Travel Case by Lori Greiner TSV 06/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The last TSV case like this from Lori Grenouille was the wrong dimensions for some UK airlines' maximum hand luggage so I hope she's done her homework this time.

I've got it from the previous TSV in the same colour, the wheels have gone funny very soon and I'm about to bin it. The pockets are very good though and there are no "loops" for the on the zip for the padlock.
My friend's in the Zebra is fine in regards to the wheels.

It looks totally the wrong shape for hand luggage.
Easyjet (for example) have cabin luggage limits of 50x40x20.
No way is the Greiner case that shape!

I had two of these and both sets of wheels fell off,it did not fit in the overhead compartment either,in my opinion not very well made ,maybe she has changed the measurements.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

I noticed the measurement issue before. You would think that would be something important to consider when designing it. Cabin luggage wise, I have those very light cases, can't remember the name but you'll know which I mean, and they have been brilliant.

I got one last time. Like all the pockets, but absolutely no good for air travel. Fine for trains. I was also annoyed that you can't lock it and that when you extend the handle it feels a bit rickety.

According to qvc.com the sizes are 43x38x26cm. I think it'd be a challenge to get that on a plane as cabin luggage. It's a nice size for taking on a train as it should fit under the seats

Wasn't there something similar to be used as a travel cosmetic case on Q (sorry don't remember brand)? I always wondered if they are living in the real world of airline travel with wee bottles in see through plastic bags. Ocean liner travel luggage went out in the 70's.

I bought one very similar to this a long time ago. I think this TSV may actually be it's third incarnation. I have never attempted to use it as airline hand luggage, but have used it several times as checked luggage on short-haul trips. It was easy to see on the carousel and, being smaller than the average case, generally comes through much quicker than many other cases. It is also and safe and held a heck of a lot of stuff. I have used it countless times on other methods of travel and it's been great. I travel on trips in the UK by train a couple of times a year - and I've found it fits easily onto the luggage areas of lots of types of carriages. Small enough to put it on top of other cases, or squeeze it in to those ridiculously restricted baggage areas, it's easy (ish) to manoeuvre on and off the train and at the station and is easier to manage on the escalators and staircase too. And in those not very big hotel rooms, it also takes up very little space. I've travelled with my mum, who also has one, and our little LG cases stack very handily on top of one another! You can probably tell that I love mine and if I needed to, I would certainly buy one again. However I've had it years and it still works perfectly!

Weekender Bag with Snap In Toiletry Case by Lori Greiner
Item Number: 703065
QVC Price £58.00
Today's Special Value Price £44.96
P&P £5.95

Lori Greiner deluxe weekender bag with telescopic handle. This spacious, slim line weekender bag features a built-in cosmetics organiser and a snap-in toiletry case, with a handy pocket for your electronic devices and 360 degree multidirectional wheels and a telescopic handle to make getting around a breeze. Keep all your getaway essentials organised with this stylish weekend bag from Lori Greiner.

Chic versatility - whether you want your weekender bag to make a statement or prefer a more subtle style, the colour and print options mean there's something for everyone, plus the man in your life will love the smart Black option.

Mobile device pocket and tablet insert
Shell/lining: 100% polyester; pocket: 100% PVC
Wipe clean with damp cloth
Bag (h x w x d): 38cm x 43.7cm x 26.6cm (15" x 17.2" x 10.5")
Cosmetics bag width: open: 15.9cm (6.2"); closed: 31.8cm (12.5"); length: 25.7cm (10.2")

Colour options

Black
Lavender
Snake Print
Leopard Print

Behind the brand
Entrepreneur and inventor Lori Greiner has created hundreds of cutting-edge, innovative products and storage solutions to answer everyday problems. Stylish and practical, the Lori Greiner range represents functional luxury for a contemporary customer.

All measurements are approximate

I bought this previously, and no way is it carry on luggage. Like hundreds of others (no doubt) kept it rather than the faff of returning such a huge item.

Just called Q as no dimensions were given (pointedly) and was told to check the airlines - I said cant do that until I'm given measurements.
At the break Jilly sad "many of us were requesting dimensions, but to check individual airlines" huh ! - they know it wont fit as the regulations over here.

Don't buy if you want it as cabin luggage.

I like the idea of it but whether it fits as cabin luggage or not, all the toiletry sections would be completely redundant. Given the liquid restrictions have been in place for years now perhaps she needs to rethink the design

tbh your better off just buying one in the shop/amazon etc. if you want it for air travel. the compartments are great but if you want it to fit in a plane as a carry on you may be disappointed. air travel is stressful enough

What's with the leg on the table, she could do a Marie-Francoise and just stand to the side.

Weird and most inelegant. Would have been ok if she had been selling climbing gear!

A thought - this may be a sell-off of stock as they said there were no advanced orders. Perhaps a new design may be in the offing with dimensions more suited to cabin luggage.

You may be right about the sell off of old stock Lizgregs as there are quite a few really poor reviews of this case on QVC US, it seems that a lot of people have had problems with the zips sticking or breaking, wheels giving way and the pull up handle being week. I think it could do with a few tweaks such as lockable zips and less pockets to give more space for clothes. Perhaps she needs to listen to the feedback and act on it.

i find lori quite rude, she's more or less ignoring everything that catherine says! does she think because she's now a "shark" on the USA show that she is beneath QVC?

i was tempted with those happy sponges or whatever they were called though lol.

Latest posts

Back