Vionic Sandal TSV 22/06/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm going to give these a try - I have great problems with my feet.

What are the sizing like on these ?

Im normally a 5 1/2 but take a 5 in the Skechers go walks - can anyone suggest what size I should go for ?

This range is so hideous, I have never even contemplated buying a pair. I am a 5, and wear a 5 in the skechers memory foam. I am in sales, so am on my feet all day, and these shoes are so comfortable, I have two pairs, in different colours. Black for work, and bronze for everyday wear.

The only pair I ever tried from this range I got in my normal size 7,but it is difficult to say about the fit because my feet moved about in them and a lot of others had the same problem. They were useless.

Maybe as these are toe posts they will be better.I personally would never buy the range again.

They usually give advise on fitting on the day. If you are a half size you usually go down a size but on some styles (narrow) you need to go up.

This range is so hideous, I have never even contemplated buying a pair. I am a 5, and wear a 5 in the skechers memory foam. I am in sales, so am on my feet all day, and these shoes are so comfortable, I have two pairs, in different colours. Black for work, and bronze for everyday wear.

I love my Skechers because they are soooo comfortable but my fallen arches are now giving me cracked heels etc so I need to abandon the Skechers comfort for shoes with arch support
:(
So need to try these

Oh I like the look of the new colours . I have vionic flip flops already love them to bits

The toe post doesn't look very smooth, wonder if it will rub.

My thoughts exactly! I have a very sensitive web between my first 2 toes and I've had toeposts with this kind of woven fabric before. A couple of wears and they were in the charity bag for someone else to enjoy. I only manage with really smooth material between my toes. My faves have a cross-over, by Ipanema. No support, admittedly, but a nice cushiony sole.

Like Turandot, I won't be tempted again. My feet also moved around in them, they're hard and expensive for what they are.

I bought the last TSV with the jewels and initially they were OK, but I have since found my feet slipping towards the outside edge.

Not only that but I now have air bubbles appear between the cork effect material and the foot bed which no doubt will hole in time...won't be buying any more, that's for sure :sad:

I am a normal size 5, however with Vionic I have a 4 otherwise they are too big and the arch support is in the wrong place. The same can be said of Birkenstock, a size 4 and also Skechers Go Walk's.

I see an orthotist on a regular basis and I took a pair of Vionics to an appointment to get them assessed. He said that the arch support was in the wrong place and it was causing my feet to roll outwards. I sent them back and I wouldn't buy from this range again. TBH I wasn't bothered as I didn't particularly like the shoe anyway. I just wanted a change. I wish I could wear Sketchers, but I can't.

I bought the last TSV with the jewels and initially they were OK, but I have since found my feet slipping towards the outside edge.

Not only that but I now have air bubbles appear between the cork effect material and the foot bed which no doubt will hole in time...won't be buying any more, that's for sure :sad:

I am a normal size 5, however with Vionic I have a 4 otherwise they are too big and the arch support is in the wrong place. The same can be said of Birkenstock, a size 4 and also Skechers Go Walk's.

I am also a size 5, but wear a 4 in Birkenstocks.

Vionic Orthotic Islander Snake Effect Sandal with FMT Technology
Item Number: 141111
QVC Price £39.50
Today's Special Value Price £31.98
P&P £3.95

These Islander sandals from Vionic feature a padded toe-post design with a snakeskin-effect trim, and a shaped footbed for ultimate support and comfort. Whether you're hanging out at home or taking a stroll around town, keep your feet cool and comfortably stylish in these chic toe-post sandals from Vionic.

Durable and practical - a rubber outsole with patterned tread provides traction on a variety of surfaces, plus the raised diamond pattern on the footbed provides extra grip. Wipe off with damp cloth and air dry.

Total body support - FMT technology offers a built-in four-degree arch support and deep heel cups help stabilise the instep, aligning your feet to their natural position and helping with overall body alignment. A lightweight and flexible EVA midsole absorbs shock to help reduce the impact on your knees and ankles.

Optimum comfort - for the first few days, we suggest wearing the sandals for just a few hours at a time to allow your body to adjust to the level of support - they will feel very different to regular shoes. For half sizes, go down a size.

A name you can trust - Vionic sandals are recommended by Dr Andrew Weil M.D. and have the American Podiatry Association Seal of Acceptance.

Round toe design
Slip-on style
Upper: leather and textile; inner: manmade and textile; sole: manmade

Colour options:

Black
Natural
Navy
Coral

Behind the brand

Vionic is a fashionable and comfortable footwear range created by podiatrist Phillip Vasyli and based on his own professional experience of creating thousands of custom orthotics. Featuring biomechanically-designed orthotic technology, Vionic footwear helps natural foot function and promotes well-being with every step.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.141111

Anyone thinking of getting Navy and not bothered about the snake effect finish they have the Islander in Navy as deal of the week at simplyfeet for £30 + £2.95 p&p but best of all they do free returns and exchanges. I've bought from them and needed to exchange size and they were very efficient.

I see an orthotist on a regular basis and I took a pair of Vionics to an appointment to get them assessed. He said that the arch support was in the wrong place and it was causing my feet to roll outwards. I sent them back and I wouldn't buy from this range again. TBH I wasn't bothered as I didn't particularly like the shoe anyway. I just wanted a change. I wish I could wear Sketchers, but I can't.
What brands of shoes do you wear?

I have custom made orthotics which are very deep on one foot, as one leg is significantly shorter than the other (along with other problems). I find it so difficult to find shoes that these will fit into let alone with my foot inside too. But in case you have this problem I've found this Hotter shoe fits: http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/leanne-shoes. I had to go up from my usual size, a small 4 (sometimes a 3) up to a 5, but they don't look too much like clown shoes when I look down. Hotter do several styles where the liner insole can be removed which helps an orthotic to fit inside. Now I hate trainers, and would never willingly wear them other than for sport but needs must. When I first got the insoles the only shoes the Clarks/K shoes could offer me were that classic old lady style - a kind of fawn basket effect lace up brogue that would go well with a tweed skirt and green quilted bodywarmer ensemble. They were far more hideous than the picture I've uploaded but you get the idea. I graciously declined and burst into tears outside the shop, I was still only in my 30s and loved fashionable shoes. I still wear silly heels if I'm out for an occassion (the kind designed for sitting on leather car seats or lying down :mysmilie_12:) but wearing these dumb trainers around the house as much as I can makes this possible.

I tried Vionics but they really don't offer enough arch lift in the right place so I wear Birkenstocks nearly all year round and they meet with the Physio's approval. Even so I find myself looking at every Vionics TSV and wonder whether they're worth trying again! I am weak, so have to turn over!

Attachments

• lady shoes.jpg
    lady shoes.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 148
Can't help feeling that this brand is built on wishful thinking and spin. Surely the whole point about orthotics is that they need to be custom made for your particular issues? The sales guy waffles on about "average" and "common" issues, but no two feet are the same.

Latest posts

Back