Toshiba camcorder

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered two of these before Christmas as a TSV, one for us and one for my Mum. I almost didn't go for it as I'd had a bad experience with QVC and camcorders the previous year when the Aiptek one I bought ceased to charge within a matter of weeks and the replacement they sent failed to even switch on within a matter of days. But ever the optimist I tried again with this one, thinking a big brand name like Toshiba might be of a higher quality...however the first one only allowed itself to be switched on a couple of times before dying a death and the second one (which I opened and road-tested for my Mum before passing it on) refused to turn on even once. To be fair QVC apologised profusely and had a courier here within 24 hours to remove the offending items, but it's the last time I buy technology from them. I suspect they pile it high and sell it cheap - a TSV must be a huge contract for even a large company like Toshiba, but if they've got to put 15-20,000 cameras together I can't believe the quality control doesn't suffer somewhere along the line. As it was our Christmas was recorded on my toddler's Fisher Price digital camera which has been altogether more reliable.

Interestingly my 1 star review - which was polite and factual but inevitably described a very disappointing purchase - was never posted...

Latest posts

Back