Vitamix TSV 15/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It worked well for smoothing my soup, and wasn't very noisy for this either.

I've had soup 4 days running so I don't think I'll use it to make more soup for a few days.

It worked well for smoothing my soup, and wasn't very noisy for this either.

I've had soup 4 days running so I don't think I'll use it to make more soup for a few days.

i want to try some health giving smoothies to kick start me the recipes on qvc look interesting

i will be going shopping at aldi for some cheap veggies/fruit to make a drink for lunch. will let you know how it all goes. i have some bananas in the freezer peeled and cut up in a sandwhich bag..the berry looks smart and a bit different

i have unpacked it and found a permanant spot for it on the worktop. its very tall but i want it out all the time. i also like the lack of bits and bobs. the tamper stick is the only extra. fab!

the books are excellent. the recipes are and simple consise and not toooo many ingredients. luckily i have some american cup size measuring bits. and some ice cubes ready to go

I haven't opened the books yet so I am making it up as I go along.

For lunch I used yogurt, a huge frozen banana, and a medium size frozen carrot.

It looked like strawberry ice cream and tasted very nice, and sweet. But I couldn't really taste either the carrot or the banana.

I'm not sure if I could have used milk instead of yog. I will experiment by making ice cubes out of frozen milk, if I can find my ice tray, and use that to make an "ice cream" as above, instead of the yog.

I haven't opened the books yet so I am making it up as I go along.

For lunch I used yogurt, a huge frozen banana, and a medium size frozen carrot.

It looked like strawberry ice cream and tasted very nice, and sweet. But I couldn't really taste either the carrot or the banana.

I'm not sure if I could have used milk instead of yog. I will experiment by making ice cubes out of frozen milk, if I can find my ice tray, and use that to make an "ice cream" as above, instead of the yog.

did you use strawberry yoghurt or natural. i have a huge tub of low fat vanilla from aldi its even got the tiny black seeds in it

just made my first smoothie. i opted for the green one but i used black grapes instead of green grapes. it also includes, cucumber, greens i used fresh spinach and fresh mint. i had no pineapple. but there is a section of optional add ins so i added a pear, frozen banana and fresh ginger. you use iced water and a cup of ice cubes. quite delicious and fresh tasting. tastes very very expensive. there is enough for two servings the other one i will have tommorow. it was an odd colour because of the black grapes. but the texture and the icy smoothness is sublime. so happy!

I used my home made plain yogurt, I make and eat one litre every day.

I've put some milk in the freezer to freeze as ice cubes to see if that works like yogurt, after all, that's what I make the yogurt with, and my theory is the ice cream will be colder and thus thicker than using yogurt.

do you still need to use some liquid to cover the blades sb....i kept thinking about my lovely drink in the fridge so finished it off. got loads of stuff from aldi would have cost three times the price in waitrose. even sainsburys is overpriced for fresh fruit and veg.

for now i am going to stick to the recipes so i can build up my skill level and ensure good results.

I have considered buying a vitamix but, because it is not cheap, I need to know it would be in constant use. To all of the virgin vitamixers, how often are you using it, and for what? Thanks, in advance, for any input.

Mine only gets used about twice a week in the winter to blend soup. It gets a lot more use in the summer when I am making ice cream and smoothies. Usage has also reduced because I am living on my own at the moment and not cooking as much. I do love it though. If you want something cheaper the blendtecs from Ideal world is a possibility otherwise some of the ones sold by John Lewis.
I also grind coffee beans in it

I've got a cheaper IW version, the Omniblend, bought on offer at £240 (not at IW any more but same price on amazon). We use ours daily for making ice cream, puddings and smoothies to eat more healthily. Worth every penny.

just made some ice cream its just the best ice cream i have ever tasted. my eldest daughter could not believe it when i made it before her eyes.

I made some today with frozen milk cubes, frozen banana and carrot.

It seemed to make loads of it, and filled me up much more than just eating a banana and carrot and drinking some milk, which I often have for lunch. Very mysterious.

Then made soup for dinner. I made a "basic" soup with tinned tomatoes, onions, boiled pots and carrots ONLY and whizzed it up until smooth.

This was enough for 3 portions so I divided it up, with 2 portions for freezing.

Then I put today's portion in a saucepan to heat and add ingredients such as curry paste, piri-piri (I like spicy stuff) and added peas for some texture.

I am still making it up as I go along, haven't even glanced at the books yet.

I made some today with frozen milk cubes, frozen banana and carrot.

It seemed to make loads of it, and filled me up much more than just eating a banana and carrot and drinking some milk, which I often have for lunch. Very mysterious.

Then made soup for dinner. I made a "basic" soup with tinned tomatoes, onions, boiled pots and carrots ONLY and whizzed it up until smooth.

This was enough for 3 portions so I divided it up, with 2 portions for freezing.

Then I put today's portion in a saucepan to heat and add ingredients such as curry paste, piri-piri (I like spicy stuff) and added peas for some texture.

I am still making it up as I go along, haven't even glanced at the books yet.

i want to master the basics then make up some ideas when i get the hang of it.i really like the flexibility and eating more fresh fruit/veg..are you glad you gave the vitamix anather go?

Yes, but I've rediscovered how difficult it is to get the lid on and off, and that stuff can force itself out of the top even when the small lid if firmly on. But it does seem a bit less noisy.

Yes, but I've rediscovered how difficult it is to get the lid on and off, and that stuff can force itself out of the top even when the small lid if firmly on. But it does seem a bit less noisy.

You can use a spoon handle under the spout to lift the lid. the vitamix at full throttle is like a boeng 747 taking off

Latest posts

Back