This is why I no longer shop with QVC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elise

Registered Shopper
I hadn't ordered anything from QVC for the best part of a year, for a combination of reasons. Firstly, that they don't take Solo cards, secondly, they overcharge for shipping then only post 2nd class, and thirdly, they take an unacceptable amount of time to process refunds.

A couple of weeks back however, I saw the B&W union jack compact, and decided I'd treat myself. Perhaps, I thought, the service will even have improved by now.

Well, the compact certainly arrived quickly enough (though I saw that incredibly, 2nd class postage is still being used!). And the exterior was beautiful - lovely crystals, very well set. But the interior was, frankly, a bit cheap-looking - high gloss enamel sloppy painted around the mirror like a major nail polish spill. So back it went. By First Class Recorded.

Here's the bit that made me decide I'm never shopping with QVC again. A week after the item was delivered and showing as 'received' with Royal Mail tracking, it's still not showing as 'returned' on my order history. Now I appreciate that it can take time to process a refund, and that my account probably isn't going to be credited the second an item arrives back on site - but not even just showing as 'returned' after sitting there for a week?! ******* to 'em. That's my last ever order.

They take Solo and Electron now , and i hardly ever buy anything now you can get cheaper elsewhere :mysmilie_701:

I agree they take ages to refund, however I have never had an item that didn't get a refund and I had to ring about- so they eventually get round to it.

I'm sure it says somewhere on their website to allow 30 days for returns to be processed, anything quicker is a bonus imo.

Think they state it can take up to 28 days to process returns and refunds. Its on the site somewhere.

I don't buy much and think before I do, so no returns with any luck.

I no longer buy much from QVC, I use it primarily as an info channel. If there is something I like I look for it on other shopping sites as invariably it can be found cheaper and with more realistic p&p.
So far this year I have bought Easiyo maker on BCC night but will buy the sachets from Lakeland from now on, the Archos MP4 tsv which was a good price and I had done a lot of research before hand so I know it was the one I wanted and I bought the Prescriptives TSV a few months back to try it.

I think QVC really need to look at their p&p prices as that is the main things that annoys me. Frequently their price on an item is good but when the p&p is added on it makes any saving negligble.

You have clearly no idea about working in retail. They must get hundreds or thousands of parcels returned a week and you expect yours to be sorted in a week?

You have clearly no idea about working in retail. They must get hundreds or thousands of parcels returned a week and you expect yours to be sorted in a week?

Why not. Other large Internet retailers can.

If they get "hundreds or thousands of parcels returned a week" multiply that amount by the average customer spend and that is a nice bit of interest sitting in THEIR Bank.

The same way they take money out of your account waaay before the item is actually despatched.

If they get "hundreds or thousands of parcels returned a week" multiply that amount by the average customer spend and that is a nice bit of interest sitting in THEIR Bank.

The same way they take money out of your account waaay before the item is actually despatched.

Absolutely! QVC should take a leaf out of Amazon's book, everytime I have sent something back I get the refund easily within a week more often than not less than that.

I agree other companies do it so why don't they ???? It still irks me they charge over first class prices for P+P but send items second class,it's just another profit oppertunity for them.

I usally have recieved my goods before my show on my card accouant and I check my accouant frequently.

After having and hour and a half free browse around Debenham's before the actual shop opened to purchasing on Sunday morning I was amazed just how much I could look at, try on and sniff before being pressurised by the usual 'Can I help you?'
The biggest eye opener was the items on offer in there that I have foolishly ignored for so many years because of my mania and impulse buying with QVC.
I came away with shopping [once the tills opened at 10.30] that I know I've seen on tv and confident that I didn't have to take a chance with. What I appreciated was the chance to try on and know they fit/suit me without that disappointment of having to send back.
I now feel 'cleansed' and probably will save more money now looking out at what the shops have got to offer instead.
I must say though for the housebound people this still is a very good service but for the likes of me, I've realised that I have forgotten just how exciting and fulfilling it is to bring home puchases that I know are right for me. [without that wait for the post to come too!]

I going to guess that QVC has a higher return rate than the others where it is encouraged by QVC. As above, anything quicker is a bonus. Though yes, their returns process is in need of overhaul.

Again, taking money out of the account before dispatch is normal in any retailer dealing on the internet. Take into account the logistic solutions in place, you do get a cut-off by the courier to pickup and deliver within the SLA (Service Level Agreement). Makes me laugh when people select next day delivery and ordered it late at night!

The simplistic view is that your money is sitting in a bank account earning interest. It won't be, it will be used to pay peoples wages, purchase other items in advance, marketing and advertising. Without that cash flow, you end up with a channel only advertising when they get paid. Happens all the time in all businesses. I personally know one business who runs a company on that basis alone!

Good points Shep but it doesn't explain the inflated P+P and sending second class.

QVC have both good sides and bad! Where else could you buy an elctrical item such as TV, PC, Laptop, use it for 30 days (sometimes on easy pays, so initial outlay being 1/4) and then if you don't like it simply send it back? I know for sure that in the high street, if you buy a TV etc and don't like it once its home..Tough luck unless its faulty.

Bad points, 2nd class P+P, CS sometimes iffy and time for refunds to be processed.

QVC have both good sides and bad! Where else could you buy an elctrical item such as TV, PC, Laptop, use it for 30 days (sometimes on easy pays, so initial outlay being 1/4) and then if you don't like it simply send it back? I know for sure that in the high street, if you buy a TV etc and don't like it once its home..Tough luck unless its faulty.

Bad points, 2nd class P+P, CS sometimes iffy and time for refunds to be processed.

I agree they have good and bad points, I always take account of the p&p and only buy if it's still good value and regarding returns I am just concerned that it arrives back ok; eventual refund is a bonus!

The returns policy can be a really good benefit, I got some ghd hair straighteners and as I've never used them before didn't know if I would get on with them. If I had purchased from anyone else returning them would not have been possible so I was happy to pay a bit more and have that option.

Whilst I agree that the postage and packing charges can be a bit OTT, I think the words used are wrong - the better words to use would be the American "shipping and handling" fee.

the cost of shipping
the cost of packaging
the cost of printing the labels
the admin cost of someone to print and stick the labels
the admin cost of picking the product
the admin cost of the returns department
the admin cost of the accounts department

etc etc

it all adds up!

(yes, I know that Amazon etc do free shipping, but if we were looking at a model that didn't offer free shipping, then all these costs have to be taken into account!)

Whilst I agree that the postage and packing charges can be a bit OTT, I think the words used are wrong - the better words to use would be the American "shipping and handling" fee.

the cost of shipping
the cost of packaging
the cost of printing the labels
the admin cost of someone to print and stick the labels
the admin cost of picking the product
the admin cost of the returns department
the admin cost of the accounts department

etc etc

it all adds up!

(yes, I know that Amazon etc do free shipping, but if we were looking at a model that didn't offer free shipping, then all these costs have to be taken into account!)

Yes but if Amazon can afford to do it and deliver within a few days, why can't qvc?

Latest posts

Back