Thomas Kinkade - Tonight with Lisa Brash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I shouldn't laugh at such a serious discussion but I can't help that all these posts make me smile

Please don't mock our art Mega. Like our mentor Lisa Brash we take it very seriously.

A bit more respect please, it's the least she deserves.

put the Flintlocks down Wirral, it's ok
I'm sure Mega meant that our posts make them smile in a way that is tinged with awe and respect
I know Mega would never knowingly disrespect our passion for art in general but Lisa in particular
the fact that you jump to the defensive so readily is commendable but Lisa wouldn't want us to do that, you know her teachings revolve around tolerance, patience and understanding of fellow men
we are her disciples now and, as such, we are ambassadors for her message

Mega, we understand

put the Flintlocks down Wirral, it's ok
I'm sure Mega meant that our posts make them smile in a way that is tinged with awe and respect
I know Mega would never knowingly disrespect our passion for art in general but Lisa in particular
the fact that you jump to the defensive so readily is commendable but Lisa wouldn't want us to do that, you know her teachings revolve around tolerance, patience and understanding of fellow men
we are her disciples now and, as such, we are ambassadors for her message

Mega, we understand

I know deedee and I apologise to Mega but sometimes I get so wrapped up in art I lose perspective.

I was recently up in South Shields attending a dinner to honour Lisa Brash hosted by the North East Arts Council and to my eternal shame I got involved in a very heated debate with the Art Critic of the South Shields Gazette. His views on surrealism were too controversial for me and, foolishly, I lost my temper. I felt he was challenging Lisa's teachings*

Lisa mediated and it transpired that we were both wrong, she pointed out that Dali wasn't merely a surrealist but he was also a contemporary figure in his own right. It's insight like that which makes her vision so relevant and poignant*

*of course I could have imagined all this. Or dreamt it.

What do you think of her, ahem, body artage?

It's a personal statement, it's one of courage and strength. It's clearly inspired by Rene Magritte's early works although there's a suggestion that an homage to Andre Breton's colonial period could have been an influence.

I know deedee and I apologise to Mega but sometimes I get so wrapped up in art I lose perspective.

I was recently up in South Shields attending a dinner to honour Lisa Brash hosted by the North East Arts Council and to my eternal shame I got involved in a very heated debate with the Art Critic of the South Shields Gazette. His views on surrealism were too controversial for me and, foolishly, I lost my temper. I felt he was challenging Lisa's teachings*

Lisa mediated and it transpired that we were both wrong, she pointed out that Dali wasn't merely a surrealist but he was also a contemporary figure in his own right. It's insight like that which makes her vision so relevant and poignant*

*of course I could have imagined all this. Or dreamt it.

oh Wirral, Wirral, Wirral!
I completely understand how easy it is to become so immersed that on loses perspective but I take Lisa as an example and use her as a role model - let me explain what I mean - It's a given that we hold her teachings and message in the highest esteem but Lisa is so much more than that. I too get completely absorbed in the art side of her and hang on her every word but I've also learned to take the bigger view too. I take my inspiration from her passion and enthusiasm for her subject but I also use her teachings to guide me in life and you can too, just think about it Wirral, Lisa mediated on that evening because she has a rounded yet grounded approach and it is for this reason she is my role model.
She relishes being challenged, it gives the opportunity to impart more wisdom and life messages. We shouldn't get defensive on her behalf, the bigger, wiser person will accept another's point of view and you know as well as I do that she lives by her own teachings.
Listen to what I say Wirral and you will know peace, serenity and dignity the way she does.

I completely understand how easy it is to become so immersed that on loses perspective but I take Lisa as an example and use her as a role model - let me explain what I mean - It's a given that we hold her teachings and message in the highest esteem but Lisa is so much more than that. I too get completely absorbed in the art side of her and hang on her every word but I've also learned to take the bigger view too. I take my inspiration from her passion and enthusiasm for her subject but I also use her teachings to guide me in life and you can too, just think about it Wirral, Lisa mediated on that evening because she has a rounded yet grounded approach and it is for this reason she is my role model.
She relishes being challenged, it gives the opportunity to impart more wisdom and life messages. We shouldn't get defensive on her behalf, the bigger, wiser person will accept another's point of view and you know as well as I do that she lives by her own teachings.
Listen to what I say Wirral and you will know peace, serenity and dignity the way she does.

Crikey, I bet Lisa'll drink to that haha

Which bit? Her foot, back, belly or the enormous Michael Jackson
piece on her side?!!! Hard to choose a favourite.

Did Lisa and Mike get their tattoos done together?

I feel an urge to write a poem about them. I'll call it Love, Ciggies and a bit of Blue Ink.

Again I appreciate your words and dedication. Unlike some others you understand the manifesto on offer and what it takes to follow it to its natural conclusion.

Which bit? Her foot, back, belly or the enormous Michael Jackson
piece on her side?!!! Hard to choose a favourite.

As Wirral says, it's a brave expression of her own individuality and no doubt has inspired many artists in the past
It's so good to know you appreciate art too M&M, the last few days have been quite a revelation, it's astounding to see how many people really appreciate Lisa's teachings and art itself!

Who do you see then Wirral?

It's not WHO I see Momma it's what it represents. It's the symbolism.

This is what Surrealism teaches us and if you'd bother to be serious about this vocation you would have already known that.

Can I suggest you tune into Price Drop from 10pm, there's no art on offer but something may just inspire you.

Latest posts

Back