The new presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
Well, I can't get used to the new presenters, especially Miceal & Anna. I watched the show about the Slankets this afternoon and in my opinion Miceal comes across too 'salesman-like' whereas some of the other presenters look like they're simply discussing the product - still selling, I know, but it's less pushy. Also, he keeps repeating phrases, he's really going to get on my nerves big time. Anna I find very bland. Am I the only one who doesn't like the new presenters?

I don't like Mic(h)ael, but I actually had fun watching him do a Basso show the other day.

Mic(h)ael kept barrelling along at 1000 words to the second and not letting Dennis Basso get a word in - the look on the designer's face was priceless, as was the tone of voice when the big guy was finally allowed to speak. :giggle:

He doesn't appear to have anything more than stock phrases and tons of nervous energy, and a supreme talent for annoying viewers and guests. If he continues in this vein he might become must-see viewing :smirk:

Is Anna the round-faced one with the teeth? A bit meh IMO in comparison to Carmel.

I think Anna is the most bearable, and pretty decent. M̶i̶c̶h̶e̶a̶l̶/̶M̶i̶c̶h̶e̶a̶l̶/Miceal a lot further behind in second, and definitely Carmel last. She really needs to do another few months training on the 'spot the red light' module. Always looking at the wrong camera.

i mnay be mistaken but wasnt carmel getting married? she MAY have mentioned it? i dunno.....:call:

I don't recall her saying ANYTHING about getting married
Perhaps you dreamt it BurlyBeaR? :biggrin:

Can't bear Miceal. He was doing Lola Rose the other week and I had to switch off. All he did was repeat what the guest said. A total plonker with an awful voice.

Well, I can't get used to the new presenters, especially Miceal & Anna. I watched the show about the Slankets this afternoon and in my opinion Miceal comes across too 'salesman-like' whereas some of the other presenters look like they're simply discussing the product - still selling, I know, but it's less pushy. Also, he keeps repeating phrases, he's really going to get on my nerves big time. Anna I find very bland. Am I the only one who doesn't like the new presenters?

Like Miceal and Anna, got fed up hearing about Carmel's wedding.

Carmel wouldn't brag about getting married, would she? :thinking:

Though considering what happened when DF went on and on about her new guy if I'd been Carmel I'd have kept my trap firmly shut. :nod:

I find them all very dull, but Anna in particular leaves me cold. She gives me the impression she's hugely uninterested in anything she's selling, and having to work up a bit of professional enthusiasm. Mi-hole (and I'm rather ashamed to be saying this) makes the word 'leprachaun' leap to mind. He tries hard, but he's trying, too. Carmel is just meh.

Is Anna the one who insists on twitching her nose all the time, as if she thinks she looks cute, it doesn't, it does my head in!!

I find them all very dull, but Anna in particular leaves me cold. She gives me the impression she's hugely uninterested in anything she's selling, and having to work up a bit of professional enthusiasm. .

Well I can't wait for a show with the Anna and Jilly H pairing. :doh: :yawn:

I think like everything these days, they are a stereotype of modern living, all these girls look alike to me, ancient as I am, very pretty, except can't stand the one who keeps pushing the hair out of her face, get it cut girl! they do the job Q requires of them, bland, dull, on message.

I find them all very dull, but Anna in particular leaves me cold. She gives me the impression she's hugely uninterested in anything she's selling, and having to work up a bit of professional enthusiasm. Mi-hole (and I'm rather ashamed to be saying this) makes the word 'leprachaun' leap to mind. He tries hard, but he's trying, too. Carmel is just meh.

Agree about Anna and Carmel.

Can't quite work out what Anna is doing there. :wonder: She can come across as very erudite and the whole "sales person" persona doesn't sit well with her. I'm sure she could do a lot better for herself.

Carmel, as you say is just "meh". :sleepy:

Think, however that Micael is growing on me, certainly I can tolerate him better then the other male presenters. Think that's what known as a back handed compliment...
:cheeky:

I'm sick of most presenters and the guests and the shows. Xmas weekend, fashion day, gems day, beauty weekend, New York day, Best Brands day etc etc etc. Same old stuff just bundled together in different shows.

Wonder when we'll hear about Julia's surprise ?

I quite like Anna, she has an extensive vocabulary by QVC standards, does not keep being "amazed" by every product she presents (take note Dale and Jill Franks) tho I do wonder if sales is her true callling. Can't cope with Micheal\Micael gabbing away at 90mph and none of it making much sense and Carmel did my head in with the extensions and the wedding talk.

I like them to be knowledgeable otherwise they might as well stick a politician up there to sell the stuff. Trouble is I am one of those people who can't stand a clever clogs. Anna likes to think she is. She is always coming out with pearls of wisdom as if she has been swotting up on WICKY pedia first. Ok, Ok, brain box - maybe you are but perhaps you should have used your degree somewhere else sweetie and not on a shopping channel.

Latest posts

Back