Tova on today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I am working tonight so get to watch the show today. I am not a huge fan of Tova and her American style, but I do admire that she is working so hard at her age. I also hear that her perfume is really lovely, and lasts all day. I have decided to try some for the first time.

As a joke I bought my husband some Handsome for christmas, because everyone says it is a gorgeous smell but my husband said once that he couldn't wear something called Handsome in case he was ever asked what it was he was wearing! !! As everyone traditionally receives a QVC gift for christmas I went for it for him. I bought it now because my research on you tube revealed that Handsome is bring discontinued and is selling for $100 on ebay in the states. Tova is clearly a bit of an investment. As they are in stock on QVC uk now for exactly the same product, I figured I would buy it and if he likes it, great, if not, keep it for a while then ebay it.

I noticed Tova Nights is back.

Does Handsome really smell that nice?

I do enjoy the Tova shows - I always feel as though I should crack open a bottle of champers when she's on, which is not advisable during the morning shows so I got the china out instead.

I have to admit her Tova Signature didn't last at all on me, vanished in minutes. It also did the same when I sprayed copious amounts onto fabric to test it as well. Quite a lot of folk comment the same.

Not sure yet as it's going in my present drawer when it arrives ( but I will give it a sniff first!). The you tube vid is this bloke in a baseball cap reviewing it. He likes it a lot, says its like Egoiste, and lasts on the skin 8 hours later. He was inpressed but said " It used to be 40 dollars on qvc but now its being discontinued is 100 dollars on ebay".

I got Tova Nights, been watching it on air since the late 90's so assuming its the original and not changed like Tova Signature (from what I have read this is so). Some of the reviews of signature platinum say it's the same as the original, some don't. One says "old lady soap" and one says Imperial Leather soap. Is this true? My taste is more floral. I have never found "the one" in a fragrance, am still looking but I like Tova prices and the very positive reviews I have read independent of QVC.

I would be interested in people's views in mind body and spirit and love everlasting too.

I tried a miniset of her fragrances and spritzed them on the inside of my wrists and arms. Smelled like fly spray. Yeeuch! Washed them off and later, saw red bumps at the site of one, some sort of adverse reaction. I am sensitive to aromas, so only wear Estee and White Linen,spritzes of one on top of the other. Or, dab LemongrassEssentialOil for a real pick-me-up. x Snarly

i like love everlasting but body mind and spirit.......i tried to scrub it off it was so bad - just gimme the fly spray. even though it was a huge bottle in a gift set that weighed a ton, i still sent it back.

She's doing the 'Fabulous at 40 and Beyond' hour at 7.00 pm today. Talk about STRETCHING it. :cheeky:

LOL! Should be "wayyyyy beyond! But bless! I'm around the 40 mark and am trying a Tova fragrance for the first time... Worried. Not the fly spray one so thanks for your tips.

A few years ago she brought out the trio in a crystal (?) bottle gift set. Disaster ! it was more Essence D'poundstretcher than designer, absolutely awful - even the flies fainted !!!!!!

I bought that crystal bottle gift set but returned it. tried Tova nights previously and liked it but the Tova nights in that set was completly different,nothing like the one I'd tried at all.It was the most awful musty smell,so terrible that I phoned qvc to complain about it,was just told to return it if not happy.Have never ordered Tova perfune since.

I can't get my head around buying perfume from QVC. Or from anywhere without sniffing it first. I know you have your money back guarantee but that could be £8 in postage to find out it's gives you hives or a headache or smells of the finest flyspray. I'm sure some of the perfumes sold are lovely. I just can't see me finding out.

It might help if I understood what combination of notes in a perfume made it appealing to me but that's a bit complicated for my pea brain. I love Rose perfumes but don't like any of the L'Occitane ones. Go figure!

I bought that crystal bottle gift set but returned it. tried Tova nights previously and liked it but the Tova nights in that set was completly different,nothing like the one I'd tried at all.It was the most awful musty smell,so terrible that I phoned qvc to complain about it,was just told to return it if not happy.Have never ordered Tova perfune since.

Donna will know more about this than I do but apparently it's not unusual for perfumes to be "remodelled" so that the perfume you bought previously and loved may be very different to the current version.

I hate it when the models sit there continually spraying themselves and then look as though they are having an orgasm. Same with the cookery shows, eating food as though they are having a sexual experience - how is this suppose to help us make a choice- we can neither smell or taste the ****** stuff, and just because they like it doesn't mean we will !

I hate it when the models sit there continually spraying themselves and then look as though they are having an orgasm. Same with the cookery shows, eating food as though they are having a sexual experience - how is this suppose to help us make a choice- we can neither smell or taste the ****** stuff, and just because they like it doesn't mean we will !
Surely they must be spraying bottles filled with water. Much as I love perfume and wear it every day I couldnt sit and douse myself in it for an hour without being sick. If its real they must come off set and jump in the shower!Tried a try me set of Tova signature years ago and found it very old fasioned.

I hate it when the models sit there continually spraying themselves and then look as though they are having an orgasm.
Franky was driving me crazy last night, yuck yuck! I had to look away as she was making me sick with her deep breathing and rolling eyes.
Today the model is "acting" so much better but for a moment I have mistaken her for Tova when close up since her skin is freckly very dehydrated I thought it was age spots.

Surely they must be spraying bottles filled with water. Much as I love perfume and wear it every day I couldnt sit and douse myself in it for an hour without being sick. If its real they must come off set and jump in the shower!Tried a try me set of Tova signature years ago and found it very old fasioned.
I though that the models try to hold their breath while making us believe that they actually inhale.
It looks that when the smell "hits" their nose the chest is still trying not to inhale.

Last edited:
i like love everlasting but body mind and spirit.......i tried to scrub it off it was so bad - just gimme the fly spray. even though it was a huge bottle in a gift set that weighed a ton, i still sent it back.
Sadly I ordered the body mind and spirit last night on strength of Tova's discription as it is supposed to be uplifting, there are also 5 star reviews on Q, strange.
Does the love everlasting have staying power and is it really nice? I do want a special fragrance, also ordered Tova Summer on advanced order. Has anyone tried these or Tova Nights? Also the reviews on Q say that the Tova Platinum is exactly the same as the original Tova Signature, has anyone here tried it and can compare?
I tried the Tova Platinum when it was a TSV with Ambre D'Ore and sent it back. Thanks.
--
Tova has just announced that they are working on the third generation of Tova Signature, let's hope she doesn't disappoint. The reviews on qvc.com are mostly one star as it has no staying power and the smell is not quiet the same. It was announced on qvc.com a relaunch of the Tova Signature and many people bought more than one bottle as Tova was reassuring people that this is exactly the same as the original one was, and sent it back the next day. I wonder if this relaunch WAS the third generation of Tova Signature? This would meat any stock coming our way will be the same quality.

Last edited:
Marina I asked the same questions as you but nobody has answered yet.

My Tova nights arrived. Had a little squirt. Nice. Will let you know more in a few hours.

Latest posts

Back