Upset Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i didnt see it, but go JR for letting your feelings show and not being a ****** selling robot. its why youre faba nd its why we love you (well SOME of us! hee hee)

Hear, hear BurlyBeaR, I second that.:60:

Only think I have against Julia is not wanting a picture taken with me, OK who can blame her I am no oil painting :(
I'm not a fan of JR as you know G but I'm sure it's nothing personal on her behalf, probably something in their contracts that forbids them appearing in promotional material outside of QVC confines. :rolleyes: The fact that the presenters no longer post on here is another indication of how controlling QVC Management are. :pPC:

Anyway, back to topic now, IMO 99% of T-callers are downright embarrassing anyway...rambling incoherently on about something they bought 3 years ago....'you know Julia/Charlie/Dale, the gold ring with the tanzanite cluster' and expecting the presenters to know exactly what fookin ring it is out of 1000s :rolleyes: or even worse recounting the whole bluddy list of things they've bought for the past 15 years. :YIKES: Then there are the ones who have found a willing ear at long last and bore the arse of us with what seems like hours :YAWN: of irrelevant personal trivia or the sycophantic crawlers who make you cringe with their gushing and ott compliments
barf.gif
although I bet Charlie believes every word of it. :SUE: Get rid of them QVC as most people I know (and by reading this forum) take the piss of of them, which rather defeats the object. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Didnt see this, what item had the tcaller bought

I don't think -- and others can correct me -- that she'd bought anything. She rang specifically to say how much she liked JR and enjoyed her presenting. Julia reminded her of her daughter. She mentioned that her husband had bought her a ring like one on the show.

She wasn't over-the-top or fawning, just a nice, elderly Scottish lady who was mortified at having caused the upset. That was almost the worst thing, that someone who'd intended to do something nice had had the opposite effect.

Anyway, back to topic now, IMO 99% of T-callers are downright embarrassing anyway...rambling incoherently on about something they bought 3 years ago....'you know Julia/Charlie/Dale, the gold ring with the tanzanite cluster' and expecting the presenters to know exactly what fookin ring it is out of 1000s :rolleyes: or even worse recounting the whole bluddy list of things they've bought for the past 15 years. :YIKES: Then there are the ones who have found a willing ear at long last and bore the arse of us with what seems like hours :YAWN: of irrelevant personal trivia or the sycophantic crawlers who make you cringe with their gushing and ott compliments
barf.gif
although I bet Charlie believes every word of it. :SUE: Get rid of them QVC as most people I know (and by reading this forum) take the piss of of them, which rather defeats the object. :rolleyes: :pPC:

:DNow thats a rant...from a pink pussycat too....hilarious:D

but sale assistants get this in real life too, i feel sorry for presenters who have to act as samaritans, but also for the callers. they are often lonely or sick or old and the qvc presenters seem like real friends to them.

In a way QVC have from the start chosen caring presenter who people can relate to, and i think a point ot note is that AY rarely gets the callers who fit into the previously mentioned group, though she does get people recovering from illness, but she does not have the warmth of julia dale and charlie plus some other.
I have to say, i beleive the affecton shown to T callers in need is genuine and no way an act, therefore i can see why it might encourage other callers.

Last edited:
poor julia....

julia is a nice presenter and really beautifull and i think quite a genuine presenter as she does not over sell like some of the other presenters do.i am sorry that she was upset and as we are only human sometimes even a well wishing person can cause us some sadness even by thier very kindness.

i hope that julia is feeling better and that we all wish her the very best regards. boffy

I felt really sorry for both parties - the caller was a lovely scottish lady who was clearly a big fan of Julia's, and though she was talking about her dead husband it was in a completely non-morose and upbeat fashion. Julia seemed to be really touched by both the praise and the lady's predicament, and it just tipped her over the edge.

The caller clearly meant no harm at all, but all the same, it was very awkward for Julia and whatever you think of them (presenters), their egos, their salaries etc, they shouldn't have to field situations like that.

I hope the idiots at QVC Towers finally get the message about T-callers. They are either horribly gushing, or a time-bomb of awkwardness or embarressment like yesterdays.....

and on a bare essentials show earlier today the T-Caller let it slip that the guest had ASKED her to call in when they had met a couple of weeks ago.

so they cant even claim that TC's are impartial.

theyre using web reviews a lot more these days arent they, very convenient for only including the bits you WANT to include!

i didnt see it, but go JR for letting your feelings show and not being a ****** selling robot. its why youre faba nd its why we love you (well SOME of us! hee hee)

its late and im just in from a club and a bit pi*sed yay i love JR!

Julia is fabulous. She is the only presenter I consistently like.

Whilst we have a joke about her 'I am a small' and some of her wonderful outfits - I think she is a good presenter and as Brucie would say 'she's my favourite'. She is always very professional and makes some of the young giggly girls look completely amateur.

Is it just me? I frequently cringe at the T-callers. I just wait for them to say "well I'm housebound" or "I've been very ill" or "my leg's just fallen off" or some other affliction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being cruel, but it almost seems to be a pre-requisite of being put through nowadays. I dunno...I almost find it a bit upsetting that some people are so desparate for a chat, they'll phone into QVC for one.:52:

I do think they must vet people a bit more nowadays. It's been ages since I've heard anyone sounding a bit worse for wear on a late night show and that used to be a fairly regular occurrence a few years ago!

Is it just me? I frequently cringe at the T-callers. I just wait for them to say "well I'm housebound" or "I've been very ill" or "my leg's just fallen off" or some other affliction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being cruel, but it almost seems to be a pre-requisite of being put through nowadays. I dunno...I almost find it a bit upsetting that some people are so desparate for a chat, they'll phone into QVC for one.:52:

I do think they must vet people a bit more nowadays. It's been ages since I've heard anyone sounding a bit worse for wear on a late night show and that used to be a fairly regular occurrence a few years ago!

I reach for the remote control as soon as someone comes on and turn the sound off - I just can't bear to hear them - they just make me cringe.

It is also very embarrassing when it is obvious the presenter is trying to get rid of them and the t-caller keeps talking - then it just goes dead and the presenter says goodbye (obviously the have been cut off).

It's not just you. The second they mention that they are going to take a telephone call I immediately mute the telly. I prefer IW where they read out emails - not quite so cringe making.

Julie

I was watching Julia do a gold show one day and a T-caller came on and said all the usual flattering things about JR being her favourite presenter etc, yawn ,yawn. She said she had the same bangle that JR was wearing, the cuff bangle in white and yellow gold, and was thinking of buying the matching pendant (or perhaps earrings, can't remember). She thought she'd noticed JR wearing earrings (or pendant) to match and what was the item number. Then it got scary, as the caller admitted to buying every item of jewellery that JR wore and really admired her taste. It was going into the realm on stalkerdom and Julia's face was a study as she looked half bemused and half frightened. Give her credit where it's due, as she handled the caller really well when others would have been screaming for police protection.

Latest posts

Back