Ultrasun TSV 3/6/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How much Ultrasun do we need?! I don’t go for these large sizes in anything as being on my own I get sick of the sight of the product before I get through it.I think I still have most of a TSV from last year.

Ultrasun 4 Piece Collection TSV 03/06/21

Single

Auto-Delivery

Family Collection

150ml SPF30 Family RRP £26 + post
100ml After Sun Tan Booster RRP £16 + post
150ml Sports Spray SPF30 RRP £28 + post
Ultralip SPF 30 RRP £8 + post

Total RRP £78 + post

Extreme Collection

150ml SPF50 Extreme Face RRP £30 + post
100ml After Sun RRP £16 + post
150ml Sports Spray SPF50 RRP £28 + post
Ultralip SPF 30 RRP £8 + post

Total RRP £82 + post

Attachments

• Ultrasun TSV 1.jpg
    Ultrasun TSV 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Ultrasun TSV 2.jpg
    Ultrasun TSV 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Ultrasun TSV 3.jpg
    Ultrasun TSV 3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Ultrasun TSV 4.jpg
    Ultrasun TSV 4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Ultrasun TSV 5.jpg
    Ultrasun TSV 5.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 98
I don't understand why, if you scale it for size, 200mL of the ultrasun SPF30 Family costs £32.75 (including postage)
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 21.25.38.png

whereas this, the UK's number 1 suncare brand:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 21.20.41.png

...costs £6.

Does anyone know what it is about the Ultrasun which justifies it costing over five times the price of the Nivea?

Last edited:
I don't understand why, if you scale it for size, 200mL of the ultrasun SPF30 Family costs £32.75 (including postage)
View attachment 21299

View attachment 21298

...costs £6.

Does anyone know what it is about the Ultrasun which justifies it costing over five times the price of the Nivea?
You beat me to it, I was just about to post a similar comment. I watch these presentations but I never feel convinced that the products are worth the high prices.

View attachment 21299

View attachment 21298

...costs £6.

According to the Nivea website, you’re supposed to reapply it every two hours, at a rate of two tablespoons for the body and a 10p sized blob for the face. So at, say, 40ml each time, that bottle of Nivea would barely last a couple of days.

Now admittedly I wouldn’t use anything like that amount of any sunscreen, really only putting it on face, arms and legs. But I think Ultrasun is good stuff and I’ve never burnt using it as directed. I only ever buy it when it’s a TSV and it lasts me ages.

According to the Nivea website, you’re supposed to reapply it every two hours, at a rate of two tablespoons for the body and a 10p sized blob for the face. So at, say, 40ml each time, that bottle of Nivea would barely last a couple of days.

Now admittedly I wouldn’t use anything like that amount of any sunscreen, really only putting it on face, arms and legs. But I think Ultrasun is good stuff and I’ve never burnt using it as directed. I only ever buy it when it’s a TSV and it lasts me ages.
Same here. I can’t be bothered faffing about every two hours…. I walk the ultrasun on in the morning and I’m done. Don’t burn, no prickly heat, and I don’t have to worry. It lasts forever, and if you get it in a TS it’s always a good deal.

Same here. I can’t be bothered faffing about every two hours…. I walk the ultrasun on in the morning and I’m done. Don’t burn, no prickly heat, and I don’t have to worry. It lasts forever, and if you get it in a TS it’s always a good deal.
Agree with you both!

I think that applies to all sunscreen, regardless of brand. This is the advice from Cancer Research UK: (source - https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ab...-uv-and-cancer/ways-to-enjoy-the-sun-safely-0)

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 09.11.15.png

It might be in the commercial interests of QVC and Ultrasun to try to make customers believe that a dab of her magic sunscreen once a day is 'all you need', but it really isn't. Given a choice between Abi Cleeve or Cancer Research, I know whose advice I'm more likely to follow. It's your choice what you spend your money on, of course. Skin cancer is a subject close to my heart, for personal reasons, and so I do have a bit of a problem with Ms Cleeve peddling her nonsense about 'once a day value and you're done'. She's talking out of her arse.

As above. A single application of Ultrasun's magic suncream really doesn't mean 'you don't have to worry'. It doesn't provide anywhere near enough protection against UV. And again - it's up to you how you spend your money. Just wanted to put the facts out there. :)

Totally fair points Craftalot, and I’m genuinely sorry to hear that you’ve had personal experience with skin cancer.

Going back to the point of your original post though, I‘m just saying that a tube of Ultrasun lasts me far longer than a bottle of Nivea ever will, even applying more than once a day and, in my experience, it’s also a better quality product. Buying it as a TSV means that the value is good too.

Totally fair points Craftalot, and I’m genuinely sorry to hear that you’ve had personal experience with skin cancer.

Going back to the point of your original post though, I‘m just saying that a tube of Ultrasun lasts me far longer than a bottle of Nivea ever will, even applying more than once a day and, in my experience, it’s also a better quality product. Buying it as a TSV means that the value is good too.
Absolutely fair point - and I wasn't trying to wag a finger or anything. Glad you're pleased with your purchase :D

I use Garnier clear protect. No white marks on skin or clothes and have never burnt yet. To be fair I don’t sunbathe but I do have skin which rarely sees the light of day and would burn.

F30 was the highest they did but lately are now doing F50

Ultrasun Sun Protection 4 Piece Top Up Collection

QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £3.95

Single

Auto-Delivery

This Ultrasun Sun Protection Top Up Collection features four suncare essentials, including an original SPF formula, Sports Spray, Lip Protection and After Sun. Whether you're staying close to home or planning a trip, stock up for summer with this Ultrasun set.

*A great saving : If you were to buy the Family or Extreme sun protection items individually, directly from Ultrasun you’d pay £78 for the Family, and £82 for the Extreme. So for our Today Special Value price of just £29.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £44.07 on the Family, and £48.07 on the Extreme collection.

Pick your sun protection - in a choice of Family SPF 30 or Extreme SPF 50, you can select the collection to suit your needs. The Family set is ideal for all ages and covers a wide spectrum of needs, while the Extreme set is ideal for those looking for a higher factor.

Ready for anything - whether relaxing in the garden, playing in the park or getting stuck into some sandcastle-building, the three SPF formulas have all eventualities covered. And when you're done outdoors, slather on the After Sun to moisture your skin.

Long-lasting protection - just one application of SPF from this Ultrasun range provides long-lasting protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types. With a shelf life of up to two years after opening, these products will help keep your skin protected season after season.

EcoSun awarded - known for their patented lamellar technology and broad spectrum sun protection formulas, Ultrasun was the first suncare brand worldwide to be awarded the BASF EcoSun pass status. For more information on the BASF EcoSun pass, please visit carecreations.basf.com/ecosun-pass.

Stock up on suncare - be prepared to head outdoors as soon as the sun appears. Select our Auto Delivery option at checkout and you'll receive this same collection again in 60 days' time.

• Can be applied once a day (reapply in extreme circumstances)
  • All-day protection against UVA and UVB rays
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • All SPF products are free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
  • Can be used for up to two years after opening

Contains (a choice of):

Family option

• 1 x Family SPF 30 tube (150ml) - especially suitable for sensitive and allergy-prone skin, this water-resistant formula is ideal for protecting you and your little ones in the sun. A fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky UVA and UVB sun protection gel with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Sports Spray SPF 30 (150ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, transparent gel with UVA and UVB (SPF 30) sun protection, presented in a handy spray bottle. Ideal for active people and quick and easy to apply, this water-resistant sun gel is perfect for all sorts of outdoor activities
  • 1 x Ultrasun After Sun (100ml tube) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky liposomal gel formulated to help moisturise and soothe your skin for up to 24 hours after exposure to the sun. With Aquarich, Glycerin and anti-free radical elements
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) - helps protect against sun (UVA and UVB), wind and cold, and provides intensive care and moisture for dry and chapped lips. Enriched with vitamin E and blackcurrant seed oil and with no artificial colours. Temperature-stable

Extreme option:
  • 1 x Extreme SPF 50+ (150ml tube) - this extreme sun protection for even sensitive skin and children offers very high levels of UVA and UVB protection, and sinks into the skin easily, leaving no residue. With GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology. Enriched with vitamin E
  • 1 x Sports Spray SPF 50 (150ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, transparent gel with UVA and UVB (SPF 50) sun protection, presented in a handy spray bottle. Ideal for active people and quick and easy to apply, this water-resistant sun gel is perfect for all sorts of outdoor activities
  • 1 x Ultrasun After Sun (100ml tube) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky liposomal gel formulated to help moisturise and soothe your skin for up to 24 hours after exposure to the sun. With Aquarich, Glycerin and anti-free radical elements
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) - helps protect against sun (UVA and UVB), wind and cold, and provides intensive care and moisture for dry and chapped lips. Enriched with vitamin E and blackcurrant seed oil and with no artificial colours. Temperature-stable

How to use:
Original and Sports Spray SPF:
  • Apply in the shade (ideally indoors) to clean, dry skin 15 - 30 minutes before sun exposure
  • Please refer to the sun account to make sure you use the right level SPF for your skin and do not exceed the amount of time you can spend in the sun.
Lip Protection:
  • Apply in the shade (ideally indoors) to clean, dry skin 15 - 30 minutes before sun exposure
  • Reapply as needed to give lips a boost of moisture
After Sun:
  • Wash away any sun protection residue after sun exposure
  • Apply as a body lotion

It never ceases to amaze me how many 'types' of a sun cream you can have ! ok there are the different numbers for protection, but all this extreme / spray / family / lip / after sun / sports / pre tan / glow etc etc is just overkill - and to the other extreme I'd say ... what about my dog then ? she haven't nailed the pet market yet.

I just buy one bottle of Nivea a year, and thats it.

*A great saving : If you were to buy the Family or Extreme sun protection items individually, directly from Ultrasun you’d pay £78 for the Family, and £82 for the Extreme. So for our Today Special Value price of just £29.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £44.07 on the Family, and £48.07 on the Extreme collection.

Family Collection

150ml SPF30 Family RRP £26 cost £11.31
100ml After Sun Tan Booster RRP £16 cost £6.96
150ml Sports Spray SPF30 RRP £28 cost £12.18
Ultralip SPF 30 RRP £8 cost £3.48

Total RRP £78 cost £33.93 incl p&p used in calculations.

Extreme Collection

150ml SPF50 Extreme Face RRP £30 cost £12.41
100ml After Sun RRP £16 cost £6.62
150ml Sports Spray SPF50 RRP £28 cost £11.59
Ultralip SPF 30 RRP £8 cost £3.31

Total RRP £82 cost £33.93 incl p&p used in calculations.

Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

Latest posts

Back