Tiana B Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Sue54

Guest Shopper
Just sat down with my coffee & turned on the tele. I nearly fell off the chair. Have they been reading this forum I wonder ?

They had 2 models. One the usual stick thin I look good in anything type & the other was a much more realistic built girl. :clapping:

I'm impressed.

I would love to try one of the dresses ,but they always seem to short i do have rather naff knees. !

Last edited:
Same for me. I'm middle-aged and rather large and I just don't think that above the knee is the right look for me.

You could always team with a legging & Birkies for a very on trend look for lunching with the girls in town?

didn't see the tiana hour but am just catching the 5pm fashion hour - and agree its nice to see a normal person in the underwear:flower:

the dresses are way too short for me, I'm 5 7 with fat knees that i do not show ever!! I did enjoy the show tho as the styles were ok by QVC standards and it was refreshing to see the two models and I thought the larger one looked lovely.

was the model Joy? she's lovely & looks fantastic in Tiana B, they always have her modelling the dresses, but never seen her doing any other clothing ranges. Which leads me to suspect that in spite of coming in size XXXXXXXL most ranges on QVC do not actually flatter the larger figure :wonder:

Julia....."I'm not a 10 I'm small 12". What the hell does that mean? She's a size 11? I don't usually give JR any bad comments. But just recently she's started to get on my nerves. It's all ME, ME, ME. The guest from Tiana B commented that Joy, the model, looks like a size twelve in the dress she's wearing. JR...."But she isn't, she's a size 18!!". She can be very catty/bitchy towards the models of late.

Last edited:
Julia....."I'm not a 10 I'm small 12". What the hell does that mean? She's a size 11? I don't usually give JR any bad comments. But just recently she's started to get on my nerves. It's all ME, ME, ME. The guest from Tiana B commented that Joy, the model, looks like a size twelve in the dress she's wearing. JR...."But she isn't, she's a size 18!!". She can be very catty/bitchy towards the models of late.

Agree she was quite rude towards Joy the larger model, who I personally thought looked much nicer in all the dresses than the stick thin model.

She's been endlessly harping on about Joy's size during the Tiana B hour. It's starting to get out of hand. We all know she's lost weight and looks good but she's really coming across as a right biatch with her continual exclamations about how slim Joy looks in these dresses "even though she's a size 16/18 it doesn't look like there's that many dress sizes between the two models":angry:

We can see that the two models are different sizes but I don't hear her referring to" XXX our size 6/8 model"

Julia needs to go. She has been there far too long & basically thinks she can do what she likes now. She is very rude at times to the models about sizes etc. Its a case of familarity breeds contempt. We should all email QVC & make our feelings known that its inappropriate.

Well I was very impressed with Julia on the Playtex hour this afternoon. She was very well informed about everything and very professional with the models who were only in bras and pants, only relevant comments about sizes.

Julia needs to go. She has been there far too long & basically thinks she can do what she likes now. She is very rude at times to the models about sizes etc. Its a case of familarity breeds contempt. We should all email QVC & make our feelings known that its inappropriate.

If the model is a size 18 why should Julia not say she is? The fact that the dress is making her look smaller is a good thing .

Tianna B/Smashbox comments

If the model is a size 18 why should Julia not say she is? The fact that the dress is making her look smaller is a good thing .

Funny how we all see and hear things and take a different view on them. Re the "size 16/18" comment to Joy in the Tiana B show last night, when i heard Julia say that, i felt she was emphasising how this dress had a great fit and seemed to make a "larger" lady look a little slimmer. Joy did look a couple of sizes smaller in the dress. But to be fair i only watched the first 15mins or so and i didnt catch any further "size" comments to Joy.

Did anyone see the last Smashbox show on Thursday night? A lady phoned in to say how much she loved Smashbox etc and that the Browtech and eyeliner had saved her because due to illness she had lost her eyebrows and eyelashes and these products helped her "look human"(her words). It was obvious, by her reply, that Julia was touched by and respected the callers situation - the lady then thanked Julia for the letter she had sent her at the beginning of the year, Julia looked down slightly to compose herself and pointed her finger in recognitition(i felt she then realised who it was) and said to the lady to write again and she would reply. Julia's reaction and comments to the caller were very humbling to me and showed me yet another side of Julia.

I think that a lot of people want to see the worst in Julia so what ever she says or does, the way she looks she can't do right for doing wrong.
I agree that she was saying that Joy looks smaller in the Tiana B dress but other forumites will disagree and say she was being nasty.

I think that a lot of people want to see the worst in Julia so what ever she says or does, the way she looks she can't do right for doing wrong.
I agree that she was saying that Joy looks smaller in the Tiana B dress but other forumites will disagree and say she was being nasty.

Hi Loveheart - the world would be a boring:dull: place if everyone agreed with each other eh. ST.com is IMO one of the best forums because of all its lovely forum members, who dont always agree with each other!! and thats what makes it a brilliant site to visit:heart:.

Did anyone see the last Smashbox show on Thursday night? A lady phoned in to say how much she loved Smashbox etc and that the Browtech and eyeliner had saved her because due to illness she had lost her eyebrows and eyelashes and these products helped her "look human"(her words). It was obvious, by her reply, that Julia was touched by and respected the callers situation - the lady then thanked Julia for the letter she had sent her at the beginning of the year, Julia looked down slightly to compose herself and pointed her finger in recognitition(i felt she then realised who it was) and said to the lady to write again and she would reply. Julia's reaction and comments to the caller were very humbling to me and showed me yet another side of Julia.

I don't dispute the fact that Julia has empathy and compassion. She does though have a tendency to appear slightly patronising when she is referring to "our plus size model"

I don't have any problem with her in general, and think she more often than not looks good and is an informative and professional presenter, but she does have a certain smugness about her sometimes - after all it's not that long ago that she herself was on the verge of becoming QVC's very own "plus size model" :mysmilie_17:

Hi Soulalone - as i said to Loveheart:heart: the great thing about ST.com is that we dont always agree with everyone's opinion. However i do respect that everyone's opinion is valid - thanks for yoursx

I don't agree. I think that she does her job well and gets over the information required in a clear way. I don't find her rude but I can see how some people might, the plus sode of this is that you get a real person in front of you and not someone who is simply spieling off a script.

I like Julia and would be sorry to see her go.

So there!!!:heart:

Latest posts

Back