The QVC Parcel that disappointed you.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

apple

Registered Shopper
What parcel have you received from QVC this year that's really disappointed you?. I mean one of those parcels you've really looked forward to receiving because it had really good reviews , or perhaps you've watched it loads of times on QVC before ordering and are sure it ticks all your boxes. Maybe other forum members raved about it. It's one you feel sure won't be going back when you place your order. Then the post arrives and what a let down!.

I had two this year, one was the Clarisonic which I was really excited about but it did nothiing for me. The other one was Smashbox yellow powder to counteract redness, I was really counting on this but it just didn't work for me.

I was really disappointed with Shavata eyebrow pencils, two of them. Too harsh and smudged. I expected miracles from this range. Mally's better.

The Laura Geller TSV from the other week. I've had her mini blusher set before and was keen to try something new. I was really disappointed. The colours looked so pretty, especially the pink but I couldn't get anywhere near the pigmentation she did on the demo and then it didn't stay on for even an hour with me and I tried them wet and dry and with two different primers and without.

I wanted to keep the B&B so the rest of it all went on Ebay. Luckily I hadn't tried the blusher and gloss and someone still bought the used eye stuff.

Last edited:
i opened a parcel and a pair of toe-post sandals fell out. god knows why - i hadnt ordered them.
i suspect they were returns too cos they stank :O)

A Tignanello handbag which was not the colour I was expecting and the hard pebble leather was awful.

Most of the Lola Rose TSV's which I keep ordering and keep being disappointed.:down:

I've lost count of items that have been a disappointment. The latest was a glass salt/pepper/spice mill that had all 5-star reviews.. It works well, provided you have an extremely strong wrist, as it is by far the most difficult mill I've tried.

Was sent a wrong item - received a Butler & Wilson 'creation' a big plastic crystal ball type affair - one ugly bag.

Could not imagine any occasion that it could be used for - maybe a disco ball substitute.

Was sent a wrong item - received a Butler & Wilson 'creation' a big plastic crystal ball type affair - one ugly bag.

Could not imagine any occasion that it could be used for - maybe a disco ball substitute.

So that's where it went! :blush: :cheeky: :tongue:

I bought a KVZ bag in the sale for £10, it looked very cheap when it arrived and I certainly wouldn't have used it so put it on Flee Bay and sold it for £20. (This was before I knew I could get the P&P refunded under DSR). :blush::
Kim.

The worst by far was a Cydney Mar skirt I ordered from last clicks. Described as a rich dark brown skirt with handkerchief hem..I was a bit overweight at the time and thought it would be just the ticket!! All I can say is that the picture must have been done with a very long lens 'cause close up, this skirt was dispicable.

The underskirt was made from thick tights material, and the top layer out of thinner tights material, the "hem" had been cut with scissors, it was creased to buggery, all the seams were crooked and had tiffles of cotton coming out from them, and to add insult to injury, the rich dark brown was American Tan!

I was so disgusted with the quality of this product I demanded a free returns label which I got!

The talk of toe-post sandals reminded me of my disappointing purchase.....ordered the " Julia Roberts watch" (9ct yellow gold with popcorn strands) Found it impossible to manage the senorita clasp on my own. Was always going out with it in my bag until I found a friend/colleague who could do it up for me. Money back option had expired so I only wore it about 6 times. Wore it last week and one of the popcorn strands snapped. To crown it all, when I bought it, it was on easy pay. My debit card was renewed mid-stream. I had the accusing phone call from CS telling me I hadn't kept up with the payments. Maybe I could sell it as scrap!

(mum writes)

I've lost count too but the one that springs to mind is the Kirk's Folly crystal bracelet. I loved it on air but when it arrived it was broken in the box and the crystals were loose.

One of the worst ones was a Storybook Knits cardigan. Again, it looked lovely on air. When it arrived I was astounded at the poor quality of the construction. Every join in the yarn had a huge knot with long left over bits dangling out. They were everywhere too - must've been one every couple of inches. It looked dreadful and went straight back.

And I just remembered a ring I bought too. It was someone else'e return and had crusty finger skin in it. Ewwwwwww. Made me feel ill.

In all cases though, QVC didn't care. They just refunded and that was it. Do they ever apologise for their cock-ups? Perhaps they have too many.

The talk of toe-post sandals reminded me of my disappointing purchase.....ordered the " Julia Roberts watch" (9ct yellow gold with popcorn strands) Found it impossible to manage the senorita clasp on my own. Was always going out with it in my bag until I found a friend/colleague who could do it up for me. Money back option had expired so I only wore it about 6 times. Wore it last week and one of the popcorn strands snapped. To crown it all, when I bought it, it was on easy pay. My debit card was renewed mid-stream. I had the accusing phone call from CS telling me I hadn't kept up with the payments. Maybe I could sell it as scrap!

If it is less than a year since you got it ,you can always return it for full refund .
have done it myself.

My Lola Rose "Giselle" bracelet in raspberry. I am now on my third attempt with this, the first two having arrived with big dark imperfections that look like dark cracks in the central stone. Well, imperfections and cracks are the words I would use, but Nicky G would probably say "natural variations"!
Either way, they looked shi*e, and everyone who has seen them thought they looked damaged, so back they went. Let's hope the latest one is ok. Big disappointment, even at sale price!

If it is less than a year since you got it ,you can always return it for full refund .
have done it myself.

Yep, me too. I returned a Chateau D'Argent ring that broke about 6 months after I bought it. No hassle, straight refund, no quibble.

I have the popcorn watch. My first one also snapped ,they did replace it but I am now frightened to wear it. That watch was a lot of money , even if you have had it over a year , a watch like that should last many years. I would ring them and see what they say. My mum has the popcorn bracelet that has also snapped. I definitely thing there was a problem with the popcorn link. :flower: :flower:

Latest posts

Back