the warrior wardrobe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
SO, we all know who we are talking about here.

When she first did the "multi item" tsv - dress, tunic and cropped trousers, I fell for it and bought the cobalt blue. The tunic has fell by the wayside, the dress gets worn with a poncho over it, and the trousers...... well, they only get worn indoors and being baggy and slippery are PERFECT for wearing immediately after you've fauxed tanned the legs !

Here's the thing...... worn and washed, worn and washed, and the fabric has started to 'pill', has anyone else (who dared to buy this) found this as well ? Renee maintains the fabric is non-ironable (rubbish), and is virtually bullet proof, but I never expected it to 'pill'.

I've been with QVC since day one and never bought one item of clothing, apart from them being expensive and the p&p I really don't trust them. Ring CS up and say you want a returns postage slip because you're sending them back, they never mentioned on air that they'd pill, quite the opposite really, they made out they were excellent quality, if not you'll take the matter further (Trading Standards) that's what I'd do.

I purchased a few ABR tops years ago and didn't have this problem - mind you there was absolutely no pile to pill - polyester heaven!

Sent back my Renee dress as the neckline was near my navel lol. I have a Tiana B dress which is pilling really badly. Kim and Co seems to last the test of time.

CC

I expect QVC tell the supplier the price they want to sell a TSV at, and the supplier then has to find a way to produce something sufficiently appealing at the price point.

Clearly, even in polyester there are polyesters which are first among equals. Perhaps this is one area where you get what you pay for, and paying a higher price for Kim & Co does actually get you a better quality, longer-wearing garment?

Doing mega-bundles at a price where other suppliers would offer 1 or 2 pices is inevitably going to lead to corners being cut. It's short-sighted, as your customers may purchase once, but are unlikely to purchase again.

Yes it is a common thing for big customers to dictate the price point and the supplier is then faced with cutting into the small profit they have calculated in order to get huge quantities or cutting back on quality, often both.

I know that a mega household name just docks off massive discounts AFTER the price has been negotiated but because their entire production has become wrapped up with this major customer they have no alternative but to suck it up and I suppose half a pence multiplied by zillions takes a lot of small customers to achieve those numbers.

Yes MML I see your point and entirely agree with it; the Kim & co maxi's I have, although more expensive are of better quality, compared to Renee's output - which I shall no longer buy.

I have never brought any clothing from Q but that is more due to the fact that like a good percentage of the female population I am only 5'3" tall and over a size 16 so I would be tripping over 90% of any of Q's offerings no matter who produced them. And being larger I really don't want to advertise the fact by walking around looking like a giant hanging basket !
I also have to have easy on easy off clothes as due to my arthritis I can no longer dso zips or buttons which greatly limits the items I find I can wear'
I can't be the only one who has this difficulty.

I have a few Kim tops and they haven't pilled, I think Kim's are better quality ,although I think her slinky garments are overpriced.

Warrier wardrobe I wouldn't even give it the time of day.It looks cheap. I have nothing against buying cheaper clothes.You can find them on DHS but its better to be selective .If I'm in the mood ,which is not often these days ,I have a. good rummage in TKMax or Debenhams.

Last week I got several cotton tops /tee shirts in Marks and they will last me the summer ,very reasonable prices, they will be cooler than the materials Q designers use.

I know it's a slightly different subject but my Kelly Hoppen bedspread has pilled and I would not have expected that.............

Last edited:
Say what you like about Kim's clothes, I agree they do stand the test of time and wash after wash, come up looking like new. However, there's a limit as to how many of her tops I can accommodate in my wardrobe and the few I've got do the job well.

I have never brought any clothing from Q but that is more due to the fact that like a good percentage of the female population I am only 5'3" tall and over a size 16 so I would be tripping over 90% of any of Q's offerings no matter who produced them. And being larger I really don't want to advertise the fact by walking around looking like a giant hanging basket !
I also have to have easy on easy off clothes as due to my arthritis I can no longer dso zips or buttons which greatly limits the items I find I can wear'
I can't be the only one who has this difficulty.

A few years ago I had three operations in one year - shoulder and then hands.

I found the Kim & Co (non-slinky material) tops and trousers an absolute godsend. Very stretchy to get on and off, they keep their shape and colour AND are easy care - wash, hang, wear... no iron required. Just what I needed as I went weeks at a time without being able to do buttons etc. Even waistbands were tricky for a lot of trousers... but Kim's were perfect... not so tight as to be hard on the fingers but not so relaxed that they felt like they might fall.

Her petite range is great for me too.

I have quite a few Kim dresses, and miraculously not one of them is floral. However nice a floral looks, they all look dreadful on me for some reason.

All are still looking brand new despite frequent washing, and attract compliments when worn.

I find Nina Leonard also to be good quality.

My Antthony dress, which I love for the shape of it and how flattering the cut is for me, is not such good quality, and has begun to pill a little. Not enough to stop wearing it yet, but I can see that it has a much more limited shelf life than the K&C and NL ones.

My one try of Kim's trousers was not successful - one leg was significantly shorter than the other. For Kim's prices, I expect better quality control than that.

Latest posts

Back