Vionic Strappy Sandal TSV 09/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How does this style fit Goldie. I like the look of them especially as they are leather. I'm a 6.5 with a slightly wide foot.

Yes more modern style I lived in them and the islander flip flops last summer due to plantar fasciitis.. I am a 7.5 / 41, the size 8 is a 41 and perfect for slightly wider . First day I wore them had them on 6 hours shopping in Glasgow no issues at all like walking on air . Just wish they bring more modern styles .

I quite like them.

I have arthritis in my feet, so can never where anything with heels :mysmilie_10:

But why no size 9 in the TSV???

Large sizes "fly off the shelves"........but only if they make it to the shelf in the 1st place!!

I've just turned on and had my first look and I like them much better than from the photos. I'm not keen on the idea of synthetic shoes though.

I've decided to give them a try.

This is one product where the 30 day mbg is useful. Although not really the weather to be trialing them! LOL I ordered the slippers with this in mind and kept the box just in case but no way was I sending those back in the end.

What colour are you going for? I quite like them all.

I liked a few of the colours but in the end opted for black, boring but safe I know. It was either those or the navy or pewter as I didn't want a particularly light summer colour just yet. Still not sure if I'd have been better with navy.

Typical Q -.sandals in Feb and Emu in July

I like the look of these but having been caught out in not being able to wear Emu properly during a heatwave and it wasn't until I was outside walking properly (in December) that I knew without a doubt that they were not for me long long after 30Mbg so I'm just not sure about taking a chance.

I can walk around the house as much as I like but Sod's law, the minute I'm outside they turn into a whole different pair of shoes and somehow I can't see myself out in bare feet just yet!

I might have been tempted but that last strap comes very high up the front which makes legs look shorter, every mm counts when your a short arse!

I was tempted to try this range for the first time but I'm glad I read all your comments, I've thought twice as when I watched the vionic shows today they seemed to be desperately trying to address the very issues you were raising, and brush them off. However if anyone is still wanting some but not wanting to pay Q's prices, there are a few of the styles that they carry being sold brand new on EBay a lot cheaper, and post free. One three strap style I saw is about £25 cheaper.

Mine have arrived. I'm both pleased and disappointed. I'm a wider than average 6.5 and ordered a 6. The footbed is great very comfortable and perfect length however the straps are a little short and some of the velcro is still exposed when done up on me. It would look so much better if covered over especially when the velcro starts to pick up hairs and threads like it always does. I was surprised too as they were sold as being wide and suitable for those with bandages and disfigurations which I don't think would be the case as my feet are only a little wide and I can wear most average width shoes in most styles.

To be honest I doubt anyone would really notice apart from me but they would look better finished I'm sure. I can't remember what the colour name of the ones I ordered was maybe graphite. It's a greying bronze and a good choice I think as will go with anything.

I'm undecided whether to keep yet but from my first 30 minutes wear if comfort continues I guess I will probably keep as comfort usually wins over style in shoes for me these days.

Anyone else received theirs yet?

Last edited:
Yes, mine came today. I ordered black & I'm really pleased with them. They look much nicer than the black looked on screen, was regretting not choosing navy or grey, but not now. They are patent, crocodile effect which looks more expensive than they were & the straps are better. The top one doesn't come too high up near the ankle, which I was concerned about, & the others are a nice width, not too thick. The Velcro is fine for me. I'm a size 4 ( often 4 1/2 high street) & they fit perfectly, my foot is a bit wide especially one which I've had a few operations on but the fasten ok, no Velcro left showing. The footbed does feel a little strange, (even after my Birkenstocks, but you can tell it's supporting the arch which I need as I do pronate badly) harder than expected under the arch but I expect I'll get used to them as was said. As an aside, both the guests were very easy on the eye, don't you think,as well as explaining the shoes well :happy:

I ordered the TSV in Denim Blue and the colour is nice. :mysmilie_59:

I ordered two sizes because my experience of buying footwear is not always successful, and both arrived today. :mysmilie_59:

So far so good.

I wear a 36 in Birkenstocks but 4 or even a 4 and a half in most high street brands. Straight away the 3 was a better footbed length, the 4 being too long past my toes for sandals.

The arch support is okay, but then I'm used to wearing my custom-made ones, but I really struggle to buy shoes that will fit with them inside, particularly sandals.

But then it all goes wrong!

The arch support whilst it does lift the arch it also pushes my foot out at an angle that doesn't follow the line of the sole; walking in them around the house I can tell my little toes will get rubbed.

AS someone else commented here (and others have stated in the online reviews) the middle strap just isn't long enough to cover the velcro. It won't come undone (tho people with a higher instep than mine may struggle).

So I've parceled up the size 4s already and I suspect the 3s will go the same way after the weekend. I won't order Vionics again, mostly the styles are fugly. Back to Birkis which I know I can wear all day from day one and are standard fittings.

The reviews for the TSV aren't very good, I suspect they'll get a huge number of returns.

Must admit I haven't tried wearing mine, just a quick try on. Happen I should give them a proper try out in case they need to go back.

Latest posts

Back