The storm - 28 October - any damage.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I've just got a fence panel blowing in the wind. Just nipped out and tied some string around it until the wind dies down.

Fortunately, although we did have very strong winds during the night, I've escaped any damage. However, I've now got enough fallen leaves in the garden to produce compost for months.

I hope that other forum members have been as fortunate and have stayed safe.

It was noisy here in Sussex overnight but thankfully no damage. I tried to convince our daft house rabbit not to go out for his morning constitutional but he was adamant there was a fallen leaf problem that he had to attend to. Ten mins later he was in again saying the wind was messing with his ears!

So sad to hear the news of the 14 year old lad swept out to sea in Newhaven, but having grown up in Blackpool with a healthy respect for the power of the sea it always amazes me how many people go down to the sea front to watch the waves when it's stormy.

nothing too drastic here in London but I do remember the storm in 1987 and that was a nightmare though the end of the world was nigh..smashing windows and a darkness I have never seen in my life. there was no phone lines or elecrticiy this is nothing

Latest posts

Back