tonights Norther Nights TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
Anyone know?

I know NN gets a bit boring,but I do have to say I love the bedding.

I haven't bought any NN for ages....................but am undecided with myself LOL if I need to change my double duvet on my double bed - to a kingsize duvet on my double bed - as I'm fed up with fighting the DH for some warmth and covers!!!

I don't think I'd buy the actual duvet from QVC - BHS has good reductions instore on their duck and down duvets at the moment - but it does mean changing my all bedlinen :doh: and I've built up quite a collection over the years.

I was hoping this TSV was going to make up my mind and make me bite the bullet and just do it.

I do like the cuddletop or something duvet - but its dear.

Maybe it will come on at half price or something as a OTO!!! There are a couple on ebay....but I presume they've come from the outlet....and I can't be 100% sure that they've not been slept in......euwwwwwww

Anyone know?

I know NN gets a bit boring,but I do have to say I love the bedding.

I haven't bought any NN for ages....................but am undecided with myself LOL if I need to change my double duvet on my double bed - to a kingsize duvet on my double bed - as I'm fed up with fighting the DH for some warmth and covers!!!

I don't think I'd buy the actual duvet from QVC - BHS has good reductions instore on their duck and down duvets at the moment - but it does mean changing my all bedlinen :doh: and I've built up quite a collection over the years.

I was hoping this TSV was going to make up my mind and make me bite the bullet and just do it.

there is a big difference between feather and down and down duvets well worth the investment..

I've just upgraded to a kingsize spring/autumn feather and down duvet from John Lewis. £40!!! and free delivery. I redeemed vouchers from using my JL Mastercard. It does rustle a bit but I love it. The extra length and width are much appreciated. The duvet has sections in squares rather than long channels so there is no need to keep shaking it to redistribute the feathers and down. OH likes it too.

I found an old kingsize duvet cover in the cupboard that my step mother had given me and it fitted so no need to buy a duvet cover until I find one that I like. JL did have a really nice stripped set - was tempted but at £70 it cost more than the duvet itself.

Last edited:
Yes I bought my son a double feather and down duvet from there last year and it looks really cosy.Like you say the squares really keep it all in place.

I have a hollowfibre (?) duvet at the moment.Had it years and its horrible :sad:

Really hoping NN are gonna offer me something that makes me want to change and part with my money!!

Will look on john lewis website too,thanks

Yes it was a hollowfibre that I was replacing and had had it for quite a few years. I originally bought it because I thought I was allergic to feathers but that does not seem to be the case. Perhaps the cleaning methods for feathers and down have improved.

I'm hoping NN TSV will be something good too. wonder what the OTOs will be for the rest of today as the Bibi TSV is virtually sold out.

Affiliate site showing 2 TSVs for some reason?

Northern Nights Linen 300TC Supima Floral Jacquard 6pc duvet set £79.17 (Normal QVC price £95)

Northern Nights Choice of Medium or Firm Density Eurofeather and Down Pillow Set, Set of 2 £29.80 (Normal QVC price £35.25)

Affiliate site showing 2 TSVs for some reason?

Northern Nights Linen 300TC Supima Floral Jacquard 6pc duvet set £79.17 (Normal QVC price £95)

Northern Nights Choice of Medium or Firm Density Eurofeather and Down Pillow Set, Set of 2 £29.80 (Normal QVC price £35.25)

its not a mistake as that means there is 2 NN TSVS tonight instead of one

Aw thats why suzie was making a bit of an emphasis that both her and sam doubledee will be doing the TSV.

Hmm,I thought about superking,but everyone (well my DH and MIL!) says my double bed will be swamped ? i dunno,its all a headache!

There were some very pretty duvet covers in BHs,but they were 50 % cotton 50 % polyester...which put me off.....am I a snob :blush:

Hmm,I thought about superking,but everyone (well my DH and MIL!) says my double bed will be swamped ? i dunno,its all a headache!

There were some very pretty duvet covers in BHs,but they were 50 % cotton 50 % polyester...which put me off.....am I a snob :blush:

I can be restless sleeper and I think that if I had too much duvet hanging over the side of the bed that I wouldn't be able to turn over easily. As it is I sometimes get caught up in the duvet if I've got the whole of the kingsize duvet to myself when. OH is away. Sometimes though I have very calm nights and the bedding is barely out of place the next day.

I really like NN duvets, we have 4 in our house, but the main one we use is used all year round. I can't find any other like that, we might put a furry throw over it if it is cold, we don't heat the bedroom and I am a fresh air freak. I prefer to get a duvet that fits the bed as if too big they can pin you down a bit and that tunnel in the middle of two peeps can get mighty cold. Also NN's duvets don't rustle, if you can afford it ditch the old duvets!

QVC has turned me into a bedding snob too can't do bedding with any poly.

PS my mother is Mrs John Lewis and swears by them!

Last edited:
love hate relationship with northern nights one big bugbear is the quality is variable. the high thread count duvet sets crease too much, the elastic goes after a few washes and just look shabby and cheap. the heavy flannel set i have in taupe for me is the best bedding i have soft and very warm and no creases. but my daughters set in the pink has lost its button,shed a lot initially and is more bobbly than my set.
the feather beds vary vaslty in quality and comfort but i love thier pillows and am thinking of getting the firm tsv as pillows in the shops even john lewis just dont have enough feathers unless you pay £50.

I LOVE my NN down duvet and wouldn't sleep under anything else.
I now have 2 summer ones which I layer on to the bed using both (in separate covers) on really cold nights this way if I have a "mature lady" moment I can throw off one and still be warm once the moment has passed.
They have both been washed once a year and are now into their 5th year and still going strong. I know that they are expensive to buy but in this case you really do get what you pay for.
My DD has had "cheaper" feather and down from the high street which haven,t lasted any where near as long.

I love NN bedding too - but get duvets elsewhere - I bought a silk one from here on the recommendation of parents and it is lovely. I should say though that he 'sale' isn't really that genuine as the prices seem to go up and down depending on the offer, in my opinion. I paid £135 for our superking silk duvet
NN flannel is delish, but I have to agree that it is variable and in my opinion the quality does not always follow the price which makes it hard to know if it is a good one or not.

I believe Ideal World used to do Mulberry Silk Duvets.
From what I remember they were quite expensive. Always fancied one though.

Latest posts

Back