The Ultrasun guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She looks very pink. It might be that she's shy, having a hot flush, or the reflection of her red dress. But to me it looks like a touch of the sun. Perhaps she needs the SPF 50 ?

I think abbey has that naturally pink colouring, she has ginger twins apparently which figures.

she does have a tendency to wear colours and to hell with the consequences. she doesnt shy away from going head to toe either. brave or stupid? that bright bright red looks awful on anyone with a hint of ginge in them - i know because i err on the auburn side myself and i wouldnt go near pillar box red with a bargepole. if she's going to go "there" she'd be better off with a blue-based red, rather than orange-based.

i'm wasted on here :sun:

Well I'm going to disagree. Blue toned reds are for people with 'cool' complexions - the summers and winters, according to the colour analysts.
The Ultrasun lady I would say has a spring complexion and, if she is going for red, it should be warm tone. Having said that, I don't think red is her best colour.
I've had my colours done twice, and I'm a spring too - with a smidge of ginge.

I don't think it's anyone else's business what colour your Smidge is Pick a Lily ......  !

Last edited:
I think abbey has that naturally pink colouring, she has ginger twins apparently which figures.

she does have a tendency to wear colours and to hell with the consequences. she doesnt shy away from going head to toe either. brave or stupid? that bright bright red looks awful on anyone with a hint of ginge in them - i know because i err on the auburn side myself and i wouldnt go near pillar box red with a bargepole. if she's going to go "there" she'd be better off with a blue-based red, rather than orange-based.

i'm wasted on here :sun:

You certainly are - you'd be a good understudy for GC.

I thought she was looking a bit sunburned too, as the colour was just on her face, chest and the front of her neck...deffo needs to up the SPF.

Yup, could go up to spf50 in high summer. A work mate died of skin cancer a few years ago and I now take every precaution. I know nothing is guaranteed to prevent it but ...

Yep I'm a factor 50 girl! I figure if I want a tan then thats what the fake stuff is for, otherwise I'll enjoy the sun and stay pale and interesting! lol

Yeah, I tend to slather myself in SPF 50 in the mornings and keep a spray bottle of factor 40 in my handbag to top up during the day. Though with the weather we've been having recently I haven't had to worry much about it.

Ok, I clearly haven't learned how to work with the sun here, but in the last 2 1/2 years I've lived here I always was abroad when the sun was shining! So I just spent an hour in my garden enjoying the first proper sunshine of the year with SPF30 on and I look like a lobster. That'll teach me to stick to 50!

Well I'm going to disagree. Blue toned reds are for people with 'cool' complexions - the summers and winters, according to the colour analysts.
The Ultrasun lady I would say has a spring complexion and, if she is going for red, it should be warm tone. Having said that, I don't think red is her best colour.
I've had my colours done twice, and I'm a spring too - with a smidge of ginge.

I'm a Clear Winter (dark hair, milky-white skin, blue eyes) so I suit the blue-reds and avoid all things warm-toned. This does go out of the window in summer though when I switch to bronzes/golds on my eyes and corals on my actual cheek area. Wearing cool grey eyeshadow in summer seems wrong somehow.

I suspect that the lady in question has Rosacea as she is pink/red in the same place as me, face and chest which is a common pattern of presentation. Cameras seem to highlight it, too...

I agree with Artemis - being a rosecea sufferer myself :down: I feel for her on TV (especially wearing red)

Latest posts

Back