Those were the days !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Scrunched up in the darkest recess of my wardrobe, I found, a lovely multi muted colour lightweight fabric slip-on evening jacket - purchased about 7 / 8 years ago from QVC. Gave it a quick iron, and thought blimey ! this aint bad at all ! so its now refreshed and waiting to be worn this Christmas. The make ? Indigo Moon !!!! no sequins or over excitable embellishment, just an easy slip-over for a night out. Indigo Moon have now 5 items only in the clearance.

How different to the stuff we get now. Even Dreamkeepers new offerings are just shawls and robes which anyone good with a needle could knock up, when 10 years ago they were producing really lovely 1920's little evening jackets. Why cant they continue to make them now ? at least they would be something 'different' to the same old same old churned out at present.

I believe the rot set in with 'dresses'. When I first tuned in there was never a dress to be seen. It was all tops, trousers, jackets and skirts. Then Tiana B came on with her stretchy pull on frocks and that was IT, so consequently we cant move for poly/elastene prints now.

So much more variety with the shows, and I spent money because of it. Its a boring round of endless Yankee Candles, Northern Nights, and I see there is ANOTHER Charlie Bears TSV !!!!!

I returned a parcel today and even the Return Label is no longer 'sticky' and a quarter of the size it was. They really ARE cutting back if we are reduced to using our own Sellotape !!!!!

I agree but it isn`t just clothes which have gone down the pan, it`s jewellery too. When I first joined Q their jewellery was well made, solid and I bought some really nice pieces. Nowadays it`s nowhere near as nice.

I agree but it isn`t just clothes which have gone down the pan, it`s jewellery too. When I first joined Q their jewellery was well made, solid and I bought some really nice pieces. Nowadays it`s nowhere near as nice.

Yes, I too have got some 'different' pieces in gold, including a large smoky quartz cross pendant set in 9ct gold. I'm sure it was around the £70 mark, and countless rings , the most expensive still being under £150. It costs that now for an Elemis beauty collection !!!!

Stacey from Ybf posted this on Fb:

I have been waiting to do a TSV in UK and we're still waiting for QVC to find a show date for us to offer a TSV - we are willing - just have to wait outer turn!!!

Its sad that there are brands that would love to have Tsv's yet Qvc choose to use the same few brands.

Stacey from Ybf posted this on Fb:

I have been waiting to do a TSV in UK and we're still waiting for QVC to find a show date for us to offer a TSV - we are willing - just have to wait outer turn!!!

Its sad that there are brands that would love to have Tsv's yet Qvc choose to use the same few brands.

This seems to be another consequence of the poor economic situation. It is so noticeable that all the shopping channels have far less variety than they once did so presumably they stock less lines but more of the brands or products they know they can shift in volume, and fast!

Makes for terribly boring viewing though. I used to really quite like Ideal World but I don't watch so much since it seemed to become a constant diet of Karcher Cleaners, Halogen Ovens, Food Mixers and of course Tablet Computers.

Q isn't quite there yet but it's not what it was. Do they ever sell Aveda these days? I haven't seen it for ages.

I was only thinking this week that years ago Tcallers would ask for dresses and brands like Kim & Co said they make dresses but Q only wanted their separates. It seems at some point QVC took a chance and sold a dress and the whole Tiana B and Ronni Nicole thing exploded.

I've got a couple of Indigo Moon jackets and they are beautifully made (not like a primary school collage or an art project at all). I wonder whether Q put pressure on brands once they become popular with their well designed and made early lines, to cut margins to the bare bones and the later offerings never match the original standard?

This seems to be another consequence of the poor economic situation. It is so noticeable that all the shopping channels have far less variety than they once did so presumably they stock less lines but more of the brands or products they know they can shift in volume, and fast!

Makes for terribly boring viewing though. I used to really quite like Ideal World but I don't watch so much since it seemed to become a constant diet of Karcher Cleaners, Halogen Ovens, Food Mixers and of course Tablet Computers.

Q isn't quite there yet but it's not what it was. Do they ever sell Aveda these days? I haven't seen it for ages.

They stopped selling Aveda a few years ago sadly :mysmilie_10:

I miss the great jewellery they used to do, and the huge pump bottles of aveda shampoo and conditioner.. :-(

Wow brissles, I did the same last week sorting out my wardrobe. I found a lovely Indigo Moon jacket that I had forgotten about and thought how lovely it was and quite classy. How could I forget I had it? Like you, I will be wearing it over Christmas.

I've also had some lovely tops from Indigo Moon in the past and they always washed really well.

My mum has a lovely couple of Indigo Moon jackets, really well made, and some of their tops which she has washed and washed and are still ok.

Paul O'Grady has just mentioned QVC in his show. Three carat gold and guaranteed to turn your arm green was his comment.

Earlier in the week the Pet Shop Boys were on his show singing a new song. In the background were two weird females dancing and they had what looked liked the skulls of cows on their heads with long red horns. They were so bizarre that I couldn't take my eyes off them. At the end of the song Paul said that he wondered where Trinny and Susannah had gone!

I have been trying to find a clip of it to put on here, but can't find one. Anyone else hear this?

Latest posts

Back