The stench of humans.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ah...when it's your own baby you could eat the vomit & the poo..it's only others that smell!
#

Nah, sorry BM, I have to disagree with you there. I never stopped gagging when cleaning up DD's bodily excretions and feel queasy at the thought of cleaning the vomit even now. However, I'll clean up after puppies and kittens without any problem. I'm sure I had four legs in a previous life:)

I'm with you on this Silver Fox - I bought into the hype a few years ago, and bought 2 humungous jars of Clean Cotton (?)- I only got half way down the first jar because after a while I was heartily sick of the smell - too much of a good thing . I gave the other jar away.

To me they are like the plug in air fresheners - an immediate perfumed smell, then whittles away once your nose has gotten used to it.

T'other half and I had a giggle last night at the scent of pink lady slipper ... I know it's a flower but the name....just....well, you know.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@sparkles26 - I am so innocent! PinkLadySlipper and LemonLavender are my favourites. I don't light the samplers, just enjoy the fragrance of the candles. LL is on my bedside table as I type this! And Mam, I'm like you with any of my kitties' oopsies over 30+years. Have electric tart warmer and it was one of my best Q purchases-I actually bought another, I liked it so much. Haven't seen them on for about 2 years, though.

Snarly, I've always fancied trying the lemon lavender but thought it might smell a bit "toilet duck-y". I shall try now you have sang it's praises :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Sparkles26 ... and the PinkLadySlipper! lol I tuck the sampler candles, opened, amongst my clothes on the shelves/drawers. If you don't like a scent, tuck it in OH's sock drawer! Couldn't hurt! lol

Well I went to Clintons today on my way back from London and the ruddy candles were full price! Rubbish selection and all full price. Bliddy swizz!

Give them a week or so and they will be cut price (I hope).

Have to disagree with the baby powder and smelling your baby BB - there was nothing so lovely as holding my son close after his night time bath, and that sweet smell of baby and johnsons baby powder - gorgeous! And now he's older its just a distant memory (I don't want to smell other peoples babies). But the smell of my own was right up there with cut grass, petrol and marker pens - thats the one I'm waiting for PETROL yankee candle (each one could come with its own fireman!)..

Speckledhen, that is so funny--marker pens and petrol, I like the smell of new carpets and have been known to go into carpet shops just to smell them....secretly of course.

I really miss the smell of Pipe tobacco. My dad used to smoke it
now there would be a nice candle smell lol

We ought to ask them to do smells we like - I would like the pipe tobacco smoke, it reminds me of my Grandad and when I spot someone smoking a pipe (very rarely) I try to get near enough to enjoy the smell - it makes me feel comforted! Although I probably don't make the smoker feel very comfortable.
Totally can see the appeal of new carpet smell and new car smell.
Firelighters are lush and we still use them to light our real fire through the winter and I smell my hands and hope I'm not doing any real damage to the brain cells...(I know you're thinking it has!!)

What about the pages of a brand new catalogue - mmmmm gorgeous!

We ought to ask them to do smells we like - I would like the pipe tobacco smoke, it reminds me of my Grandad and when I spot someone smoking a pipe (very rarely) I try to get near enough to enjoy the smell - it makes me feel comforted! Although I probably don't make the smoker feel very comfortable.
Totally can see the appeal of new carpet smell and new car smell.
Firelighters are lush and we still use them to light our real fire through the winter and I smell my hands and hope I'm not doing any real damage to the brain cells...(I know you're thinking it has!!)

What about the pages of a brand new catalogue - mmmmm gorgeous!

Especially for you speckledhen http://www.scentedcandleshop.com/online_store/yankee-candle-car-jar-new-car-scent.cfm

petrol??? you're not preggers now are you speckledhen? :smirk:

BIG LOL - I hope not

Thanks so much Loveinamist, have ordered two new car fragrance hangers, and may order another one for my pushbike :giggle:
Am also watching the autumn lodge candle.
Any joy on the firelighters and new catalogues? lol

Latest posts

Back