4 – ateez - new
3 – becky hill - new
2 – billie eilish
1 – taylor swift
Last try, why do you post these lists?
@SUPERCOOLWILLOW

Are they shopping TV related?

Is it a habit you can't break?

Is it related to your QVC role or insider knowledge?

Just curious. Thanks.

top 10 albums 14/06/24

10 – fleetwood mac
9 – taylor swift
8 – aurora - new
7 – taylor swift
6 – the weeknd
5 – eminem
4 – billie eilish
3 – bon jovi - new
2 – cjarlie xcx - new
1 – taylor swift

There is no QVC role so therefore no inside knowledge.
And why do they post these top ten chart and album lists? What does it have to do with shopping TV. Is it a tradition.
And is anyone using these.lists?
Still, it's good to keep up with the names in the charts.

And why do they post these top ten chart and album lists? What does it have to do with shopping TV. Is it a tradition.
And is anyone using these.lists?
Still, it's good to keep up with the names in the charts.
I don't know why and don't know if anyone uses them.

top 10 albums 21/06/24

10 – paul mccartney & wings - new
9 – chappell roan
8 – taylor swift
7 – taylor swift
6 – eminem
5 – sea girls - new
4 – the weeknd
3 – charlie xcx - new
2 – billie eilish
1 – taylor swift

top 10 albums 28/06/24

10 – fleetwood mac
9 – taylor swift
8 – eminem
7 – taylor swift
6 – chappell roan
5 – the weeknd
4 – charlie xcx
3 – billie eilish
2 – taylor swift
1 – gracie abrams - new

top 10 albums 05/07/24

10 – dua lipa
9 – eminem
8 – dua lipa
7 – the weelmd
6 – chappell roan
5 – imagine dragons - new
4 – charlie xcx
3 – dua lipa
2 – billie eilish
1 – taylor swift

top 10 albums 05/07/24

10 – dua lipa
9 – eminem
8 – dua lipa
7 – the weelmd
6 – chappell roan
5 – imagine dragons - new
4 – charlie xcx
3 – dua lipa
2 – billie eilish
1 – taylor swift
@SUPERCOOLWILLOW Thanks for keeping me abreast of all the new music that I am now totally out of touch with.
I have listened to the odd tracks of Dua Lipa (Levitating) and Swift (Shake it Off), Eilish and others but wouldn't usually consider listening to their albums.
The Weeknd is an interesting artist, saw his act on the Superbowl a couple of years ago and his music is used in a lot of TV ads.

top 10 albums 12/07/24

10 – taylor swift
9 – noah kahan
8 – fleetwood mac
7 – eminem
6 – the weeknd
5 – chappell roan
4 – charlie xcx
3 – billie eilish
2 – taylor swift
1 – kasabian - new

top 10 albums 19/07/24

10 – fleetwood mac
9 – the weeknd
8 – chappell roan
7 – cat burns - new
6 – charlie xcx
5 – billie eilish
4 – travis - new
3 – griff - new
2 – taylor swift
1 – eminem - new

top 10 albums 26/07/24

10 – fleetwood mac
9 – the weeknd
8 – billie eilish
7 – chappell roan
6 – charlie xcx
5 – glass animals - new
4 – taylor swift
3 – soft play - new
2 – olivia rodrigo
1 – eminem

top 10 albums 26/07/24

10 – fleetwood mac
9 – the weeknd
8 – billie eilish
7 – chappell roan
6 – charlie xcx
5 – glass animals - new
4 – taylor swift
3 – soft play - new
2 – olivia rodrigo
1 – eminem
Who are Glass Animals?

Who are Glass Animals?
I haven't got a clue, in fact there's two other acts on that list I've never heard of either, there's 3 acts I know by name only so wouldn't be able to recognise any of their music, 2 I'm not fussed about and one I positively don't like and then there's Fleetwood Mac and yes I love Fleetwood Mac! I must admit I am happy to "diss" most of today's music without even taking time out to try and discover it and the acts that have got through by osmosis I can't say I've been tempted to download any of their music. In all honesty I don't think that any act has grabbed me since the early 2000's where I went through a small phase of buying albums - Pre download era where we'd still go out and by physical albums rip them on to our pcs and transfer them to our i pods, since then there's been nothing - Even Adele leaves me cold! So the most modern "acts" in my collection are Scissor sisters, Mika, Placebo, Maroon 5 and the Feeling! I can't stand rap music with the exception of the wonderful Rapper's Delight from the 1970's and the 1970's is where my true music passion lies, that and the 1980's. 1970's for me is my absolute favourite decade for music, with all the glam rock, the disco, the rock music and of course punk (which I was never really in to) but there's enough of the stuff I love to give it the no.1 position. I am not lying when I say I'd sooner listen to classical music than some of the stuff I hear today!

I haven't got a clue, in fact there's two other acts on that list I've never heard of either, there's 3 acts I know by name only so wouldn't be able to recognise any of their music, 2 I'm not fussed about and one I positively don't like and then there's Fleetwood Mac and yes I love Fleetwood Mac! I must admit I am happy to "diss" most of today's music without even taking time out to try and discover it and the acts that have got through by osmosis I can't say I've been tempted to download any of their music. In all honesty I don't think that any act has grabbed me since the early 2000's where I went through a small phase of buying albums - Pre download era where we'd still go out and by physical albums rip them on to our pcs and transfer them to our i pods, since then there's been nothing - Even Adele leaves me cold! So the most modern "acts" in my collection are Scissor sisters, Mika, Placebo, Maroon 5 and the Feeling! I can't stand rap music with the exception of the wonderful Rapper's Delight from the 1970's and the 1970's is where my true music passion lies, that and the 1980's. 1970's for me is my absolute favourite decade for music, with all the glam rock, the disco, the rock music and of course punk (which I was never really in to) but there's enough of the stuff I love to give it the no.1 position. I am not lying when I say I'd sooner listen to classical music than some of the stuff I hear today!
Yep, agree with much of your choices & comments.
I like the Weekend. At least he has hummable tunes and not just very simple 2 line rhyming couplets spoken to a non-existent music tune track - rap.
Most rap is just not very good, v. simple rhyming poetry in the main.

Somewhere on this board a month+ ago I posted the Rapper's Delight music/video lyrics. Far superior to most.

Had a Fleetwood Mac fan friend who loaned me their CDs in the 90s.

I like anything that has harmony, melody, bass, emotion, ambient, electronic, haunting minor chords, classical, soundtracks, etc.

I think we're a product of our youth when we have more time to listen and appreciate music and develop our tastes and they get 'fixed' a bit.

But I like anything I hear that gets me, new or old. That thread we were talking about Karl Jenkins, Enya, etc. And I liked JM Jarre, Dite Straits, etc.

Latest posts

Back