Thorntons Chocolate TSV 13/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I dunno if to buy it or not - £5 for 0.1kg (two years ago there was a TSV for about £30 for 1.4kg but this year it's £35 for 1.5kg).

I've just received an e- mail inviting me to buy early. If it had been Hotel Chocolat I might have been interested!

Oh man! Me too ;) but then it wouldn't be this price sadly..
Having said that I was given a box of Hotel Chocolat caramel chocolate tasting batons the other week by a friend who buys me then as a treat from time to time. Hadn't had any for a while but they were one of my favourites (they're solid chocolate infused with caramel flavour). I noticed the packaging was differnent but did not expect the chocs to be, but they are horrid! Just taste v sweet and strong vanilla flavour (which I loathe!) I tired a few in vain before I ended up calling customer services! The lady said the recipe hasn't changed and that was it...!
Literally cannot eat rest of box :(

I dunno if to buy it or not - £5 for 0.1kg (two years ago there was a TSV for about £30 for 1.4kg but this year it's £35 for 1.5kg).

I posted this on a qvc reasons not to buy thread, but pasting here for you or anyone else who wants to see these other offers:

I found a few Thornton's hampers on ebay of all places.
For example here for £20 free pandp is a large 'Taste of Thorntons':
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Taste-of-T...MAAOSw~bFWO3-P

There are also offers and codes for half price bundles and hampers via Martin's Moneysaving email. They end on Saturday...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/dea...nt=4#thorntons

Argh! Just watching the launch for this with Meeeeeehall and if he's said 'hmmm noice' once, whilst sampling the goods, he's said it a thousand times. Enough already!

I like M&S milk, white, dark selection (whatever they are called, red box any way!) and they were half price last week, 600g for £6. They are usually on some kind of offer through to Xmas. I shall only buy a Thorntons box if on a very special offer on the DHS.

I like M&S milk, white, dark selection (whatever they are called, red box any way!) and they were half price last week, 600g for £6. They are usually on some kind of offer through to Xmas. I shall only buy a Thorntons box if on a very special offer on the DHS.

I was just about to post the exact same thing! Got three boxes stashed away for Xmas already! :mysmilie_845:

I got two - but there is only me here! Still they last until end-March. Today Waitrose Belgian truffles were reduced from £6 to £4 so that completes my Xmas chocolates search. I had them as a free offer last year and thought they were very nice.

Yay, money safe again as I don't eat chocolates and OH certainly doesn't need them. Ching ching in the bank.

C

1100 sold in the 13.00 hours show! I cannot comprehend why people buy thorntons from QVC. It is sold in supermarkets, £1 shops, and other bargain stores. Heron sell the bags, £1 for 2.Granted, the flavours may not be the same, but they are made in exactly the same way, using the same quality of ingredients. If I ate chocolate, I would not buy them from the Q, on principle.

Too expensive and there are much better buys out there. Plus the Thorntons aged-Barbie-doll guest with the intensely irritating voice puts me off buying anything. Thorntons should get another ambassador. Adding Micael into the mix doesn't exactly help, either.

1100 sold in the 13.00 hours show! I cannot comprehend why people buy thorntons from QVC. It is sold in supermarkets, £1 shops, and other bargain stores. Heron sell the bags, £1 for 2.Granted, the flavours may not be the same, but they are made in exactly the same way, using the same quality of ingredients. If I ate chocolate, I would not buy them from the Q, on principle.

Some people would buy poop on a stick if QVC sold it, even if poop on a stick could be found elsewhere for free, they'd pay for it on QVC (not literally poop, but you get the idea)

Never mind Thorntons, I've no idea how QVC manage to sell any of their expensive wares, its funny though they should be playing some Marvin Gaye or Barry White in the background to go with all those "mmmm mmmm mmmms". :mysmilie_17:

Too expensive and there are much better buys out there. Plus the Thorntons aged-Barbie-doll guest with the intensely irritating voice puts me off buying anything. Thorntons should get another ambassador. Adding Micael into the mix doesn't exactly help, either.

Blasphemy! Miceal is a qualified, well respected chocolatier! I am surprised Thorntons hasn't head hunted him. It would have to beat Quacker Factory to him.:mysmilie_17:

Ewwwww!!!!

That dratted Thorntons woman is turning my stomach yet again.
Not only is she wearing a hair piece better suited to a 17 yr old pop star, she is waving that wet globby chocolate knife around again.

A few minutes ago it had chocolate smears over the whole length of it, drops of grotty water, and she was prodding new fresh chocolates with it. Polluting the whole box.

Now she is cutting the chocs with the filthy thing, and poor Micael is having to eat them.
Revolting.

You paint a lovely picture Crinkly! Yuk....putting me off ever eating another Thornton's chocolate again. :puke:

The knife and water are there for a very good reason - she wouldn't be able to cut the chocolates without collapsing them or ending up with the fillings completely smearing or getting clagged onto the knife. The idea is to show us what they look like in cross section - which she does very effectively. I do agree that she should restrict using the knife to just that, and not then further prodding the chocolates once cut though.

I agree with you Crinkly about that ridiculous hairpiece! She never used to wear it and then she was on Q during a Ken Paves day (or whatever his shows are now) and they plonked that on her. She obviously likes it as she has worn it every time I have seen her since! It looks far to high on her head IMHO, almost a double skull effect!!!!

Latest posts

Back