Thorntons TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm waiting on my Christmas Hotel Chocolate offer, I am not keen on Thorntons at all. Thankfully there's a HC in Belfast, as well.

they had an ultimate hamper on earlier which was nearly £60, it contained 5 individual gift boxes, on the Thorntons website these are £12 each on a 3 for 2 offer, therefore you'd get 6 gift boxes for £48!! one more box plus a saving of £12, and you get a free jar of Moments too cause your order is over £25. I know some are out of stock but even so I expect they'd be back in stock anyday. I don't get QVC as they always say that cause of their buying power they get huge discounts, but so many Thorntons items are cheaper direct. OK you get easy pay on some, which for me being out of work is often the clincher, but even so I don't like feeling ripped off. I hope people shop around today for their Thorntons and don't get sucked in by the sickly "chocolate, chocolate, chocolate every other word" lady.

I must be weird because I do not like Hotel chocolate at all. Have tried it 3 or 4 times, but I just don't enjoy it.

You are not on your own, I too do not like Hotel Chocolate either
have only tried Montezuma once and quiet liked it

I think the sickly lady cuts them in half so we can see what they look like inside, all squidgy etc. I bought a Mint Collection from Tesco yesterday for £4, this was half price, QVC do it in a set but it still works out equivalent to a tenner! Asda are doing three boxes for £10 and Tescos had others for half price, jar of Melts for £5 instead of £10, so the fab prices are out there and there is no postage if you are in the shop anyway. I did an online order with a delivery charge so I got caught but I had no choice, but I wouldn't normally do this, I would always go into the shop.

Really hope you recover quickly
and I am sure some of the healing properties of chocolate have actually been discussed in an article in a medical journal :clapping:

Green & Blacks for me. I love their chocolate particularly the 85% bars. I started having those when I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 4 years ago. I love chocolate but knew that Kit Kats etc were out. I refused to take any drugs & did it all by diet & was desperate to find a chiocolate that would be OK for me. Was recommended to G&B which is much better for you anyway as little impact on blood sugars plus the anti oxidants.

I did try a bite of my daughters Wispa bar a few weeks back & was nearly sick. It was so sickly sweet:puke: My palate is now accustomed to really strong chocolate.

I dislike all the brands mentioned here because they are just brands manufactured on a commercial scale.

If you want chocolate worth the high prices of Thorntons or Hotel Chocolate, taste handmade chocolates from a small scale or local business, There is a big difference, in taste and quality.

Have to say I prefer Turkish Delight the real stuff. Not eaten chocolate for about two and half years and I don't miss it.

A few people on facebook from Northern Ireland complaining that they will not ship this TSV to us.

I don't like chocolate either. I gave it up after realising that I was eating it and not enjoying it anymore. The only chocolate I like very occasionally is a small piece of dark chocolate with chilli in it. Weird, but really good. Bought some in Switzerland.

With HC the chocs are made by many different chocolatiers, so I reckon those who haven't got along with them have been really unlucky..or lucky as it'll probably save them a lot of money lol! I remember in the 80's when Thornton's were the last word in posh chocs, but then all we had to compare them with was the likes of Dairy Box and Milk Tray, and before that the pinnacle of "poshness" was Terry's All Gold OMG!

If you don't want to pay Hotel Chocolate prices then for a supermarket brand, I find Butler's chocolates pretty good, but HC for me if I've got the money any day of the week!

Thorntons do nice lemon mousse choccies but everything else is pretty run of the mill.

Nicest chocolate I've ever tasted is Lindt.

LOVE Hotel Chocolat! :tongue:

But Thornton's plain chocolate gingers and their coffee creams aren't bad :nod:

The 'local business choc' angle doesn't really work for me, I'm afraid. We were down in Kerry on holiday, with a small-scale choc manufacturer down the road. Their stuff wasn't bad, and esp. the mint brittle and rose & champagne truffles were quite tasty but it was all full of hydrogenated fats and ingredient-wise a real let-down.

I always have a stash of Lindt and Green & Black's in the house (Lindt's Chili and the Sea Salt bars are my favourites).

Green & Blacks for me. I love their chocolate particularly the 85% bars. I started having those when I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 4 years ago. I love chocolate but knew that Kit Kats etc were out. I refused to take any drugs & did it all by diet & was desperate to find a chiocolate that would be OK for me. Was recommended to G&B which is much better for you anyway as little impact on blood sugars plus the anti oxidants.

I did try a bite of my daughters Wispa bar a few weeks back & was nearly sick. It was so sickly sweet:puke: My palate is now accustomed to really strong chocolate.

your post made me smile lilian. i love green and blacks (actually it was julia enthusing about it one day that inspired me to try it). i have an american friend who i keep supplied with cadbury's - i dunno if you've ever had american 'chocolate' but it's bordering on inedible. one day i sent her some g&b for a special treat. she didn't mention it so one day i asked her what she thought. she confessed both her and her husband hated it and used it as cooking chocolate. heheheee...takes all sorts ;)

Latest posts

Back