Um, is 'love' an ingredient ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I think it does depend on upbringing. My mum always gave us kids cuddles, but dad was much less demonstrative because he in turn wasn't shown physical affection by his parents, although I'm sure the love was there. I know Dad would die for us and we knew it, so bear hugs were'nt needed. Equally we never felt the need to repeatedly say "love you !" as seems to be the norm now at the end of a phone call to all and sundry.

I'm not uptight or buttoned up, but I am emotional and full of love to someone when its needed, as I'm sure most of us are.

I agree. I've never been a 'natural hugger', so when mere acquaintances lunge in for the bear hug, I stand rigid or take a step back. We never did this when meeting friends back when I was a teenager in the 60's, and I cant remember doing it in the 70's either. We said 'pleased to meet you' or shook a hand when meeting someone new, and a simple 'bye' when leaving someone; but now its a full on body grip in meeting and exiting, so I've been grateful to Covid in one respect as its meant a cessation of this (in some quarters) unwanted body contact.
Me too. Not happy to be hugged by anyone. The occasional pat is about the extent of my demonstrativeness. We kiss lightly on the cheeks within the family. I’m happy to touch elbows now.

I’d say “love” is an ingredient, it's used to make bullsh!t and actually used a lot, presenters say they “love” every single item at least fifty times an hour 😂

I'll never meet anyone who posts on here, however, I do feel love for my fellow forumites. 2020 has affected all of us & when we were first placed under house arrest in March I never thought that I would crash the way I did; the affection, humour & wisdom shown by all of you has meant more than I can say.

Aw T I know what you mean, I too care deeply about yourself and my other Forum buddies, and love you all dearly. You can get to know people without seeing them because it’s that person’s personality, not what they look like, that forms that bond. I agree during Lockdown it was comforting and reassuring to know I had you all with me, and as I’ve said many times, I love all my Forum buddies from the bottom of my heart. Soppy............but true ❤️🙏 xx

I’ve got to say I’m a hugger, pre COVID I hug my family whenever I see them, people I build a rapport with but not strangers, to be honest I used to just go in, but Coronavirus has slapped that out of me. I’m quiet a tactile sort of a person who likes to show the love (as if you couldn’t tell 😂) ❤️❤️❤️😘.

I'm demonstrative & had to control this when working in a school, even though the students would often touch & even hug me. We are all creatures of our environment, my parents were openly affectionate & the photos from my childhood show children being hugged, couples holding hands & people close together. I like physical contact & I think that's why I've found this year so difficult. Going for a walk with My Mr T is like taking part in a route march so even though I wish the events of the past two weeks hadn't happened it's quite nice to go out for a few minutes every day walking at a leisurely pace, arm in arm.

I agree. I've never been a 'natural hugger', so when mere acquaintances lunge in for the bear hug, I stand rigid or take a step back. We never did this when meeting friends back when I was a teenager in the 60's, and I cant remember doing it in the 70's either. We said 'pleased to meet you' or shook a hand when meeting someone new, and a simple 'bye' when leaving someone; but now its a full on body grip in meeting and exiting, so I've been grateful to Covid in one respect as its meant a cessation of this (in some quarters) unwanted body contact.
I'm a cold fish, probably. since I hate physical contact with humans, even shaking hands with them puts me off somewhat, and I turn into a piece of wood if someone tries to hug me. However, I can hug and kiss my dear animals all day long ! And I do try to give smiles to people I recognize in the street to make up for my phobia.

I'm a cold fish, probably. since I hate physical contact with humans, even shaking hands with them puts me off somewhat, and I turn into a piece of wood if someone tries to hug me. However, I can hug and kiss my dear animals all day long ! And I do try to give smiles to people I recognize in the street to make up for my phobia.
Smiling and making eye contact with someone in the street is one of the best things you can do.Sometimes the hugging and air kissing is so false.

Latest posts

Back