USA TSV Bobbi Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
The TSV in the US looks really good today. A Bobbi Brown set with full sized products AND it's on auto delivery!
Why can we not have kits like that?

Because Estee Lauder will not allow QVC UK to have a TSV. According to Paul, the kits we get on QVC UK are just as good as a TSV. Yeah right!!!!!

Oh by the way another who wants to know where Paul has gone, he is now doing international training for the company.

I don't understand why EL will allow a TSV in America, but not here. Why allow it in one country and not the other? Most annoying as I am a big fan.

Because Estee Lauder will not allow QVC UK to have a TSV. According to Paul, the kits we get on QVC UK are just as good as a TSV. Yeah right!!!!!

Oh by the way another who wants to know where Paul has gone, he is now doing international training for the company.
Is Paul still going to do the BB shows as I really like his style.
Also agree that it is not fair we cant have a TSV in the UK.
Lynn

No idea if Paul will still do the QVC shows, perhaps it depends if he is available.

Estee Lauder are one of the biggest cosmetic companies worldwide, far bigger than QVC. So they can decide what they want to do. Bobbi appears on QVC US, yet even if in the country doing the department stores, she has never appeared on QVC UK.

And yet they are not too big for QVC US. I think the price of Bobbi Brown is not so good on QVC, they may as well not bother selling the brand and leave it to the department stores where everything is full price unless the store themselves has a match the competitor promotion.

I expect it is down to the fact that QVC US and QVC UK are essentially different companies as far as contracts and taxation is concerned. Then you have the pound and the dollar, the fact that Bobbi Brown/Estee Lauder is an American brand so they will always be cheaper in their own market than they are to countries they export to. The market in the US is totally different, they cannot be less competitive in their attitude and get away with it over there. QVC us is a massive business over there and in order to survive and remain competitive in the US they have to deal with QVC, and that means including having Bobbi herself. The the original deal in the UK would have been on totally different terms.

Also in the US, just being "high end" does not wash with the American customer. They still expect to pile it high and sell it cheap. That is engrained in the psyche of the American consumer. Probably why many high end niche British brands can't crack the US market.

I'm afraid the only way to get them to change their attitude towards the UK customer is to effectively boycott the brand in department stores. Once it hits their UK profits, that's when you will see better deals.

No idea if Paul will still do the QVC shows, perhaps it depends if he is available.

Estee Lauder are one of the biggest cosmetic companies worldwide, far bigger than QVC. So they can decide what they want to do. Bobbi appears on QVC US, yet even if in the country doing the department stores, she has never appeared on QVC UK.
Maybe she is calculating on whether the travelling fares and if the cost of it will benefit her products sales? I suppose these business people only think of profits.

You made some very good points there, Weathergirl.
I've often thought we should take a leaf out of the US consumers' book, it's the only way we could begin to address the "rip off Britain" mentality of many companies.

The US department store customer is very different from people here. They expect and get Friends and Familes sales a few times a year with 20% off cosmetics. Here we seem grateful for 10%. I once asked a friend who is an sa about this and was told the companies and stores could not afford that discount.

Backing up Weathergirl, on QVC UK they could sell 80,000 or 90,000 units(guessing here from the old Molton Brown days), QVC US will sell millions on a TSV day. Bobbi is just the face of BB cosmetics it is own by Estee Lauder, she will get incentives and bonuses for appearing where ever. In the UK it is only Harvey Nichols, Harrods and Selfridges. I cannot see a Debenhams or House of Fraser customer dropping £££(three figures) a pop in one go at a cosmetic counter, unless with a store card. Have you ever seen a BB GWP? I doubt it.

Lets be honest the price sold on QVC is the same as in store for 99% of the BB products shown. Only special kits do you get a better price. Even then I remember they had a palette as new on air which was 2 years old on counter.

I belong to a number of beauty boards and BB is not that highly rated, they do love the new palettes each season. But really its Chanel,YSL,MAC,NARs,Laura Mercier,Chanticalle which grabs the attention and lemming factor. The Naked palettes have pushed Urban Decay up.

Lemming by the way is a term used when something is so wanted they will rush after it without looking and must have it.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that Elemis (a UK brand) seems to be taking a leaf out of the Bobbi Brown book in the UK? It has it's "high end" status by selling in Harvey Nicks etc, and the British Airways salon and the cruise ships is playing a blinder with the international ( including American) traveller, after all Heathrow is the busiest international airport in the world. The prices are high in these areas. But they take the American "pile em high sell em cheap" attitude when dealing with QVC UK, where they do some exceptional prices fir TSV's and sell many thousands of units to the UK market who it values to it's business. I no longer use Elemis apart from one or two bits and pieces but I don't think they have cheapened their brand in any way by doing this, they have kept their reputation whilst becoming accessible to the ordinary UK consumer, appearing in the magazines and on QVC, and have acquired a cult following on facebook because of this. Well done Elemis, be careful there may be bigger sharks sniffing around you trying to swallow you up! Or are you immune to that and set to become the big shark like Estee Lauder did? Wait and see

Elemis is on QVC US now, and reading their community board you see, "Oh I had a facial on a cruise. Wonderful brand." Etc.

We have it on QVC UK but TSVs and also places like Debenhams, House of Fraser and John Lewis. Where you get the deals like Clarins, buy two products pick 4 or 5 large Try Me sizes. Online quite a few websites have deals on Elemis on a regular basis.

So you are right Weathergirl.

By the way how many know that Elemis have bought the brand Bliss some time ago? They used to appear on QVC UK with AY raving over them.

[/QUOTE]I belong to a number of beauty boards and BB is not that highly rated, they do love the new palettes each season. But really its Chanel,YSL,MAC,NARs,Laura Mercier,Chanticalle which grabs the attention and lemming factor. The Naked palettes have pushed Urban Decay up.[/QUOTE]

Whilst I love a couple of Bobbi Brown items (gel eyeliners and Bone eyeshadow), I get quite excited by Laura Mercier, MAC and Chanel. I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette (filched it from my daughter as she doesn't use it much) and its my favourite.

I do use a few Laura Geller things as well, such as BnB, Blush 'n Highlight, Spackle but have been very disappointed with the Eye Rimz. I bought her bronzer but it really needs a light hand when applying.

Elemis is on QVC US now, and reading their community board you see, "Oh I had a facial on a cruise. Wonderful brand." Etc.

We have it on QVC UK but TSVs and also places like Debenhams, House of Fraser and John Lewis. Where you get the deals like Clarins, buy two products pick 4 or 5 large Try Me sizes. Online quite a few websites have deals on Elemis on a regular basis.

So you are right Weathergirl.

By the way how many know that Elemis have bought the brand Bliss some time ago? They used to appear on QVC UK with AY raving over them.

Donna255, Steiner Leisure acquired Elemis Ltd in 1996 and, in 2010, Steiner acquired Bliss Spa and products brand. Jay

That explains the brands on TimeToSpa as they are all Steiner, well apart from Essie which L'Oreal grabbed.

Very interesting article in the NYTimes financial about which 10 brands will disappear by 2013. Avon is there, wonder what that will mean for Liz Earle? Their shares tripled when Coty were interested, but after Coty pulled out they have dropped belong their 2010 price which is very low it seems.

Latest posts

Back