TSV Rip Offs!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Choppysocks

Real Horrorshow
I thought we were supposed to get great savings on items?

I've noticed that this item is back in stock. I bought it as a TSV (it is lovely and well made by the way) for £24.48 in June. So a massive saving of £2.34 :mad:

Butler & Wilson Choice of Flower Design 45cm Necklace & Earring Set
Introductory Price £26.82
QVC Price £29.50
Item Number 335118
UK P&P £3.45
Bright, beautiful colours and cute floral patterns make this necklace and earring set from Butler & Wilson unmissable. It comes in three fun colour options - Multi, Pastel or Citrus. The silver-tone necklace has five floral stations at the centre in a Y-drop design, with the rest of the chain decorated with alternating coloured crystals. It measures about 45cm (17.7") in length. The matching earrings secure with a post and butterfly fastening and have a floral design made up of six stones which complements the necklace wonderfully.

I agree Choppy, bought the Sanyo Xacti when it was a TSV and when it came back into stock it was - and is - £164.76, available on 3 easy pays of £54.92. About £4 higher price from TSV. Have to admit, if it gets good reviews I sometimes buy it when it comes back as an intro price, if only a few pounds more. Not right, really.:rolleyes:

I appretiate that, but just over £2 is hardly any saving. It makes me wonder why we bother about TSV's selling out when we can buy them at a more convienient time (near pay day) at just a slightly higher price.

Hoi Choppy! I'm with you on this one, my feeling is that QVC rely on the excitement generated by the 'idea' of a TSV and the expectation of extra savings that it raises in the customer's mind (which is often not substantiated by the actual prices). I had noticed too that quite often the difference in saving between a TSV price and an introductory one is laughable. I think the notion of a TSV is just a clever marketing ploy. Besides some beauty TSVs where the value can be very good, I try not to get too carried away with the TSV frenzy, as more often than not there's actually not that much to get all excited about!

I thought we were supposed to get great savings on items?

I've noticed that this item is back in stock. I bought it as a TSV (it is lovely and well made by the way) for £24.48 in June. So a massive saving of £2.34 :mad:

Butler & Wilson Choice of Flower Design 45cm Necklace & Earring Set
Introductory Price £26.82
QVC Price £29.50
Item Number 335118
UK P&P £3.45
Bright, beautiful colours and cute floral patterns make this necklace and earring set from Butler & Wilson unmissable. It comes in three fun colour options - Multi, Pastel or Citrus. The silver-tone necklace has five floral stations at the centre in a Y-drop design, with the rest of the chain decorated with alternating coloured crystals. It measures about 45cm (17.7") in length. The matching earrings secure with a post and butterfly fastening and have a floral design made up of six stones which complements the necklace wonderfully.

It is only the citrus option though, so just the stock that didnt sell out on the tsv day. I think like me it was the multi you went for, and that hasn't been back in stock as far as I've seen so far. So don't be too cross....;)

It is only the citrus option though, so just the stock that didnt sell out on the tsv day. I think like me it was the multi you went for, and that hasn't been back in stock as far as I've seen so far. So don't be too cross....;)

Yes I got the multi one, its lovely. Now I dont feel so bad if it hasnt come back into stock! ;)

Last edited:
Yes I got the multi one, its lovely. Now I dont feel so bad if it hasnt come back into stock! ;)

I'm very pleased with it too, the bracelet to match have stupid fastenings but look good once you get them on as well. Haven't worn them together though.

Latest posts

Back