The rising cost of P&P on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amber&ruby

Registered Shopper
The P&P on QVC has got really silly these days.
It makes a big difference to the final price of the item and is very rarely mentioned
Even small items of jewelry have P&P of over £3.00 theses days and it can be even more than that. There is no real relevance to the size and weight of the item.
It is certainly making me think twice about ordering just because I may like it once I see it in the flesh so to speak.

It is certainly making me think twice about ordering just because I may like it once I see it in the flesh so to speak.

Hee hee - another Freudian slip? Oh dear, have you so little confidence in QVC that you can't take the risk of falling over with shock if the item does turn out to be OK? :giggle:

I do agree with you though, the p&p charges are totally ridiculous & frequently bear little resemblance to the size & weight of an individual item! :down:

Just saying exactly the same thing on another thread A & A, I cant believe that this... http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.694828 will cost the same to post as this..... http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/walk.yah.UKFA~U024

Unfotunately, as it only has a Postage Paid label on the packets, we cannot see exactly how much QVC did pay to post an item and whilst 3.95 may be an OK price for the dress, it is just a joke for something as tiny as the bracelet!

Bet

I've just ordered a watch and a small bottle of perfume. P&p is over £7. Total rip off. I would have gone elsewhere, but it's just easier to get these particular items from QVC than shop around. Normally if I'm online shopping I'll choose where it's free p&p. Amazon's great with it's super saver delivery, amongst many others who offer free delivery.
QVC must rake in a fair bit with the excess they make from it.

Amazon are great however you don't get to return something aftrer trying it out. I believe that is what they are offsetting-in fact years ago this was the response they made about p&p charges.

Amazon are great however you don't get to return something aftrer trying it out. I believe that is what they are offsetting-in fact years ago this was the response they made about p&p charges.

I do understand that's one reason they give why p&p is so expensive. I've only ever returned a pair of shoes that didn't fit.(I so grudge the postage!) I also returned a pair to Amazon that weren't a good fit and the seller paid the return postage! I suppose a lot of people return a lot of things to QVC and that does impact on costs which get passed on to non returning customers like me! :sad: I generally only buy what I'm reasonably certain I'll like and wouldn't dream of buying something with the view to, oh I'll send it back after I've given it a good go! I've a pair of shoes (again!) that arrived today that don't fit but I'm considering keeping them and giving them to my sister rather than paying return postage again.

I think QVC have some built in insurance thing with their postage. If it is lost then they can claim back. Take jewellery when you go to the post office its all about how much it is worth not plus the weight. I have noticed the more expensive the jewellery the more it costs in p&p to send to you. I am sure in the sorting offices they get to know whic bags QVC jewellery come in. So think how much jewellery they send out, wonder what per centage of that disappears before it arrives at your door. If you buy from one of the jewellery channels they charge £5.95+ each package and in some cases £10.95. Yes it might come by courtier but QVC jewellery arrives pretty quick. You can of course on the other jewellery channels order more than one item in each order.
But for me in Belfast Gems charge £10.95 so even ordering two items still more expensive than QVC. That is why I stopped ordering from them by the way.

Now things like an eye pencil which comes in a big box that is a different matter.

On the craft hours they always work out the savings between the QVC price and the price the Dawn B charges in her craft emporium, especially when they are flogging bundles of 12 or so sheets of paper/stickers etc.

But by the time you add in the postage, their per item saving is eaten up and occasionally the QVC price is even higher than DB's. I suppose their argument is that we don't all have craft shops within easy distance (I live a large town but don't have a good craft shop).

Linda

On the craft hours they always work out the savings between the QVC price and the price the Dawn B charges in her craft emporium, especially when they are flogging bundles of 12 or so sheets of paper/stickers etc.

But by the time you add in the postage, their per item saving is eaten up and occasionally the QVC price is even higher than DB's. I suppose their argument is that we don't all have craft shops within easy distance (I live a large town but don't have a good craft shop).

Linda

But there are a couple of stalls on Chelmsford market that are quite good.

I'd rather offset the cost of QVC's P&P against my time, energy, petrol and parking costs in getting to, trying to park and trying to find what I want in the shops!

If I see something I like, I check it out on Ebay - that way I can choose exactly what I want (not 106 items for £25 plus P & P) also often the postage is much less.

an item from QVC that I'd paid £3.45 in P&P cost me 90p to return to them! Multiply that profit by the thousands of items they sell and they really are raking it in!

I think they want to discourage people from returning lots of items because they have just thought there's nothing to lose. I only buy if I'm pretty sure I will want to keep something as I dont want to be £4 or £5 out of pocket. If p&p was really low some people would take the proverbial and buy indiscriminately then return loads which would increase costs for all of us.

We all have a choice whether to buy from them or not, I just look at the total cost including p&p and decide yes or no.

Linda

Itend to look up the products I'm interested in on the internet. Quite often a product which is advertised on QVC or IW is cheaper from another outlet and some of them do P&P free.

BTW if you are crafters have you found Mad About Cards "pound shop" on line? Definitely worth a look.

the rising cost of P&P on QVC

:smirk:yes QVC p & p really ott sometimes.
I just ordered 1litre SBC aloe vera gel from another website and was charged only £3.99 postage. The item was ordered monday eve and delivered wed am!
seems we may be paying over the odds to fund the Free phone calls even though surely most people now use Q-cut or internet?

yes, how did you know ? Are you my crafty sister in disguise ?

Linda:handshake:

I have noticed you have mentioned chelmsford market a few times in your posts and I know the town well, and know there are a couple of stores that sell craft stuff.

I think QVC have some built in insurance thing with their postage. If it is lost then they can claim back. Take jewellery when you go to the post office its all about how much it is worth not plus the weight. I have noticed the more expensive the jewellery the more it costs in p&p to send to you. I am sure in the sorting offices they get to know whic bags QVC jewellery come in. So think how much jewellery they send out, wonder what per centage of that disappears before it arrives at your door. If you buy from one of the jewellery channels they charge £5.95+ each package and in some cases £10.95. Yes it might come by courtier but QVC jewellery arrives pretty quick. You can of course on the other jewellery channels order more than one item in each order.
But for me in Belfast Gems charge £10.95 so even ordering two items still more expensive than QVC. That is why I stopped ordering from them by the way.

Now things like an eye pencil which comes in a big box that is a different matter.

I took package to the Post Office with the QVC return label on and the guy behind the counter said "you will want to send this special delivery as its jewellery" !! I asked how he knew that and he said.....its Dept J, its always jewellery to Dept J!. Now I just write the address on leaving off the department. May take a bit longer to process but better safe than sorry.

Bet

QVC'S P&P can be riduculous at times, recent electronic TSV's have had scandalous P&P charges and they take their time to get here. Recent example..I ordered a Charlie Bear from QVC, supposedly sent out last Weds, and another teddy from another supplier on Monday, Both arrived on Tuesday and the teddy from an other place postage was cheaper than QVC's too. Complete nonsense if you ask me.

If QVC really do believe they represent Value for money, then why dont they show the price inclusive of P&P, after all, its not as though you have the option to collect the item in person.

Bet

Latest posts

Back