Those Scrubby Things...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sparkles26

Registered Shopper
Just ordered TSV , those water activated cleaning wotsits. Are they any good? Who's had 'em? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the old style ones, they are pretty fab! They do break up quite quickly I find but for getting tea stains out of the counter top and for cleaning the bath/sink etc, most impressed. Did a wonderful job on the outside of my oven too.

I'm trying them for the inside of my oven which is in a terrible state! Fingers crossed!

Will they get crayon off my walls? Lol. If so...may try them
Yes they will get crayon off but they will also take off the colour so go lightly with them.

You can also buy a similar product in B&Q but it will be a smaller quantity. I'm a house slut and don't do much cleaning preferring to spend my time watching a well known TV shopping Channel

Last edited:
Cant click "thanks" on iphone iloveshopping- but thanks!!!
House slut. LOL!
So who DOES have a house thats always pristine? I cant afford a cleaner. "lived in" and "slummy mummy" would be my house... and me.

Will they get crayon off my walls? Lol. If so...may try them

hehe only if you put brown sauce over it first!! Which is probably what actually get the crayon off!! I'm glad I'm not the only 'house slut' (what a fab expression). Watching those hoarder programmes makes me not feel quite so bad but I do wonder if that'll be me in a few years' time, disappearing under boxes of nail varnish. But the blocks are good as is the Orange Oil, even if you only spritz it round to make it seem like you have been busy. And the German window cleaning stuff is awesome. Most of mine is unused but I have tried it and it was good! Best advice I ever read was to have a get well card handy so visitors will think you've been too ill to clean.

They do take the surface off shiny plastics eg the top of my yogurt container, leaving it matt and therefore getting stained a lot more than before.

I've been using these It Works blocks for over a year now and they are FAB. We had a white plastic garden chair which had gone grey and mottled and no amount of cleaning with ordinary cleaners made any difference and we thought thats how it would have to stay. My husband tried one of the blocks and the chair came up like new. He keeps telling everyone how good they are and uses them for all sorts of things - which is good as it means less cleaning jobs for me! ha ha.

Stratobuddy, Ive never had a problem with them scratching or taking the shine off anything. Have used them on the front of washing machine to get rid of shoe scuff marks and they are great. Even used it to clean my cream leather settee - not sure if you're supposed to, but they got it clean without effort!!

Ohh! I love to know all the uses for these scrubby things even if I have little intention of using the ones that I have. Keep them coming.

BTW the Orange Oil is great for removing grease from the cooker hood. I have enough for a life time with the quantity that QVC sell.

I bought shed-loads of the It Works blocks from Pitch a while back when it went off air and sold off stuff vvv cheaply. There are boxes of them in my garage and I'm not sure when we'll get through them all.

Another excellent use: Can be used to remover the use by date from the bottle of Philosophy bubble bath in a fragrance I don't like to gift to the Mother-out-law (in my defence you should see the shite she gives me).

Jude xx

I thought they looked quite good too - although I did feel on the one presenation,I've seen,that the guest was working hard,to get that grease etc off.He was really giving it some elbow grease.Put me off a bit - theres lots of scourers that could do the same job,with as much effort?? I dunno,they do look good.

I get one large block from the 99p Store or Poundland and cut it up into smaller ones - they do work very well but I find they all (expensive from QVC and the cheapies) crumble very quickly.

And make sure you never accidently forget to throw a used one away.......urgghhhh......gross smell and mouldy in about 48 hours!!

I am going to shame myself and tell you all the inside of my oven hasn't been properly cleaned for a number of years * hangs head in shame :) so the 18 quid plus postage is more than worth it if they work!

I am going to shame myself and tell you all the inside of my oven hasn't been properly cleaned for a number of years * hangs head in shame :) so the 18 quid plus postage is more than worth it if they work!

Have you tried Oven Pride kit (available from most supermarkets). It's amazing.

We use the original white ones and they have saved my life more than once with a wall-scuff mark. They dont last that long though and do crumble quickly but are still a good buy. Not so sure they'd be up to a really heavy duty job ... like our oven :thinking:

I was on the brink of buying this new set today more to try the shammy topped ones really but did a quick google search for reviews which brings up the old QVC pages you can no longer access on their website. The "shaminator" reviews weren't so good really, many buyers complaining that the shammy bit separated from the block even without using them so I decided to give them a miss as I've plenty of the white ones left.

They may have been improved since then but the guy demonstrating did keep making the point that the shammy topped ones are only suitable for light jobs. Hope those that have bought get on with them OK.

Love it when I manage to talk myself out of making a purchase ... it feels really good :mysmilie_505:

Mind you I did go on to spend fifty quid on some Sarah Chapman bits so I guess QVC have had the last laugh in the long run

I was wondering about that Kat. If these don't work i shall give it a go. I'm hoping that it's not just the caked on crap holding my poor oven together! :(

Latest posts

Back