The Yankee Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
No I don't know her name.

She's another one with a patronising attitude. She's always correcting people in public and it's downright rude.

She can't say things properly herself though I've noticed.

It is not GAR-DIN-YER dear.

I think you mean Michaela ( sp) she definitely gives the impression that she doesn't want to be there.

Patronising, smug, disinterested and not half as knowledgeable as she likes to make out (pour hot wax out of your electric warmer??!!).

She puts me off watching and buying.

I want Rosa, I want Rosa, I want Rosa ...... she makes a far more entertaining hour, hope she's on tonight or at 4pm with Pipa, that'd be a fun hour then. If its Michaela and Anna Cookson each time tonight I will probably just do my find an item trick and not watch. Can't watch miss wrinkly nose for longer than 2 mins before I want to slap her LOL

Having said previously that I am not really overly bothered by the individual personalities of the various guests or presenters, as long as they get the relevant information across, I have to do say that Michaela is one I do somewhat struggle with; patronising, supercilious & pedantic sums her up pretty well I reckon, not very relaxing to watch at all & at times really quite cringeworthy as she sits there just waiting to pounce on the slightest incorrectness (in her eyes anyway!) uttered by whatever unlucky presenter is on with her, which is unfortunate considering what she's there to flog, i.e. nice smellies to help you chill!
(I guess most people watching the shows already know they like Yankee Candles, so just bypass Michaela & her snotty att-i-tude & move straight onto the buying process?) :rolleyes:

as she sits there just waiting to pounce on the slightest incorrectness (in her eyes anyway!) uttered by whatever unlucky presenter is on with her, which is unfortunate considering what she's there to flog, i.e. nice smellies to help you chill! :

EXACTLY this! Am sure I remember someone mentioning that she used to be a school teacher....it shows. And not in a good way.

Last edited:
I think Michaela has had a personality bypass...I don't know what has happened to her of late, but yes she is rude and very snooty too. When she first started presenting Yankee Candles she wasn't half as bad as she is now...she needs to go if she can't be arsed any more. Rosa is definitely far far better at presenting Yankee.

Dont like her either, cant even think of one good thing to say about her. Thats bad . Oh and as she said about
pouring out the wax from the electric tart warmer, she actually said, "get a plastic bag ready". WHAT :confused:

I was all ready to buy two of the tart warmers for my two daughters in the early hours of this morning. Changed my mind. I shall buy cheaper ones online instead and put foil cake tins in like was recommended on here the other week. Then I can buy the tarts in bulk from YankeeStore.

I was all ready to buy two of the tart warmers for my two daughters in the early hours of this morning. Changed my mind. I shall buy cheaper ones online instead and put foil cake tins in like was recommended on here the other week. Then I can buy the tarts in bulk from YankeeStore.
I missed that about the foil cake tins, Gem Genie, what is that about please?

use foil dishes (like jam tart cases) or little metal dishes out of poundland to melt the tarts in, saves all the worries of trying to remove the wax from the unit.

Or, just let the wax go TOTALLY cold and you can just loosen it by poking a (not sharp!) old table knife and it should pop out. I've never had one get stuck yet!

I thought Michaela was quite pointed last night, Debbie was discussing the new Pure Radiance duo that they were selling, and asked about the burn time and how long it took for the wax to melt right across the top (as this stops tunnelling etc) and Michaela answered that she believed it was 1.75 hrs. But being that they were new she hasn't sat there for QVC for 1.75 hrs to find out. Sounded really off hand and totally unnecessary. Debbie had a bit of a pout on afterwards too as if she wanted to say on air "alright, alright, it was only a question". Which I consider a perfectly reasonable one too. Please put Rosa on more QVC, she is so much for fun and entertaining to watch.

Yes bring back Rosa, hopefully she is/was on holiday the past few weeks. She describes the scents and answers questions and is very enthusiastic. So pleasant to watch.

Please let me know which supplier you use to buy some electric tart warmers when you do. I searched for ages online and didn't know which one to buy so bought the Yankee tart burner which I am really happy with but I would like another one.

Latest posts

Back