Underwear on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Carla was selling lots of different "shapewear". Such things used to be called "foundation garments" but that was a long time ago, and they often included stocking suspenders. Some, without suspenders, were called "girdles." My grandmother wore them. Carla's suggestions still looked uncomfortable. Shoehorning yourself into them must be quite an accomplishment. If someone should put their arm around your waist, heaven forbid your bottom, they'd get an electric shock. Maybe not a bad thing for some cheeky git trying to feel you up.

Choice of bras when I started wearing them were either the foundation type ones (over the shoulder boulder holders” or 100% nylon ones that had no elastic in them whatsoever but were pretty. God did they make you sweat and were torture to wear. Thank goodness for the invention of Lycra.

Modern shapewear as it is called very different. I see it in M&S etc, and it has very little hold compared to the old style. And no, you will not get an electric shock from them. Very weird idea. The very famous brand worn by the actresses etc is just to smooth the look of dresses they wear, no to hold you in. Spanx

Oh I remember my Grandmother's old fashion girdles. One of her neighbours and friends, who was about 15 years older than her, used to wear what most would call bloomers or pantaloons. She referred to them as her "passion killers" when hanging them on the clothes line.

I remember my granny wearing this torture garment. Boned and with clips down, the front went from below her breasts to full body, it did have clips for her stockings. When I stayed with her, the relief at night when she took it off.

Oh I remember my Grandmother's old fashion girdles. One of her neighbours and friends, who was about 15 years older than her, used to wear what most would call bloomers or pantaloons. She referred to them as her "passion killers" when hanging them on the clothes line.
Directoire knickers. My nan,who died in 1982 wore them. I was with mum when she was buying some more and the lady at the side said "they're so comfy aren't they" thinking mum was buying them for herself. Mom was horrified and I nearly collapsed laughing.

Directoire knickers. My nan,who died in 1982 wore them. I was with mum when she was buying some more and the lady at the side said "they're so comfy aren't they" thinking mum was buying them for herself. Mom was horrified and I nearly collapsed laughing.
I’m sure they were more comfortable than the cheese cutter thongs🤣🤣. Better add I wear neither type but full coverage knickers that come up to my waistline.

I bought a pack of four pants from Bella Bodies from QVC I think and I love them. I even bought another four pack as they’re really durable and keep their shape well.I don’t think they’re on TV anymore but you can still buy directly from them.Edited to add that it was from Ideal World that they came from, the old version that is.

My Granny used to wear a corset which she'd snip the suspenders off. She wore one right up to when she died about 15 years ago. She used to wear HUGE Marks and Sparks pants with them too, we called them apple catchers.

She always asked for them for Christmas and birthday presents so we'd have to go in and find the right ones by browsing through the 'Granny' section...so embarrassing when you're a teen and you get dragged in by your Mum, and she shouts "I've found the ones you wanted!" whilst waving them in the air at me!

Latest posts

Back