Trainers Obsessive

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know we are in the middle of this "trainers with everything fad", but just watching the Iliad on the Skechers show - and Gawd almighty WHAT does she look like ? pairing black trainers with a lovely evening skirt (and looks like she has black opaques on as well). What have we come to while we pitch up to an event dressed to the nines with ****** trainers on your feet. I'm all for comfort and I have a few pair of Skechers, but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than wear them with a glitzy evening outfit - it just wouldn't happen; and yes, I HAVE seen fancy white trainers that are made for brides, but black running Skecher trainers with evening wear ? I don't think so.

Have we crossed the line now in looking lovely ?

Back in the day trainers were a no no unless you were doing some kind of sport or aerobics, and I wouldn't have dreamt of wearing trainers with a dress or a skirt...but I think trainers have changed now..you can get your sporty ones still but now there's a lot of "fashion trainers" leather or leather look and people wear them with everything...I'm guilty myself ...however, I'd not put them with a dressy evening outfit..I wear mine (with shoe liners so you don't see socks) with leggings, midi skirts, stretchy pencil skirts..but I do check first before I go out, and if I don't feel they look right, I'll choose something else to put on my feet! I mentioned in another thread a couple of weeks back that I saw a stylish lady but she'd teamed her lovely outfit with dirty running trainers and ankle socks..it was not a good look. Think wedding trainers are a step too far!

I’ve never been a fan, when I look down at my feet all I can see is big boxes. I don’t have big feet (4.5/5) but they seem to look enormous in trainers. I do have fine ones and they are more like pumps. I also don’t have patience with laces which doesn’t help.

Me and sketchers just don’t get on.

I've worn different style Skechers over the years, and honestly ? comfy they may be but they've ****** ruined my feet for wearing 'proper' shoes. Skechers have made my feet 'spread' , so normal shoes feel tight.

However, I know what you mean LATI, about looking down and seeing boxes where your feet should be. Those trainers that cover the whole of your foot right up to the ankle are the least flattering of all. Those with short fronts look much better - if you HAVE to wear them with summer frocks.

All except in the heart of winter I wear Birkenstock’s flip flops around the house and since semi retirement I have noticed mine have spread to the point that any type of normal shoes are hard to wear for any length of time.

My feet and legs were killing me today after a day at work in high heels and pointy toes.

I have some Hotter Shoes that I think of as more trainer style but they are leather and suede, and black soles. I have them for comfort not looks.

I have a pair of Ted Baker trainers, only where them for travelling so god knows when they will be coming out of the box again 😮.

All except in the heart of winter I wear Birkenstock’s flip flops around the house and since semi retirement I have noticed mine have spread to the point that any type of normal shoes are hard to wear for any length of time.

My feet and legs were killing me today after a day at work in high heels and pointy toes.

I feel your pain :(

Like Grovesy I have Hotter shoes, but they're shoes with a heel, but like Lynnonthelake - gawd knows when they'll be brought out for an 'occasion/event' again. Not the thing for walking the dog or going to the Co-op every day.

I do wonder sometimes if this is 'life' now; but I can't afford to expire yet, as I have so many unworn frocks in the wardrobe, and I'm buggered if they're going to the charity shop with the labels on once I'm gone :D

This is the first year for a long time when I haven’t bought new sandals/shoes. Mind you about half purchased turn out to be duds in one way or another so in reality I’m only down 50%.

Latest posts

Back