Today's Memory Foam TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Anyone think this would really provide a good night's sleep? I do have a Featherbed but it feels really warm at times which obviously doesn't help during the current hot weather conditions. I just feel desperate for some quality refreshing sleep but would it be a waste of money?

so much better than a featherbed!
After a year, I was so fed up with our FB: it became very heavy and feathers came poking out and even woke me up as I needed to scratch...
I also have the flat MF style: light, hygienic and much more support.
One of my best QVC purchases ever!!

I have a similar product, and it is so much better than my old feather bed (which went very flat) and you dont have to plump it up all the time.
OH gets very hot and has not complained at all, as he did with the feather bed.
It also seems like a good price as I am sure I paid more for mine a couple of years ago.

I have memory foam mattress toppers (not from QVC) on all our beds and I would never be without them now, they're brilliant. Ours are all the flat type, so I don't know about the tsv, but I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

I have a memory foam topper from Dunelm and it's the best thing I ever bought. Before it, I couldn't sleep for aches and pains and now, I sleep in luxury and comfort! I'm dreading going on holiday because I won't have one :31:

So go for it! :D
I haven't noticed it being hot either, and the weather we've had the last few days has been VERY hot.

I have an old MF topper, a flat one of condensed foam, and was wondering if 5cm was enough foam for a larger person? I was told years ago that heavier people need 7cm. Now they seem to be saying that too much foam (7+cm) is bad for you. Do you feel the ridges and bumps?

I've had this same mattress topper for a few years now.

I love it :7: I haven't found it to be too warm.

I liked the construction of this type of topper as I felt that the solid ones may get warm in summer. Didn't try a featherbed as I'm too lazy to fluff it up.

The only thing I would warn you is that it can take a few days to get used to the feeling of lying on the ripples. The first night I was aware of sleeping in an eggbox!! By the second night I didn't notice it at all.

I have this topper on my spare bed as well and any guests comment on how comfortable it is.

HTH

We have MF toppers on our bed at home and at our caravan. We bought them at Costco and they have covers on which can be removed and washed (not washed them yet). One side of cover is fleeced for cold weather and the other side is for hot weather.
We had a NN feather bed before that and I find the topper much more comfortable and easier to move on the bed.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm feeling really tempted but now wonder if QVC have the best prices.........!!! Might do a bit of shopping around later unless anyone can recommend somewhere else offering like-for-like for less money.

A few yaers ago in January there was a True sleeper memory foam topper as a TSV, we ended up having one of the longest threads on here about. I have since progressed to a memory foam mattress.The true sleeper was more expensive than todayss tsv.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm feeling really tempted but now wonder if QVC have the best prices.........!!! Might do a bit of shopping around later unless anyone can recommend somewhere else offering like-for-like for less money.
Hate to say this but you could try Ideal World !, my friend got hers there and it was free P&P at the time, and it was "the egg box type foam".

Hate to say this but you could try Ideal World !, my friend got hers there and it was free P&P at the time, and it was "the egg box type foam".

there is no comparison to polar memory foam and nornal, it is soooooo much cooler, even to touch, their claims aren't for nothing. I have only see this products sold in the USA and let's face it where could you send it back if you didn't like it - with IW that would be a nightmare, I woudl def get this one from QVC.

I am a heavier person and find 5cm enough Concordia, I am a size 20-22 and it's all bum and thighs - it works a treat for me. I have the flat polar version not sure about the bumps.

i have a nasa mattress. the entire mattress is memory foam and i swear by it. Pillows are the same. Personally i don't think the toppers are enough as you sink futher than the depth of them, but better than nothing. I have a back and neck injury and since i got my mattress they haven't bothered me nearly as much and i sleep fabulously.

5cm sounds really thin to me? We have switched to memory foam mattresses in our house but one bed still has a flat topper which was the first thing ever tried.

There is no comparison and the mattresses are much better than the topper (which is thicker than this TSV one).

Guess the TSV becomes better value at the larger bed sizesss but from memory I paid similar amount for the entire replacement mattress on ebay.

This arrived today and boy-does it stink! I have put it out to air in the hope I can use it tonight. I have lost a lot of weight following surgeryfor cancer and have been so uncomfortable in bed,even on a feather bed as it settles into lumps and I end up even more uncomfortable. OOh I do hope it helps!

This arrived today and boy-does it stink! I have put it out to air in the hope I can use it tonight. I have lost a lot of weight following surgeryfor cancer and have been so uncomfortable in bed,even on a feather bed as it settles into lumps and I end up even more uncomfortable. OOh I do hope it helps!

Hi SuziQ I do hope this helps you get a comfortable nights sleep :sleepy: and you are recovering from your surgery.

I can't remember how long I aired it for but once it was on the bed there was no smell at all.

As I said before don't be put off by the strange feeling at first. My son is off to university in the autumn and he's worrying about how he'll be able to sleep without his eggbox topper:wonder2:

My son is off to university in the autumn and he's worrying about how he'll be able to sleep without his eggbox topper:wonder2:

Thanks for the good wishes.

Funny you say that ablout your son-my kids all sleep on these

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.820500 (£27 FOR THE SINGLE)
and the first nIght at Uni my daughter posted on her facebook page how hard the bed was and how she missed her topper. I ordered one and had it delivered direct-it got to her in only 4 days (I have never recieved anything that quick direct to me from QVC LOL!) when she saw what I had sent she was ecstatic! The first one she had only lasted a couple of years-obviously not the same quality as the one I have just purchased but the kids don't like to be without them.

Latest posts

Back