Today's TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They sell Kuhn Rikon in TK Maxx. Sure they've had something similar on before as well.

I think i saw something similar from Laurie Grenier (???).

The only Kuhn Rikon product i have is the anti splash thing that you but over the sauce pan. Ok but probably not worth the money!

Looks quite nice, don't know anything about the brand though. Anyone got any? Anyone gone for it?

JBD, as you would expect, I've got a few Kuhn Rikin gadgets :mysmilie_493: I have a can opener (from TKMaxx which when I first used it I thought it was broken, but now I've worked it out, it's really good as it breaks the can seal rather than cutting the metal), a couple of prep knives bought really cheaply in Shrewsbury and some silicon brushes. The quality is good but not excellent, so I would describe it as a mid-range on par with say M&S.

I would have liked this TSV if it had come with a proper pasta basket rather than the basket that it has, which seems to have very little real use. I always steam veg, so wouldn't use it for that and the basket wouldn't keep pasta inside it. I guess it would be good for asparagus as you could submerge the stems but keep the heads out of the water, but I don't need a gadget just for asparagus. I don't think the price is anything amazing, again once you've factored in the P&P, you would be better off just nipping into TK next time you pass.

BTW, have you used your silicone set yet? I used mine for the first time at the weekend and I am really pleased with the set. I was rolling out a very "short" pastry and the pastry mat worked an absolute treat.

I think i saw something similar from Laurie Grenier (???).

The only Kuhn Rikon product i have is the anti splash thing that you but over the sauce pan. Ok but probably not worth the money!

That got really good reviews? I was thinking of buying one but it's not on the website now.

it has been a TSV in the past. I got one - mine has the red handle and I can't remember if it was in different colours then or was just in red. Funnily enough, I only gave it away on Monday to a friend as I am having a kitchen clear out. To be honest, after using it a few times, it has been stuck in the cupboard for ages. It is awkward to use - the basket inside lets somethings fall through and although the basket can be removed from the pan when the food is cooked, you can't just tip the food out of the basket. You need to tilt it with your other hand and the wire basket is HOT so you need some protection. If doing mashed potato, you def need another pan / bowl to mash the potato in, as it's awkward to mash in the pan due to the depth. I tried making some soup in it once but it is awkward to stir due to it being tall. Although it has a straining lid, I can't recall if mine had a locking lid, it's that long since I used it, so not an essential kitchen item for me. I liked the shape of the pan but I didn't find it very practical.

That got really good reviews? I was thinking of buying one but it's not on the website now.

Its aim is to stop pans boiling over. Instead of boiling over while the pot boils, it just boil over when you remove the silicone thing meaning you still have to mop up the hob and clean the device and tongs or whatever you remove it with! Bit of a faff in my opinion.

I have noticed that my local homewares shop now sells Kuhn Rikon so i wonder will that be another line to bite the dust a QVC?

JBD, as you would expect, I've got a few Kuhn Rikin gadgets :mysmilie_493: I have a can opener (from TKMaxx which when I first used it I thought it was broken, but now I've worked it out, it's really good as it breaks the can seal rather than cutting the metal), a couple of prep knives bought really cheaply in Shrewsbury and some silicon brushes. The quality is good but not excellent, so I would describe it as a mid-range on par with say M&S.

I would have liked this TSV if it had come with a proper pasta basket rather than the basket that it has, which seems to have very little real use. I always steam veg, so wouldn't use it for that and the basket wouldn't keep pasta inside it. I guess it would be good for asparagus as you could submerge the stems but keep the heads out of the water, but I don't need a gadget just for asparagus. I don't think the price is anything amazing, again once you've factored in the P&P, you would be better off just nipping into TK next time you pass.

BTW, have you used your silicone set yet? I used mine for the first time at the weekend and I am really pleased with the set. I was rolling out a very "short" pastry and the pastry mat worked an absolute treat.
I have the can opener too Dips, once you work it out (my daughter couldn't at first lol) it is good and had the one that opens tights tops on jars etc that's brilliant!

I have some kitchen scissors that are great. More like secateurs to look at. I bought them from QVC. My one and only kitchen purchase but I had seen them previously in my local kitchen store. My soon calls them Cool Racoon.

I love the idea of the dotty knives but having a set of sabatier knives I don't think I need any more.

Thanks Dips and everyone. Cc is safe, at least until a trip to TKMaxx:clapping:
And I am on wait list for the silicon set as I went for the green
..... Grrrrrrr
Might see if I can swap for another colour, but the green was the perfect colour for my kitchen

Just watching the lunchtime special on the Kuhn Rikon hour.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=801589&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

all these items can be bought from Asda Direct for £10.50 total ( pick up in store) v QVC £14.88 + £3.95 p&p, so save some cash. Small microwave steamer and small plate at £3.00 each and the soup mug at £4.50. The soup mug was recently on sale for £3 at asda and amazon. I can vouch for the soup mug and the steamer, good items.

Kuhn Rikon seems to be quite a professional range. As I do not utilise pans, the knives would certainly be a possible purchase for me, but for one reason. Whilst in Home Bargains a few months ago, I spotted a cookery item (can't recall what it was) for under £4, and this puts me off paying what I know are the RRP for the KR items, but it makes me feel as if I would be paying over the odds when I realise that, in fact, I wouldn't be. All psychological, I know. I keep trying to tell myself - as with food in Herons - that when I buy it cheap in these shops, I am getting a bargain, but it hasn't worked yet!

today's tsv launch wasn't very impressive when right at the dramatic introduction, he was trying to tip out pasta that was all stuck to the bottom. in the end he hooked it out with a spoon. that was all i needed to see.

today's tsv launch wasn't very impressive when right at the dramatic introduction, he was trying to tip out pasta that was all stuck to the bottom. in the end he hooked it out with a spoon. that was all i needed to see.

I saw that too Janie - that was exactly the point where they lost me too! Was slightly interested up until then - I cant be doing with pans that are not non-stick tbh!

Latest posts

Back