Thomas Kinkade - Tonight with Lisa Brash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bet it wouldn't be anything like Mr Mason's views when he had them on a while back :giggle:

Ha Ha. But I have bad news.

After tomorrow Lisa Brash is taking 10 days off, no doubt for artistic renewal. This is an important process and being a somewhat cultured person myself (as Lisa is) I can fully understand.

I hope one day we can all convene from this forum and have a meeting at the London Gallery. With special guest stars Lisa Brash, Peter Simon, James Russell and Sally Flapjack. :bat:

I hope one day we can all convene from this forum and have a meeting at the London Gallery. With special guest stars Lisa Brash, Peter Simon, James Russell and Sally Flapjack. :bat:

Lisa regularly holds art workshops at various South Shields venues.

art venue.jpg

Your sceptical comments and overall tone disappoint me Mr Tom.

Lisa's message is listened to and indeed respected in the art world far and wide.

That is very true Wirral but she gets a bit upset and defensive when (and I quote) 'people on certain website forums judge me as a beer drinking geordie lass and ask 'what does she know about art?' but they don't realise how qualified I am to talk about it because I managed a big, major art gallery' (unquote)
So it would appear that we've all completely misunderstood and underestimated her :mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_15:

That is very true Wirral but she gets a bit upset and defensive when (and I quote) 'people on certain website forums judge me as a beer drinking geordie lass and ask 'what does she know about art?' but they don't realise how qualified I am to talk about it because I managed a big, major art gallery' (unquote)
So it would appear that we've all completely misunderstood and underestimated her :mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_15:

Indeed deedee, cynics may mock but I have connected both artistically and emotionally with Lisa. She made waves in the art world in the few months she worked in it, her name still crops up at dinner parties across the land. Only Rubens and perhaps Gaugin had such an impact in such a short space of time.

Indeed deedee, cynics may mock but I have connected both artistically and emotionally with Lisa. She made waves in the art world in the few months she worked in it, her name still crops up at dinner parties across the land. Only Rubens and perhaps Gaugin had such an impact in such a short space of time.

I acknowledge the point you make Wirral, however, I happen to know that Reubens and Gaugin spoke very highly of Lisa and her affinity, nay empathy, with art , they always sought her opinion before unveiling their respective masterpieces!
And Wirral, we must go to the same dinner parties because I can guarantee that Lisa's art acumen will be the talk of the table at several points throughout the evening and the pinnacle of cultured conversation!

I acknowledge the point you make Wirral, however, I happen to know that Reubens and Gaugin spoke very highly of Lisa and her affinity, nay empathy, with art , they always sought her opinion before unveiling their respective masterpieces!
And Wirral, we must go to the same dinner parties because I can guarantee that Lisa's art acumen will be the talk of the table at several points throughout the evening and the pinnacle of cultured conversation!

Well deedee I have to say that it's refreshing to speak to a fellow poster who appreciates art. You'll know that Lisa's influences are surrealism and abstract, techniques that I can certainly relate to.

Her strengths lie in her weaknesses. Emin faced similar challenges but, like Lisa, her raw urban message is clear and defined.

Well deedee I have to say that it's refreshing to speak to a fellow poster who appreciates art. You'll know that Lisa's influences are surrealism and abstract, techniques that I can certainly relate to.

Her strengths lie in her weaknesses. Emin faced similar challenges but, like Lisa, her raw urban message is clear and defined.

Aha, a kindred spirit who sees what I see in Lisa, I recognised it in you Wirral.
I'm well aware of Lisa's influences and it's very astute of you to relate to them in that grounded yet expressive way.
I see what you're saying about her strengths lying in her weaknesses but I can also see the internal struggle she has every day, the turmoil within is obvious to anyone who cares to look, she is in constant torment and inner conflict.
Should she buy a Kincaid or a Gayford? It must be terrible for her.

Aha, a kindred spirit who sees what I see in Lisa, I recognised it in you Wirral.
I'm well aware of Lisa's influences and it's very astute of you to relate to them in that grounded yet expressive way.
I see what you're saying about her strengths lying in her weaknesses but I can also see the internal struggle she has every day, the turmoil within is obvious to anyone who cares to look, she is in constant torment and inner conflict.
Should she buy a Kincaid or a Gayford? It must be terrible for her.

Lisa did a web chat for her students which I'm lucky enough to be among. She explained how Kinkade struggles with the juxtaposition of fantasy and life yet manages to tell his story by way of a composition of craft.

I never saw that and this is why her creative manifesto is powerful and precise. Her insight is what impresses the critics but it's her message that impresses and indeed moves me.

Lisa did a web chat for her students which I'm lucky enough to be among. She explained how Kinkade struggles with the juxtaposition of fantasy and life yet manages to tell his story by way of a composition of craft.

I never saw that and this is why her creative manifesto is powerful and precise. Her insight is what impresses the critics but it's her message that impresses and indeed moves me.

oh my goodness Wirral, to be a student of Lisa's is truly a privilege, I only wish I could ask you about it but I know her teaching techniques are a closely guarded secret and her students are sworn to secrecy.
to have that insight into those incredible artists is mindblowing. so does Lisa?...........no no, I can't ask questions.
I now understand how and why her message moves you Wirral. I don't know if you realise quite what you've done here, you've given me a depth of understanding so profound, this is truly enlightening, I feel like my eyes have just opened properly.
wow, I was so naive but now feel empowered by this new understanding and it's all thanks to you and Lisa it's small wonder the critics hang on her every word, indeed, I heard talk of one of her reviews being plagiarised by an envious critic with an inadequacy complex.
I think we are both now beginning to understand the length, breadth and depth of her teachings, this is bigger than all of us, I think I'm falling under her enigmatic spell.

oh my goodness Wirral, to be a student of Lisa's is truly a privilege, I only wish I could ask you about it but I know her teaching techniques are a closely guarded secret and her students are sworn to secrecy.
to have that insight into those incredible artists is mindblowing. so does Lisa?...........no no, I can't ask questions.
I now understand how and why her message moves you Wirral. I don't know if you realise quite what you've done here, you've given me a depth of understanding so profound, this is truly enlightening, I feel like my eyes have just opened properly.
wow, I was so naive but now feel empowered by this new understanding and it's all thanks to you and Lisa it's small wonder the critics hang on her every word, indeed, I heard talk of one of her reviews being plagiarised by an envious critic with an inadequacy complex.
I think we are both now beginning to understand the length, breadth and depth of her teachings, this is bigger than all of us, I think I'm falling under her enigmatic spell.

I'm glad that Lisa has touched you deedee. I don't mind admitting that I was something of a philistine, I knew nothing of art.

Her presentations are selfless, it's clear she is more about education than shifting the merchandise. It's her modesty and although she finds it hard the sheer willingness to tell us about her experience that makes her so unique.

She's the kind of person you have to force to talk about herself, I admire that.

I'm glad that Lisa has touched you deedee. I don't mind admitting that I was something of a philistine, I knew nothing of art.

Her presentations are selfless, it's clear she is more about education than shifting the merchandise. It's her modesty and although she finds it hard the sheer willingness to tell us about her experience that makes her so unique.

She's the kind of person you have to force to talk about herself, I admire that.

this is becoming quite surreal, I used the word enigmatic and you back it up with modest, selfless etc.
these are truly admirable qualities
but what is more powerful than that is the fact that, for me, this is evidence that there is an intrinsic link between all of us who are moved by her as a struggling human being and sit in awe of her knowledge and teachings, it's as if she's threaded a link between us, an unbreakable artistic bond.
you use the word admire, I say revere!

this is becoming quite surreal, I used the word enigmatic and you back it up with modest, selfless etc.
these are truly admirable qualities
but what is more powerful than that is the fact that, for me, this is evidence that there is an intrinsic link between all of us who are moved by her as a struggling human being and sit in awe of her knowledge and teachings, it's as if she's threaded a link between us, an unbreakable artistic bond.
you use the word admire, I say revere!

You shouldn't underestimate how powerful her message is, it's all the more impressive because it's clear she absolutely hates talking about herself.

You have to drag the words out of her.

Lisa's love of kin-keyyyyyyid once moved an entire family........... out of their house.

For lisa does not bring a masterpiece to the wall, lisa brings the wall to the masterpiece. Lisa had that wall moved, brick by brick, to her kin-keyyyyyyyyyyyid.

For "lisa is art"

Lisa's love of kin-keyyyyyyid once moved an entire family........... out of their house.

For lisa does not bring a masterpiece to the wall, lisa brings the wall to the masterpiece. Lisa had that wall moved, brick by brick, to her kin-keyyyyyyyyyyyid.

For "lisa is art"

Well Mr Tom I'm delighted that you have finally embraced the artistic standards set by Brash. I hope your newly found creative perspective will be one that other less cultured forum members will be inspired by.

Well Mr Tom I'm delighted that you have finally embraced the artistic standards set by Brash. I hope your newly found creative perspective will be one that other less cultured forum members will be inspired by.

I'd pay cash upfront to see our lisa giving debbie g a lesson in the fine arts

lisa is art

With all due respect to Debbie I suspect she doesn't know her Gayford's from her Van Gogh's.

Which makes it all the more important she gets a crash course in art by the number one art expert in shopping tv art.

Hint: it isn't steve macdonald and his suits

Which makes it all the more important she gets a crash course in art by the number one art expert in shopping tv art.

Hint: it isn't steve macdonald and his suits

Lisa needs a connection with her protégés, I'm happy to say that's what she has with me.

I feel Debbie's scope is not yet expansive enough to embrace Lisa's challenging teachings. Her message is clear and one filled with inspiration and hope but it can overwhelm.

I think she needs to have a ''art off'' with macdonald to see who can shift the most art

I suspect macdonald doesn't stand a chance

Latest posts

Back