Tria 4x Laser Hair Removal System TSV 26/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep I use it! Just about to do my 4th session this evening (have done one session every fortnight as recommended)

I used to do laser hair removal when I worked in dermatology (as a Nurse) and this machine is a total doddle. The glide aspect is like the action I used to do with professional IPL and the Apogee/Yag spot lasers, so it's definitely more easy if you're doing large areas like your legs, rather than continually having to press the button every time as per some home laser hair removers. Time wise the demo's are a little misleading because she uses it on the lowest settings, and with that you get a pulse of light every second, whereas if you've got the suitable skin and hair colour and can have it on the highest setting you get a pulse every 3.5 seconds so it does take a lot longer.

In terms of results I'm doing well, but I've got porcelain skin and black hair so I'm the perfect candidate (it feels so lovely to be smug about having pasty skin as tanned people take great pleasure in pointing out how pale you are - well hah, they won't get good results with laser hair removal, so who's the winner now then! :smirk: I digress....)
The surface area of the laser is pretty good for a home IPL device, I can do my legs in 30 minutes (but I am 5'10" and use it on the highest setting which takes longer, so I'm sure it'd be quicker for others), bikini line 15 minutes or so, and underarms 2 minutes.
A little tip from an ex-pro - use a white eyeliner to draw boxes on your legs or large areas so you don't end up going over the same areas twice or lose track of where you are. Then after you've lasered an area give it a wipe over with a babywipe followed by moisturising with a lotion or aloe vera gel.

It's not the snazziest of the home IPL's on the market, but it essentially does the same as all the others and it's very economical as you don't have to buy replacement bulbs (rather pricey). It gives you 50,000 pulses "for life", but bear in mind they don't say that it really depends on what setting you use - if you use the highest setting you won't get as many as that as the higher the pules the more energy it uses. Still, it should be sufficient to do your whole body for all the sessions required and then any top ups you might need over the future. I figured that although this machine will one day "run out" it will have worked out cheaper than having to replace cartridges all the time.

Bea Frugal - in terms of it saying you don't need to shave your face, I do think they're bending the "rules" slightly to try and sell more units. Any laser hair removal relies on the hair being as short as absolutely possible, and shaving is always the best way to achieve this. I used to advise my patients with polycystic ovaries who had a lot of facial hair and who refused to shave their face to trim the hair/s as close to the skin as they could with a pair of scissors, which is pretty sufficient.

How are you getting along with it now? I'm really considering buying it as it has good reviews and the Tria doesn't have any!!

I got this one from QVC

http://www.qvcuk.com/Silk'n-SensEpil-5000-Pulse-Hair-Removal-System.product.400108.html?upsh=1

And the results are brilliant!!

Very prickly hairy legs are smooth.

You need to shave before you use it (needs some hair in the follicle for it to work) but struggling to find any hair left to shave.....

:mysmilie_8:

Me to! its fantastic machine and not too big either so easy to put in a draw, great purchase and recommended to friends who all love it too!

How are you getting along with it now? I'm really considering buying it as it has good reviews and the Tria doesn't have any!!

I've been getting along fine! It's a long process. I'm 6 months in now and I can go 4 days without shaving my legs (I used to shave them every day due to coarse, black hair). Underarms and bikini are taking a bit longer to reduce, though that's to be expected as there are different growth cycles on different areas of the body.

Given the choice between the two I'd go for the one I bought as the laser spot size is larger, therefore speeding up the process.

Yep that's what I thought - re spot size - tria actually went into my basket and even went through but I cancelled the order! I think I may give the bigger one ago, saw some reviews and someone said it got really hot so they had to have a break while doing their legs, does that happen to you?

Nope not me personally, never had any issues with it feeling too hot. It's warm, but the laser delivers heat which destroys the hair, so there will always be a bit of warmth. I think it's all down to pain threshold really :)

Latest posts

Back