Voice overs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
You know when the voice over totally spoils the trailer? That woman doing Decleor at the moment - how awful is she? It sounds like she's reading from a card! No emotion or inflection. This should be a sexy French accent, or at least someone who sounds like they want to be doing it!! I have noticed a few over the years. Anyone think of any more?

Yes! I'm with you on this, it sounds like a comedy French accent, sort of spoof voiceover that French and Saunders would do.

Worst voiceover has got to be Caroline's for Liz Earle. It's not the voice for a voiceover.

There's some 'woman' who sounds like she's been rubbing testosterone gel on her for a good few years - does lots of products. Don't know her name or face, but you know the one I mean. Awful. Sounds so contrived.

I find the Carol Hocman trailers with all those smug women in their nightclothes in a room as big as the ground floor of a semi, all with individual iPads etc particularly annoying.

Yes! I'm with you on this, it sounds like a comedy French accent, sort of spoof voiceover that French and Saunders would do.

Worst voiceover has got to be Caroline's for Liz Earle. It's not the voice for a voiceover.

Caroline's voice is dreadful. She sounds... well, congested. Sorry Caroline.

Sara G does the faux French voice for Decleor and Gatineau.

I have noticed a Northern Ireland accent doing a voice over on QVC, can't remember which product. Yes, I was really that interested I remember it. :mysmilie_15: Just thought oh she's from here. We always do that in NI, 'Oh he or she is from here.'

The deep-voiced voice-over lady has been on lots of things (none of which I can remember either). Her name is Trish Bertram.

I find the Carol Hocman trailers with all those smug women in their nightclothes in a room as big as the ground floor of a semi, all with individual iPads etc particularly annoying.

That one is hilarious! God forbid this random collection of women in an oversized bedroom should actually TALK to each other!! Shouldn't they be on sofas having a chat?

I hated the other `Carol Hochman trailer; the one filmed in stop-frame animation like "The Prof" short films shown on Vision On in the 1970s...they seriously weird me out!

I have noticed a Northern Ireland accent doing a voice over on QVC, can't remember which product. Yes, I was really that interested I remember it. :mysmilie_15: Just thought oh she's from here. We always do that in NI, 'Oh he or she is from here.'

Agree Donna - shes pretty annoying - I always wonder which Zceleb she is as the voice is vaguely familiar

They're not using her voice at the moment. This one doesn't even have a pretend French accent!!

The one good thing about the eyebrows was it took your attention away from the drone of her voice talking over everyone and talking down to us suckers.

The Sara Griffiths l'Occitane use to make me burst out laughing. So terrible! In parts it is totally unconvincing! I lived and worked in France for several years and am very familiar with the accent. I don't mind most of the voice-overs on QVC generallly. Much better than elsewhere on TV and radio where most voice-overs get done by a guy called Jon Rand. He has a slightly streetwise, slightly norther, slightly rugged, slightly "yoof" voice that it quite hard to explain, but he really gets on my nerves. He even does the Jewellery Channel now: "Our buyer Amit...." when he clearly is just being paid to read that stuff. I particularly hate Timothy Spall's voice - the one from the Wickes and British Gas adverts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZndzpedISLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBxJNVfZ_Wo

Last edited:
Not Qvc, but the worst voice over has to be the flash magic eraser one. It has me cringing.

As for Sara G's French accent, she's supposed to be an 'actress' isn't she. Absolutely awful.

Latest posts

Back