Ulrasun Face and Alcohol

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I have just had a look at the ingredients list on my Ultrasun Face SPF 30. I discovered that the second ingredient is alcohol and therefore it is in a high concentration. This could be very drying so I will not be using it on my face this summer. I compared it to a sunscreen I bought on holiday from suncare central. This stuff has no alcohol at all and all natural ingredients it also worked a treat on my sensitive skin. I don't know if you can buy this in the UK but I am off to search to see if I can. Why is Ultrasun so expensive if it's packed full of alcohol?

I have checked online and there is a website for Suncare Central. The product I bought is called Natural Tone organic suncare. I have the SPF 8 and I used it on my face throughout 2 weeks of hot sun without burning. There is a completely natural sunscreen broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. It smells very nice, feels very nice and left me with a lovely colour which is unusual for me as I am very pale with really sensitive skin. I will be buying this again without a doubt.

Not all alcohols are bad in skincare. If you google there`s lots of info out there. It`s the TYPE of alcohol which is important. Here`s just a short paragraph about the good ones
The Good Types of Alcohol

There's a class of ingredients known as fatty alcohols, which are not the least bit harmful for skin. Often confused with the bad alcohols, such as denatured alcohol, the fatty alcohols include, among others, cetyl alcohol and stearyl alcohol. Typically, fatty alcohols are used as emollients and thickeners in skin-care products. Fatty alcohols are not irritating and, in fact, can be beneficial for dry skin. As far as your skin is concerned, fatty alcohols are about as related to skin-damaging alcohol/ethanol as a martini is to a cup of olive oil.

I have been using Face 30 for a week as I had a tube I wanted to use up fron last year. My face has come out in a few spots and I never really get them.

Thanks Vienna for the info on alcohol in skincare. I understand that all alcohols are not the same and some will be better than others. However, the Ultrasun ingredients list does not tell us what type of alcohol is used so I can't risk it.

Thanks Vienna for the info on alcohol in skincare. I understand that all alcohols are not the same and some will be better than others. However, the Ultrasun ingredients list does not tell us what type of alcohol is used so I can't risk it.

I fully understand Cats. I have very sensitive skin too and have to be careful what I use but over the years I`ve sussed what ingredients upset my skin, bad alcohol is one of them, talc is another and perfumes in skincare is a big no no for me.

spf 8 is very low for a face product. it may be a physical sunscreen like zinc. i dont love ultrasun face as much as i love the alpha h face. no spots and nice to use. ultrasun is a bit overated imo.

Latest posts

Back