie retro on the VQ website and it is still £129.99! Also it is not clear whether it comes with battery and carry case whilst the Amazon website is better as £60 radio only and £109 with battery and carry case. VQ need to improve their website; it is very glossy but not much content. Note this retro one is not the TSV one

Think I am staying with what I have already got as I have a radio alarm with a remote. I like the remote because when I wake up in the night I use the remote (one button only to press) to switch on the radio on the sleep function and I can do this in the dark. Without the remote I would have to reach to the radio and possibly have to locate and press a button several times.
Also year before last I bought a Dab/FM radio from John Lewis. It was their own brand. It failed within the guarantee period so I got my money back. They would have exchanged it but wanted me to pay £5 extra so I refused.
I reckon I will continue with all my radios until they just conk out as they are just fine. My oldest is a JVC boom buster that is now in the kitchen. It is 35 years old. The Roberts in the bathroom is 17 years old, the Sony in the bedroom is also 17 years. The Bush Dab in the living room is only 1 year old and adequate. I threw away a Sony mini hifi which was probably 15 years old (Itried to freecycle it but no one wanted it) as it because surplus to requirements when I downsized last year.

I've just looked at the Christie retro on the VQ website and it is still £129.99! Also it is not clear whether it comes with battery and carry case whilst the Amazon website is better as £60 radio only and £109 with battery and carry case. VQ need to improve their website; it is very glossy but not much content. Note this retro one is not the TSV one

This is a screenshot of my email

Click to enlarge

View attachment 11570

VQ Hepburn II DAB/FM Radio & Bluetooth Speaker with Rechargeable Battery
Item Number: 507978
QVC Price £121.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £7.95

This stylish vintage-look portable Hepburn radio can be tuned to DAB, DAB+ and FM radio stations, allowing you to access programming and music from across the UK and even the EU where available, also acting as a Bluetooth speaker so you can wirelessly play music from your smart devices. Enjoy all your favourite tunes at home and when you're out and about with this fantastically useful radio from VQ.
Music at your fingertips - the DAB, DAB+ and FM radio tuners mean you can listen to a wide range of radio stations from throughout the UK and the EU with robust, great quality sound. The radio also has the ability to save up to 10 pre-set stations so you can easily access your favourite and most listened-to stations at any time of the day.

Portable tunes - as the speaker is Bluetooth compatible you can connect to and play music from any smart device, making the speaker portable for around the home, from the kitchen to the bedroom. You can even use the auxiliary input to connect to other external devices such as an iPod, plus it features a rechargeable battery giving you up to 25 hours of continuous playback so you don't have to worry about being near a plug socket. With the radio's power out USB function you can also use it to charge other devices!

My VQ - control everything from the palm of your hand with pre-sets and separate controls for your bass and treble, so whatever you’re listening to will always sound perfect!

Wake up to great music - this brilliant radio can become your morning wake-up call using the VQ Lifestyle Alarm. It features dual alarms so you can choose to wake up to the sounds of your favourite DAB and FM radio stations or a buzzer countdown timer. You can also set a countdown timer with a buzzer alert, perfect for if you like to listen to music while you cook. And with the Sleep Timer Function you can set the radio to turn off at a specific time so you don't even have to get out of bed.

Fabulous sound quality - no matter what you choose to listen to on your Hepburn Mk II it will sound fantastic thanks to the combination of expert British design alongside premium components. In addition to Digital Sound Processing technology which automatically adjusts audio signals, you can independently adjust bass and treble or utilise one of the tailored pre-sets within the MyVQ function.

Colour options:

Red
Black
Cream
Powder Blue
Deep Purple

What's in the box?

VQ Hepburn II Portable Radio
1 x rechargeable battery
1 x UK/EU multi-plug
1 x instruction manual

Technical specifications:

Tuners: DAB, DAB+, FM Radio with Autoscan and 10 pre-sets available
Screen: LCD display (2.4")
Bluetooth connectivity via Smart Device
VQ Lifestyle alarm
Re-chargeable battery
Power source: mains three-pin plug
Radio (h x w x d): 16.6cm x 31.4cm x 9.4cm (6.5" x 12.4" x 3.7")
Weight: 1.5kg

Input/output:

1 x headphone connection (3.5mm)
1 x auxiliary-in connection (3.5mm)

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.507978

Did anyone go for it?

Didn't in the end. DH has promised he will help me use my iphone with a speaker or something instead (technophobe here!) Wishing I had bought it because I cant see the alternative ever happening lol!

Didn't in the end. DH has promised he will help me use my iphone with a speaker or something instead (technophobe here!) Wishing I had bought it because I cant see the alternative ever happening lol!
Just google the speaker name and iPhone. It is probably an app that you need to download onto iTunes and then you pair it with the speaker. There will be loads of instructions on the Internet. You cannot break anything

Well, I went for the purple version which arrived at the weekend. Really like the style but the QC was certainly missing...all the metal bits were tarnished, dials, buttons and the strap connectors...needless to say going back, would like a replacement, but cannot guarantee quality so refund instead.

image2.JPG

Latest posts

Back