The perfect nude lipstick or gloss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
I'm looking for a pinky nude lipstick or gloss. Does anyone have any recommendations as the ones i have ordered in the past are either to browny or too pale. I tried the BE dolly but it was too dark, The laura geller one from the TSV,which i got from the bay, too brown and so the quest goes on.
Some of Mally's lipglosses look as though they could be what i want, Mallys look and starburst appear quite pinky/nude but i dont want to fork out more money on the offchance it might be the right one.
I do have quite dark lips and always put foundation over them first to try and get the true colour, but just cant seem to find what I want.

Any suggestions please? I know i am fussy:giggle::giggle:

NO 7 lipgloss in Smile. When its applied its a nude colour but in the tube it looks peachy coloured.

If you prefer lipstick to gloss then Clinique do one called creamy nude. I only ever wear nude lippy, have a few different ones but they vary from one nude shade to another.

Revlon Tickled Pink.

I can't wear the brownish ones either & the LG latest one was a disappointment, too dark & brown.

Yes the clinique creamy nude is lovely, but it's not that "pinky".

Bobbi Brown says that the best nude is the shade that is closest to your own natural lip colour. The bobbi brown counter will do a match for you.

I always used to go for beigey nudes, I am blonde with light skin, and I find the Mally lipglosses look much more natural on me than nude lipstick does. They seem a bright pink but does look sheer and nude when applied. On me they look fresh and "younger" than a solid lipstick would look.

I also like the Laura Geller lip spackle, with one of the Smashbox nude lip liners and a lipgloss on top.

I also loved the Laura Geller berry banana lipstich which looked like the perfect nude on me.

Yes the clinique creamy nude is lovely, but it's not that "pinky".

Bobbi Brown says that the best nude is the shade that is closest to your own natural lip colour. The bobbi brown counter will do a match for you.

I always used to go for beigey nudes, I am blonde with light skin, and I find the Mally lipglosses look much more natural on me than nude lipstick does. They seem a bright pink but does look sheer and nude when applied. On me they look fresh and "younger" than a solid lipstick would look.

I also like the Laura Geller lip spackle, with one of the Smashbox nude lip liners and a lipgloss on

I also loved the Laura Geller berry banana lipstich which looked like the perfect nude on me.

I think the perfect nude colour is 'your lips but better' so a darkish mauve shade might be good. Getting a lip liner to go with the lipstick would be a great combination. I have a automatic lipliner (the ones you don't need to sharpen) by Rimmel in the shade Epic & I think that is really good. Also another good one is the perfect lip liners by No. 7 at Boots (also automatic type) in shade Nude I think. Revlon do some good nude lipsticks in their colour drench range (the ones with the black crisscross checked look on the lid). I don't really recommend mally's lipglosses they dont last 5 minutes! maximum the maximum they have lasted on me is 25 minutes! The starburst colour is pretty but not worth the price. Bare minerals do a perfect nude kit but haven't tried it myself! hope this helps :)

I bought a BM try me a couple of years ago and that had a nice,good lipgloss in it...but it is very gold.I also have a really old models prefer one that I would buy if I ever saw it again.That said I love brown and hate pink so maybe I'm not the person to advise! I hated the latest LG one for being too pink.

Vaseline!

And it has so many other uses!

(And no, I don't care about petrochemicals. I like them)

I was once asked by a make up artist from Kanebo what lip gloss I was wearing. Yep ... Vaseline!

If you like a natural with a hint of deep pink the Pivoine Flora by L'Occitane is a good one. I know nude is very now but it's not easy to find. And what is nude on me might not be nude on someone else. I can't wear anything truly nude or beige looking. It's very draining. I need pink or peach.

I tend to go for the consistency/ staying power & the ones I prefer are Clinique & Bobbi Brown, both have a wide range of colours so you will find something to suit

I use Clinique "Almost Lipstick" in the shade flirty honey. It is quite a pinky nude shade. Good luck!

Inge

I used to love the body shop cinammon stick chubby lip pencils - there was a shade if that which was the perfect nude, like your lips but better. Still have a little stub somewhere. It was s bit drying, but the staying power was amazing. I used to put a little gloss / vaseline over the top.

As with all good ptoducts, it was suddenly discontinued and I wish I had known as I would have stock piled it like crazy.

Get thee to a MAC counter if possible. They have hundreds of lipsticks and glosses, there must be one to suit your needs.
I was going to suggest MAC as I find their colours tend to stay true. They will sterilize the lippy tester if you want to try it first too x.

Lipstick Queen (now beginning to be featured on QVC) have a range called Jean Queen. It comes in both a gloss and a lipstick. I have very fair skin, but deeper lips and find it gives me a lovely nude, natural look.

Latest posts

Back