Todays Theme "What every woman wants

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's the item number for the ying tong ping pong dress Julia wore? I don't "do" facebook.

I wish I'd seen her in it. I like a bit of ying tong ping pong style especially for casual wear.

Thats with half rice, half chips and a bag of prawn crackers.

What every woman wants?

Fat c*ck, fat wallet.

And I wouldn't say no to that either!

Incorrect. According to QVC, what we actually want is/are:

Shapeless clothes that make you look like you got dressed after rummaging in the bottom of the laundry bag/ironing pile.
A toothbrush.
Grey gravelly bits of jewellery masquerading as diamonds.
Odd squares/rectangles of fabric that look a little bit like curtains with two random armholes added, that ride up in the middle at the back that are really only suitable for one of Hyacinth Bucket's candlelight soirees.
An epilator (bearing more than a passing resemblance to something one might pick up in an Ann Summers shop) for using on both your face and your secret little fluffy bits. Really? Seriously? Err....no.

In fact, err, no to all of it.

(Apologies to anyone who actually likes any of the above, I'm sure some of it is very nice.....though I doubt anyone will be leaping to the defence of their inclusion of the ruddy toothbrush! lol)

'What Every Woman Wants ....'

At this point in time, I'd settle for a decent website!

I didn't want anything from any of these shows. But then again I am not one to follow a crowd. I like what I like, mix dreaded high street with designer and sod off to anyone who doesn't like my somewhat eclectic style. But Yong Kim looks awful. Reminds me of a production of Les Mis. Lulu, would not be seen dead buying. Dreamkeeper has one or two hidden gems, I have never bought but some of those metallic knits looked funky, if worn with the right thing.

One the whole, though, what a poor choice of product for a theme like this.

Lulu Guiness bags are quality, I agree. Just not my taste, I am sloppy casual rather than structured when not at work, when working my Tig or M&S does the job.

My show choices for an "Every woman wants" day would be an Emma Hardie TSV, some Tig bags, Emu boots, Clarisonic thrown in, something for the kitchen that makes my life easier, Laura Geller cos I like her and need some more spackle, a diamoneek hour and a show dedicated to bath, body and facial skincare. I would like more from the Eternal range and if they have to do fashion it would be Kim and Co, as although I have returned a fair bit, I have 4 dresses and 2 tops of her range that I wear a lot. I like the half price Ingenue dress I got too, so they should have a show of that too.

What would your "Every woman wants" day include?

Good question!

Mine would include Lola Rose, Catwalk Opaques, Lulu Guinness, Tignanello, L'Occitane, Liz Earle, Elemis, ESPA and Diamonique.

I want to get to 40 so I can look fabulous .... beyond;
I want the Ultrasun 4 Piece Anti Ageing Collection because I've never heard about it before & it sounds fabulous;
I want RevitaLash because I'm brainwashed;
I want a Butler & Wilson eyeball brooch at my neck to ward off evil spirits;
I want a Butler & Wilson Owl Shaped Faux Jewelled PVC Bag so people will help me cross the road;
I want a George Simonton Colour Block Ruffle Detail Dress so I can go anywhere I like .... solo;
I want a DreamKeeper tablecloth jacket so I can stash loads of goods while shoplifting
:happy:

Just my observation but I am a woman and Ive not seen anything I remotely want all day

Does that make me odd, should I be worried/seek help

Anyone else with me:talking:

I want all of Julians collection of Ralph Lauren polo shirts, in all the different colours, and
his sports BMW. And i promise not to mention them again :mysmilie_480:

Generally, that's true but I have to say that I think Pipa gets away with the range OK, it seems to suit her airy-fairy, tiny pixie frame, face & personality........on everyone else on QVC however, I can echo what Yorko said......'utter plop!' :taphead:

'Emperor's new clothes' also sums it up pretty well, though I suspect there is a small proportion of the population that this range might look good on & they are polar opposites of each other; one the aforementioned lickle pixie type as so aptly demonstrated by Pipa & two, the rather well-off, refined, confident in personality, somewhat larger lady, with an unnerring sense of true style - these are the only two 'types' on whom I reckon these clothes would look as if they 'belonged', everybody else in between these two 'types' would just look like a bundle of misconstrued rags! :nod:

I agree that most of Yong Kim collection are "way out" and I would not be seen dead in them, but some OK. I have this dress
I have not worn it any where yet but it feels so lovely on, so very comfortable. The material is so different from all the polyester stuff that is on the market now.
Pippa does look lovely in the Yong Kim range :happy:
If this ever comes in the last clicks, I will buy it
153810_c6.101

I don't like most of the others in the range( those crinkle ones).

I agree that most of Yong Kim collection are "way out" and I would not be seen dead in them, but some OK. I have this dress
I have not worn it any where yet but it feels so lovely on, so very comfortable. The material is so different from all the polyester stuff that is on the market now.
Pippa does look lovely in the Yong Kim range :happy:
If this ever comes in the last clicks, I will buy it
153810_c6.101

I don't like most of the others in the range( those crinkle ones).
Did you see were i posted that Julia had a dress on nearly the
same as that top, only longer of course, and sort of pointy at the bottom. She really suited it, but didnt see her standing up. Like your
dress. Yeah nicest one of her designs. You must have good taste he he

Oh yes, they're both really nice Caretodiffer, I particularly like the dress, very classy & looks comfy too, a hard combo to get right sometimes!

I think what instantly put me off the range was the sight of that ridiculous (red?) cardigan thing that was on one of the shows, it was sort of asymmetric at the bottom & looked for all the world as though it had been done up via the wrong buttons, leaving one end drooping forlornly & longer than the other, a real WTF moment seeing that! :taphead: :grin:

Did you see were i posted that Julia had a dress on nearly the
same as that top, only longer of course, and sort of pointy at the bottom. She really suited it, but didnt see her standing up. Like your
dress. Yeah nicest one of her designs. You must have good taste he he
:giggle: I don't know about that, but that dress is really comfortable. I wish I was wearing that in London on Sunday, it was so hot in London.

Yes, I saw your post. I have been trying to copy an image that dress, but, QVC does allow me to get one, I get this message
We're sorry. We cannot access the item information you requested at this time. A Customer Service Representative may, however, be able to help you. Please call 0800 51 41 31 and I cannot get an image from facebook either:sad:

I did see Julia in that dress, she looked quite nice in it.

Last edited:
Oh yes, they're both really nice Caretodiffer, I particularly like the dress, very classy & looks comfy too, a hard combo to get right sometimes!

I think what instantly put me off the range was the sight of that ridiculous (red?) cardigan thing that was on one of the shows, it was sort of asymmetric at the bottom & looked for all the world as though it had been done up via the wrong buttons, leaving one end drooping forlornly & longer than the other, a real WTF moment seeing that! :taphead: :grin:
:happy: I agree with you, kitten_with_claws, some of them look so funny, also they are all on the pricier end:sad: There some block coloured dresses of the same style and if they were cheaper, I would have treated myself to another.

I think this dress will be nice on someone tall and slim

:happy: I agree with you, kitten_with_claws, some of them look so funny, also they are all on the pricier end:sad: There some block coloured dresses of the same style and if they were cheaper, I would have treated myself to another.

I think this dress will be nice on someone tall and slim
Flip maybe the"re right after all. You can CHERRY pick the pieces. Why don"t we listen to Glen :thinking:

Latest posts

Back