Totally misleading information

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I don't know the name of the woman with the strident voice, but today she was the so-called expert on a battery charger and 2 radios.

There were too many misleading statements to even remember them all.

The most glaring about the charger was that it will recharge ANY ORDINARY BATTERIES. In fact, it will only recharge alkaline ones.

For the radio, she said several times that it is MADE IN BRITAIN but when I replayed the video I'd made, I spotted the "made in China" label on the back.

However, it is the best price I can find anywhere , even with the extortionate £6 pp (-5P).

I am tempted. It's been in and out of my basket a few times so far.

QUOTE ---- "It's British manufactured, so British made right the way through".

So why does it say "Made in China" on the back?????

This really needs reporting to Trading Standards, it was one of the main reasons I was tempted to buy one, supporting British industry as there's not much left.

Her first name is Abbi by the way, don't know her surname.

Abbi Horne , Ex Ideal World presenter , No idea how she ended up as a techie guest on Qvc as shes totally useless.

I've reported it to CS, including her exact quote about being British made.

I also mentioned the other points above.

Will wait and see if anyone gets back to me.

I'll bet you ten bob you get the 'we are constantly looking to improve' blah blah 'pass comments on' email. But well done for giving it them.

Has anyone actually reported them to Trading Standards and what was the outcome? I'd have thought misrepreting comments were TS's domain, but obviously QVC are still getting away with it.

Yes, go on and report them. Might actually give them the kick they need.

I remember long ago Alison Young always said they could not say incorrect things about products on air. Ofcom would have them for it.

Well done Stratto! We all moan on here about them but we need to tackle QVC about more issues; I'm confessing now to being full of good intentions to complain but by the next day I've been struck with apathy knowing I'll just get a stock reply with some nonsense along the lines of "thank you for identifyng a training need". I agree Alison tells some absolute whoppers, but I'm too quick to dismiss it as just being "Alison", the same way I ignore when my auntie with dementia makes some racist comment. However Alison should be pulled up on her verbal rubbish!

Well done:mysmilie_59: , hope you get a response...she was also a jewellery expert on Gems TV for a very short period of time.

Trouble is, a complaint to any vendor is likely to have the same response: apologies, compensation (if you're lucky) and then they could easily slip back into pre-complaint mode and continue to get away with it. A complaint raised with an interested body such as ASA won't be treated in this way and the adverse publicity that follows a "guilty" verdict will not be welcome and change should follow.

I am still tempted to buy one, mainly because it doubles as a Bluetooth speaker.

If I then find it doesn't sound very good, I am sure I could send it back for a full refund, including getting them to collect it and refunding my initial pp, on the basis of the misleading info.

BTW Abbi said you could listen to stations from abroad if you wanted to because it had DAB+ (she obviously had no idea what she was talking about). Just now, an expert from Roberts selling another DAB+ radio correctly said that you would be able to USE it while abroad.

Interesting reading, especially the first.

They are not allowed to sell anything on the basis of engendering FEAR, eg you may get burgled so buy this alarm system (but I'm sure they do this).

I wonder how they got away selling the ZILO for so long?

I had to get Trading Standards involved in order to get a refund from IW for a faulty product.

Interesting reading, especially the first.

They are not allowed to sell anything on the basis of engendering FEAR, eg you may get burgled so buy this alarm system (but I'm sure they do this).

What about those tales of people with scanners trying to get details from your contactless credit/debit cards that they tell when trying to sell those card protectors? Surely that's using fear to sell their products.

What about IW selling these ridiculously priced eco radiators all through the winter with presenters coming on with newspaper cuttings saying we were going to have the worst winter in history blizzards into may etc thats selling on fear they are all at it.

Latest posts

Back