The only person in the world who doesn't like LG cosmetics?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've tried several items from the LG range but have always been disappointed. Like you Kitten with Claws, I thought there must be something wrong with me as everyone else seems to love it. Looks like we're not alone though, it's just that the people who dislike the range don't speak out about it. Well done you !!!

Because so many love and rave about the range, you think you must be missing something amazing. Why do you keep ordering even though the other items haven't worked for you? Hoping that this time it will be fabulous on you.

Because am mad old bag who gets conned into the hype! It has arrived and it is in a lovely box so I have not touched it and I have somene I can give to for a birthday who I know will love.

Good thing is I am now cured of LG! It is now among the ramges I'll not buy for me again.

Still cannot resist LE, L'Occitane, but not the shea body lotion, Ojon and Smashbox. Oh and the odd bit of Bare Escentuals!

doesn't suit me either, i ordered a previous TSV & no matter what i did, ended up looking like a halloween reject!

That's a pretty good description Lexxy! I also could only get two looks; washed out wraith or with a heavier hand, full-on zombie! :(

Thanks for your replies all, relieved it's not just me being useless with it! Glad I gave it a go though, as (apart from the p&p!) I won't have to fret that, as Donna said, I'm missing out 'cos so many others rave about it!
The Smashbox Halo is a bit of a 'marmite' product too but I love it & would never have tried it if it hadn't been for this forum, so it's all swings & roundabouts I guess! Bring on the Smashbox TSV! lol

The B & B gave my daughters & my own skin a red look (tried with & without primer).

The eyeshadow was glitter central.

The jar of LG smelt strange and felt like petroleum jelly on my face, it made me cringe:(

Thanks for your replies all, relieved it's not just me being useless with it! Glad I gave it a go though, as (apart from the p&p!) I won't have to fret that, as Donna said, I'm missing out 'cos so many others rave about it!
The Smashbox Halo is a bit of a 'marmite' product too but I love it & would never have tried it if it hadn't been for this forum, so it's all swings & roundabouts I guess! Bring on the Smashbox TSV! lol

I love LG's B&B but couldn't get on with SB's Halo at all (although I love SB's other make up.)
Like you say, we are all different and certain products suit some and not others. :)

i tried bronze and brighten once and looked like i had a mud mask on my face very flat and dull. i also tried some lip and eye creams in a tube and they dried out my skin. the brushes are very bad also. shed all over. i feel the powder is chalky and drying

Thank goodness its not just me! I ordered the Kiss and Bake up and the blusher in there made me look like I'd been slapped. I also have Live in Pink collection and the ethereal rose blusher looks pale but makes me look like I'm having a hot flush. I am quite fair skinned and thought the pink would really compliment my skin but it didn't. Really disappointed.

It really is a case of each to their own, and what suits one person might not necessarily suit the next. I've tried Bare Escentuals, Smashbox, Gale Hayman etc etc and really didn't get on with any of them as make up ranges. The BE made me look jaundiced and ill, Smashbox I just didn't like the textures/colours etc and had a bad reaction to Gale Hayman. The LG suits me and my skin perfectly - but like's been said on here already, for some folks it just doesn't work at all. I say vive la difference! it's good we all have our likes and dislikes and that there's lots of different ranges for us.

I have very pale skin with freckles - have had no problems with LG - use fair B & B - like all the eyeshadows I've had, ditto brushes, my only problem has been an occasional sensitivity to some of the eye colours - but I do have 'selectively' sensitive eyes - fine with LE Cleanse and Polish and Philosphy Purity Made Simple, but Gatineau Floracil and LE Eyebright make my eyes red and sting like mad!

That convinces me my immediate response to this range, even without trying it, was right, it won't be for me, if it goes on with difficulty I won't bother to use it. Thank you, friends, for your reactions! I will stick with my high street stuff. I love NYC (from Superdrug) pressed mineral powder foundation at £3+, I am very happy with Dr Harnik's little cube of red colour corrector and my M&S primer is really excellent, when I was using l'oreal's mineral powder foundation, until I got the primer, my face used to itch like crazy.

The Dr Harnik's little cube of red colour corrector sounds very interesting, I've never heard of it. Where do you get it?

I have seen a brand called IDsomething they sell in House of Fraser, it has baked stuff and it looks very colour intense and shimmery just like LG. .

Some of the Bare Escentuals range has ID on it, is that what you're thinking of?

I love Laura Geller but loathe Bare Escentuals.
I love Mop but don't like Ojon.
I hate all the Liz Earle products I have tried.
I like some Smashbox but not all.

We are all different lol !!!

Latest posts

Back