TSV: Flaaaaaars

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what a load of carp. the leaves are flimsy, obviously plastic and are translucent in front of the window in their "ad" - we all know that rose leaves are thick and tough.

I've seen nicer in Hobbycraft and Dunelm Mill much cheaper, and you can get the bowl for a couple of quid in Dunelm or Wilkos.

Sorry don't want to offend anyone who orders it, it's just my personal view and preference.

Linda xx

PS why is Jilly calling the auto-delivery items as "drops" ? I guess it's some sort of company internal jargon which should remain in the buyers' offices. Sorry to be so grumpy.

Last edited:
I like some of the Flaars, but I wouldn't buy them as they would just be something else to dust...

so Alan Tittymarsh loves her plassy flaars :thinking: i find it very hard to believe that an horticulturist would entertain fake flaars of any kind! Charlie Dimmock, on the other hand, probably has endless uses for plastic buds methinks!

The ones I've had (and from another company Bloom) are of a very high quality. Yes, if you touch them or inspect them very
closely you'll realise they are not real, but they are very good. It is important to tweak them a bit to make them more natural
and less manufactured but they are really very good. I like them particularly because we have cats (for whom many plants - lilies and the like) are very poisonous and we have me, who is highly allergic to a lot of flower pollen - particularly lilies which make me wheeze very badly if I am in the same room as them.

The ones I've had (and from another company Bloom) are of a very high quality. Yes, if you touch them or inspect them very
closely you'll realise they are not real, but they are very good. It is important to tweak them a bit to make them more natural
and less manufactured but they are really very good. I like them particularly because we have cats (for whom many plants - lilies and the like) are very poisonous and we have me, who is highly allergic to a lot of flower pollen - particularly lilies which make me wheeze very badly if I am in the same room as them.

I agree with you about Bloom, they are the best quality, and most realistic flaaaaars I have ever seen.:mysmilie_499:

bloom are much nicer!been buying them for years and they can take close inspection.

they use a much nicer slightly translucent silk for the flower petals. the peony roses the three set one had a ribbed looking fabric which looked very odd.
also some of the pteals are frayed a dead giveaway. none of this with bloom!

Latest posts

Back