Travelon - Atlantic Luggage Set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Was just wondering if, in the past, anyone had bought the Atlantic 4 piece luggage set that was featured yesterday evening, and how robust it is?

Depends on how heavily you use it, topaz.

I have five Atlantic bags, of varying sizes, which I use as work bags with one, sometimes two, laptops to carry around, as well as all the clutter that comes with my job.

The first rollalong bag lasted a year, and I was using it once or twice a week.

The wheels gave out - they just crumbled and disintegrated - so I think that while they're fine if you only roll the bag from the car into the airport, they're not so robust if you need to wheel the bag along pavements to the railway station, for example.

[Incidentally, CS weren't interested when I rang to tell them that the bag had become useless - the CS woman said that hers was fine.
So that's all right then.]
:11:

That said, the bags themselves are of very strong canvas and last for ages, although the stitching in the linings could be better.

For what they are - cheap'n'cheerful - they're great, and if you don't mind replacing them every few years, they do the job. If you're looking for luggage that'll last a lifetime, then buy elsewhere!

I had a set of Atlantic cases, the fabric is strong, but the zippers and wheels let them down, and they are also very heavy - before you start packing them.
I have gone back to wheeled duffel bags now - Antler, purchased at very reasonable price from TKMaxx.

I have five Atlantic bags, of varying sizes, which I use as work bags with one, sometimes two, laptops to carry around, as well as all the clutter that comes with my job.

The wheels gave out - they just crumbled and disintegrated - so I think that while they're fine if you only roll the bag from the car into the airport, they're not so robust if you need to wheel the bag along pavements to the railway station, for example.

[Incidentally, CS weren't interested when I rang to tell them that the bag had become useless - the CS woman said that hers was fine.

That said, the bags themselves are of very strong canvas and last for ages, although the stitching in the linings could be better.

For what they are - cheap'n'cheerful - they're great, and if you don't mind replacing them every few years, they do the job. If you're looking for luggage that'll last a lifetime, then buy elsewhere!

Thanks for that detailed review. I'm really just looking for something for holidays. I won't buy expensive luggage because it gets ruined by the baggage handlers. My last suitcase was about £25 from Woolworths and has lasted a few years but now needs replacing.

I had a set of Atlantic cases, the fabric is strong, but the zippers and wheels let them down, and they are also very heavy - before you start packing them.
I have gone back to wheeled duffel bags now - Antler, purchased at very reasonable price from TKMaxx.

If they're heavy to start with I don't think I'll be ordering. Luggage allowance is bad enough without the empty suitcase taking up a big whack of it. Thanks for your advice.

I seem to remember that those bags had a guarantee of some sort... I didnt buy any so cant be 100%, I'm sure it was to do with the handles and the wheels... does anybody else remember this!

Thanks, Tricia!

When my bag went to rollalong heaven, I scouted the net just to see if I could find anything.
If I remember rightly, Atlantic is an offshoot of Travelpro, and so I looked for a guarantee or, failing that, replacement wheels, rather than just chuck out a bag which was otherwise perfectly OK.

Replacement wheels are available, but they cost more than buying a whole new bag. [Huff. :rolleyes: ]

My new Atlantic bag came from TK Maxx at [whisper] half the cost of buying from QVC.

Hi Topaz I bought the set 2 years ago and just use it for holidays, I love it as there are so many sizes for different occasions. Haven't had any problems with it at all, it looks very smart and you can get loads in it.

Latest posts

Back