Uri is just plain weird

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have any idea what that weirdo Uri Geller is going on about. He's just had his hand in front of the camera and asked us to put our palm on his and feel the energy. Also something will tell us to look at the clock at precisely 11:11.

Now don't get me wrong, Michael Jackson was a legend but there's no denying he was a little odd shall we say. It's not difficult to see why they were "great friends".

He's certainly a damn good salesman though. There was a crappy glass (sorry rock crystal) pendant on for nearly £31 and he said to Simple Simon "are you absolutely sure that price is correct?" WHAT total boll***s. All his stuff is going like hot cakes so he's doing something right. If we write to him at: Uri Geller, Sonning, Berkshire, he's send us a signed photo. WOW.

I'm pretty sure Micheal and Uri fell out a few years ago - Uri couldn't get on the TV quick enough when MJ died.
I don't see why QVC bother with his tat.
I agree the guy is weird!

It's amazing how Mr Geller has gone from being a purported psychic who bends spoons, to flogging his crystal tat on a shopping channel.

He reminds me of those guys who used to travel round towns in the old West (like Weston-super-Mare*), flogging crap "medicine" for the gullible to buy.

Why QVC thinks he is a "prestigious brand" I don't know. But then, they also get that awful Quacker and Kirke's Folly stuff on as well: maybe they don't see anything wrong in fleecing the lonely and gullible in society? :wonder:

*sarcasm :devil:

IMO Uri is one of QVC's most boring guests, I wouldn't give him or his tat 5mins of my time...
I would like to see him consigned to Room 101.

BUT!
Who is buying his stuff?
It sells so somebody must be buying it:thinking:
As long as it does QVC will happily have ole Uri sitting with a glazed manic look in his eyes selling.

Its quite sad that there are people out there that do believe buying one of his overpriced pieces will bring them luck. He is a just a con man who has made a load of money from it over the years. He had a watch on last night and he was going on about it and how it would bring luck or something. Utter twaddle, and lets not forget the lucky sixpence at christmas. What next a lucky Easter bunny!!

I have to say that he disgusts me, but as others have said, his stuff does sell for some unknown reason.
Having said that, surely QVC should have some principles? Just because something sells should not make it the only criteria-the guests need to be credible too, in my opinion, with some sort of evidence to back up their claims.

(mum writes)

Each to their own :) I guess it goes to show we're all different. I'm certainly not a gullible person in any way but I have purchased several pieces of his jewellery in the past (when gold prices were affordable!). I like to have jewellery that has some kind of meaning to it. And even if you don't, it's still nice looking jewellery to wear and I get a lot of comments about it. It's nicer than similarly priced diamoneeek tat. There are lots of people around who like this sort of thing and the fact that you can also find so much of it on other channels is testament to that. Uri is actually a very nice person, he does good stuff for charity and is a great family man. He also goes well out of his way for members of the public and those who buy his stuff. People often mock what they don't understand.

Uri is a clever con man who has amassed a fortune from doing the same old magic tricks that far better magicians who do not claim to have psychic powers did at primary school.

He has been exposed as a fraud by the great James Randi and numerous other skeptics. Yet he continues to make money. Never estimate human stupidity. I don't care how kind he is or how much he does for charity he is still using people for his own gains.

Uri is a clever con man who has amassed a fortune from doing the same old magic tricks that far better magicians who do not claim to have psychic powers did at primary school.

He has been exposed as a fraud by the great James Randi and numerous other skeptics. Yet he continues to make money. Never estimate human stupidity. I don't care how kind he is or how much he does for charity he is still using people for his own gains.

Absolutely. And James Randi is fabulous, and his books should be essential reading for anyone taken in by any of this claptrap.

Uri probably buys back half his own stuff and has it sent to addresses of all his fiends (not a spelling error) and family around the country as some sort of money-laundering tax evading scam. :cheeky:

Then silly eeeejits believe the hype that it's selling and jump on the sodding phones! :taphead:

(mum writes)

Each to their own :) I guess it goes to show we're all different. I'm certainly not a gullible person in any way but I have purchased several pieces of his jewellery in the past (when gold prices were affordable!). I like to have jewellery that has some kind of meaning to it. And even if you don't, it's still nice looking jewellery to wear and I get a lot of comments about it. It's nicer than similarly priced diamoneeek tat. There are lots of people around who like this sort of thing and the fact that you can also find so much of it on other channels is testament to that. Uri is actually a very nice person, he does good stuff for charity and is a great family man. He also goes well out of his way for members of the public and those who buy his stuff. People often mock what they don't understand.
I agree Moth. He may be weird but his jewellery is beautiful. After all, a lot of people buy Kim & Co!

I agree Moth. He may be weird but his jewellery is beautiful. After all, a lot of people buy Kim & Co!

I think the problem for me is not necessarily the jewellery. There is enough feedback on this thread to suggest to me that the quality is good and that I should see it before criticising it. What disturbs me are the wild claims he makes about what will occur if you wear it-that is the bit that makes me and many others, I suspect, very "anti".

I am sure some of his jewellery, if not all, is very well made. So why not just market the jewellery for the jewellery sake, why the need to attach some sort of psychic ability to it? I like the look of some of it, but will on purpose never buy anything from him

I agree that some of it looks pretty and I might be tempted if it was an ordinary jewellery show but the association with Uri Geller and his self serving fakery taints it for me.

I agree that some of it looks pretty and I might be tempted if it was an ordinary jewellery show but the association with Uri Geller and his self serving fakery taints it for me.

Don't be tempted. I was taken in and ordered some earrings last year and then promptly sent them back. I love gold jewellery but it really isn't any good if it's "affordable". The difference between QVC's usual crap and Clogau is incomparable.

You are all totally wrong and a bunch of moaners. You never take time to praise anyone. Its just moan, moan, moan...........

Uri just produces fantastic jewellery that is stylish and well cut. Uri is a kind kind man who has gone out of his way to help people. When he is on TV I can feel his energy...

Uri has a gift and for just 3 easy payments of £49.99 plus £8.99 P&P I have that gift to.

You don't deserve it but I have recently worn my Uri Geller Crystal Necklace and the following came to me in a vision. I have seen the future:

* In a suprise to stun the fashion world,Princess Kate does not pick a more established fashion designer for her wedding dress. Instead she picks an up and coming label Glen De La Campbell. Her white gown is a classic yet 'on trend' which just a 'pop' of colour. She teams her dress with some cream birkenstocks...

* David Cameron announces his new Secretary of Health...Miss Julia Roberts. In a press conference he states "The way Julia has gone from a size 16 to a small small has been inspiring and she will lead the country in inspiring us to be fit and healthy'.

Unfortunately, just 2 weeks later Miss Roberts is forced to resign after a News of The World sting where it is discovered she has been employing numerous members of her family in roles they would not normally have access to...

* Claire Sutton leaves QVC to front the relaunch of the BBC classic 'Jackanory'. After just 2 episodes she leaves by 'mutual agreement' after a group of 5 year olds stage a large demonstration outside of BBC HQ. One of the children states 'The way she spoke down to us like 4 years olds was just patronsing..'

*QVC send a letter to every customer with a sincere apology admitting that votes had been miscalculated and hiring Craig Rowe was a tragic mistake.

SEE! I have a gift too because of Uri...................Now apologise to him

xx

anything in your vision about the p and p? maybe QVC are going to buy Royal Mail when it is privatised, can you gaze into your Steller Geller fortune Teller and let us know pleased MisKat. Thanks for a hilarious post