They have sold OPI Nail Envy........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
They have sold OPI Nail Envy on QVC for so many years now you would think that the presenters would know how to use it.............

Well they don't!!!

Today I have heard both Pipa and Juila get it wrong!!! Heard Pipa say this afternoon that you take it all off after 2 weeks.....no it is a week. Then just now Julia has said that you put a coat on every day and then take it off after two weeks. Again wrong!!!

OPI always say you start with two coats of Nail Envy and then you put another coat on every other day and then after a week you take it off and start again. Is this really so hard for the presenters to understand????? :laughing:

I know what you mean Sazza.

I heard Julia too and wondered what she was going on about.

It only goes to show how much they use all the things themselves!

what is Nail Envy?

Its a nail strengthener from OPI

OPI Twice the Envy

QVC Price
£16.25

Item Number

Availability
In stock

UK P&P
£2.95

Overall Rating 4.765 out of 5 4.8 out of 5
Open Ratings Snapshot
Rating Snapshot (17 reviews)
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
17 customers have reviewed this product.
Read all reviews Write a review
Share this Product: Facebook Digg DelIcioUs

A fantastic offer from OPI, providing you with two types of Nail Envy for the price of one! The set comprises 15ml Original Nail Envy Strengthener and 15ml Matt Nail Envy, to help you grow beautiful, strong nails. Contains formaldehyde resin. Only available in the UK.

Made my nails snap off and go very dry indeed. Not keen.

That's a shame. :2:

After using acrylics for a while and finding they had damaged my nails when I removed them, I started using OPI (matt) and my nails are now very long and very strong .... in fact I get asked if they are false now. I still use it as per the instructions, but still use it as a base coat if I 'go coloured.' I also always use the OPI varnish remover.

After years of nail problems this is the only product that's given me the nails that I always wanted, although I do use coloured varnishes from other brands as well now.

that's good to know Toril. I wear gel nails and at some point I'll probably have to stop getting them done due to cost.

I love OPI nail varnishes but never tried the strengthener before going to gels.

If Julia put a coat of nail envy on her nails every day for 14 days before removing it, she'll probably need a chisel to get it off. You would think she might twig that can't be the correct way to use it! I have used nail envy the right way for about a year now and my nails are longer and stronger than ever before.

It just shows how much they really use all the products they claim they cannot do without. I once heard a presenter say that she had a particular DB coat and wore it to take the children to school and how it was admired etc. A few months later when she presented the same coat again she reacted to it as if seeing it for the very first time! Very confusing. :34:

I think they have so many nail brands on QVC they of course use each one:55:
They get mixed up with what is what.

When I first used Nail Envy it worked wonders on my nails years ago. Then I found it made them too dry and they broke, read an article by a nail expert that these should only be used as short term thing. Every brand is the same you will break after time. I swear by Liz Earle Superbalm, because of the work I do my nails get very very dry and need moisture this did it.

Yes, me too Birdie. Made my peeling nails even worse. Trying the Leighton Denny hydraflex at the moment and hoping for better results.

I also use Avoplex regularly and Prostrong's fluoride nail strengthener a couple of times a week, so maybe that's why I've not experienced peeling or breaking nails and I've been using OPI for over a year now. I no longer apply it like I did in the start though. I just use a couple of coats now and then remove it and re-apply two coats about every 10 days because I can't wear bright varnishes at work.

However, in the school holidays out come the bright colours. :59:

I also use Avoplex regularly and Prostrong's fluoride nail strengthener a couple of times a week, so maybe that's why I've not experienced peeling or breaking nails and I've been using OPI for over a year now. I no longer apply it like I did in the start though. I just use a couple of coats now and then remove it and re-apply two coats about every 10 days because I can't wear bright varnishes at work.

However, in the school holidays out come the bright colours. :59:

I found that Prostrong works better for me too and I also use avoplex oil and other cuticle oils and superbalm

I hate it when that woman who always paints the models nails says 'You can see a difference in your nails in five to seven working days...'

...err - what about the days you wear Nail Envy and you are not at work???
Does it stop working???

Silly woman!

I think nail envy is the best 'strengthener' I started to use it years ago and my week broken nails became lovely long and strong. I stopped using it about 18 months ago as a manicurist said they were too hard and needed to soften up or they would break. I started using a jessica brand one. Within a couple of months they were all broken and peeling and splitting. I have been back on the nail envy for about 6 months now and they are lovely again - and very strong.

I also got a friend onto it after she had her gel's taken off. It took a few months but now she swears by it also.

Highly recommended.

ive used it for years and it did wonders for my nails but i have to agree with the others that said it doesnt work quite like it did when i first got it, my nails are paper thin and although it hardens them if i use it too much they get really dry and peel like mad so i only apply it every 5 days or longer but use prostrong every day and avoplex everyday

It worked for me when my nails all started to split from tip to cuticle. I used it for a few months and then stopped. I now rub superbalm in every night.

I am one of those people who feel they are suffocating if their nails are painted - don't feel like that if I just paint toes. It feels like nails can't breathe.

Latest posts

Back