The rising cost of P&P on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If QVC really do believe they represent Value for money, then why dont they show the price inclusive of P&P, after all, its not as though you have the option to collect the item in person.

Bet

If you return something that isn't faulty you only get the item cost refunded so they have to show the p & p separately to make that clear.

I nearly put my fist thru the telly (good thing I'm too lazy to get up) when they were crowing about the polycarbonate rice microwaver "You're only paying £8.72!!!!!!!!!".

"No we're not", I screamed silently, "It's the best part of THIRTEEN FLAMING QUID!!!" :pizza:

clemenzina :sweat:

Scam!

Hi,
The P&P on QVC is a bit of a scam to extract a bit more profit from its customers. There really is no correlation between P&P costs and actual cost to send out an item. I am becoming more and more disillusioned with QVC and its policies and the whole fiasco makes me very sad. P&P is hardly ever mentionned on air, as if it is not part of the overall cost of the item bought - of course it is! They are taking us for fools and their business will count the cost! All I ask is that P&P should be fair.
:sad::sad::sad:

What makes it particularly irritating is if the p&p charges are in part claimed to be due to the 30 day mbg & high returns rate, then maybe QVC needs to improve their item descriptions, both online & on air?

For example, a very well-known clothing company has a blanket UK p&p charge of just under 4 quid, yet they offer (& always have done!) a no quibble return policy.......at any time, for any reason.......how do they manage to stay in business & make a profit then?

What makes it particularly irritating is if the p&p charges are in part claimed to be due to the 30 day mbg & high returns rate, then maybe QVC needs to improve their item descriptions, both online & on air?

For example, a very well-known clothing company has a blanket UK p&p charge of just under 4 quid, yet they offer (& always have done!) a no quibble return policy.......at any time, for any reason.......how do they manage to stay in business & make a profit then?
If you mean M and S they now have a time limit on the time you can return items. They now also charge a delivery price to order items in store that they dont have in stock.

But QVC do let you use things and send them back. I guess you mean M & S (my fave shop, love love love them) who have a no quibble refund policy. However I'm sure they wouldn't refund on a pair of shoes you had worn outside, obviously worn clothes or beauty products you had tried. Their returns are sold again at full price, that's where they differ from QVC.

I do find the QVC p & p prices high that's why I would buy several items from M & S and pay £3.95 p & p rather than buying from QVC but that's their loss.

I know

Ooh Plint, that's a lully pic of Seaneen you've got there :devil:

clemenzina :wave2:

I know - that green rifleman's jacket and those flat Sheffield vowels do it for me every time. I even listen to adverts when he does the voiceover - sad, I know.....
:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

If you mean M and S they now have a time limit on the time you can return items. They now also charge a delivery price to order items in store that they dont have in stock.

No Grovesy, I was referring to Lands' End! Return anything, at any time, for any reason.......period! I have only ever returned a couple of things to them, one a coat which was fab but made me 'too hot' (it was so well-made & insulated! lol) - they refunded me instantly, no question & I'd worn it several times to try it but it was just too warm to be comfortable for me, even in the depths of winter! CS second to none!

What I object to about QVC's P&P is that presenters "pretend" we don't have to pay it, that the item price is our only expenditure. I insist that it should be the law that every time they mention the price they have to say "plus such-and-such P&P" - and a fat lot of good "insisting" will do me :confused2:

clemenzina :angry:

No Grovesy, I was referring to Lands' End! Return anything, at any time, for any reason.......period! I have only ever returned a couple of things to them, one a coat which was fab but made me 'too hot' (it was so well-made & insulated! lol) - they refunded me instantly, no question & I'd worn it several times to try it but it was just too warm to be comfortable for me, even in the depths of winter! CS second to none!

Oh i have never used them but my friend has an sings there praises, she is tall so needs longer length trousers. Me on the other hand is vertically challegened need shorter leg lengths.

Latest posts

Back