Ultrasun TSV 05/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine took forever to come but when I did I was very happy. It's pretty lightweight and includes mineral SPF. It has a mild 'blur' effect to it too so that takes the edge off any lines. I often react to SPF near my eyes but they don't feel sore or dry.
Am I right thinking that mineral spf washes off, so if swimming, this eye cream is not a 'once a day' application that Ultrasun is famous for?

Am I right thinking that mineral spf washes off, so if swimming, this eye cream is not a 'once a day' application that Ultrasun is famous for?

The box says it's water resistant. However it says one application should be enough but "consider another application after extensive sweating, swimming or towel drying". It should be fine for everyday use but on holiday I'd probably save it for dry days and use Ultralip around my eyes when I'm in/around water just because it's a third of the price.

What a good idea about using the lip spf around the eyes, I have loads from various tsvs but have resisted using it on my lips because of the chemicals.

I love Ultrasun, been using the glimmer one for years, and Mr L likes the Sport gel one, but we do reapply after swimming. I found that I go red if I don't do so, and won't risk getting burned.

I think once a day is pushing to be on the safe side. Especially where children are involved.

My issue with Ultrasun on Q is Abby's claim that is is good for practically everything skin related including preventing prickly heat which it definately does not. I purchased it some years ago when she convinced me but I was not at all impressed.My face and arms ended up redder than ever and I wouldn't use it again .I do have ultra sensitive skin.

I hope it’s around £35, That’s what they charged for the TSV last year I think.
I use their Face spf 50 (from the last year TSV) around the eyes with no irritation so don’t really need a separate eye spf 30 but I’m sure there’s a selling point why we need it (I’ve missed ultrasun last week and there’s no video for the eye spf on the website). Has anyone who bought it tried it so far?

I ordered it because I actually needed an eye cream, it took ages to arrive, and now I've used it a couple of times I'm not convinced about it - I may not be applying it correctly but it seems to flake & roll off rather than sink in!

I'm away in May so I need to check what I have at home before I know if I need to get this or not, but I know I have the eye cream & a couple of bottles of the face cream. My money might be safe.

I ordered it because I actually needed an eye cream, it took ages to arrive, and now I've used it a couple of times I'm not convinced about it - I may not be applying it correctly but it seems to flake & roll off rather than sink in!
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the application, if it rolls off it rolls off.
I'm looking forward to trying spf 20 glimmer option this time. Read the reviews and people say it has glitter in it so I went to m&s specially to test it and I really like the shimmer.

Just had a month in India and Face 50 has been wonderful. I'm prone to hyperpigmentation and also use Retin-A so it's important to have a good sun cream. (I usually buy it somewhere else, though, as I don't need all the pointless after sun and lip balm that seems to come in Q's kits).

Just had a month in India and Face 50 has been wonderful. I'm prone to hyperpigmentation and also use Retin-A so it's important to have a good sun cream. (I usually buy it somewhere else, though, as I don't need all the pointless after sun and lip balm that seems to come in Q's kits).
I love Aftersun it's a skin saver literally , really cools the skin down. The lip balm is pointless to me don't want the chemicals on my lips.

I'm looking forward to trying spf 20 glimmer option this time. Read the reviews and people say it has glitter in it so I went to m&s specially to test it and I really like the shimmer.
I use the glimmer on holiday. It is very sparkly; it will come off on your clothes, and is also quite resistant to showering, but I think it looks nice on the skin in the evening!
For 'ornery' sun care, I use the sport gel.

Latest posts

Back