The mystery of QVC prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
Today I got a message saying a Dreamkeeper coat I was on waitlist for has been dispatched. So I had a check to see if my size was now back in stock, or if I was being sent a return. (Pretty sure it's a return, BTW.)

Thing is, the price I paid was £114.95. The price on the coat now shows as: 'Introductory price £99.27, QVC price £110.75'.

Now, I might put this down to the vagaries of the exchange rate, but wouldn't you expect the price to be more rather than less, given the state of the pound?

So what was I paying before? An introductory price that was MORE than the QVC price? Somehow, I don't think so. I think they've changed the price for subtle commercial reasons. But isn't it dishonest (and possibly illegal?) to alter the Introductory price like this?

I'm puzzled and rather cross.

Today I got a message saying a Dreamkeeper coat I was on waitlist for has been dispatched. So I had a check to see if my size was now back in stock, or if I was being sent a return. (Pretty sure it's a return, BTW.)

Thing is, the price I paid was £114.95. The price on the coat now shows as: 'Introductory price £99.27, QVC price £110.75'.

Now, I might put this down to the vagaries of the exchange rate, but wouldn't you expect the price to be more rather than less, given the state of the pound?

So what was I paying before? An introductory price that was MORE than the QVC price? Somehow, I don't think so. I think they've changed the price for subtle commercial reasons. But isn't it dishonest (and possibly illegal?) to alter the Introductory price like this?

That's poor it really is. They are usually good with customer service so if you rang them they would probably change the amount they charged you.
I have noticed the kipling robin bag's introductory price change from £39.99 to £45ish so they are doing this without telling us.

Is the price you have on waitlist inclusive of p&p ,if so then maybe yours was the QVC price but it now has the introductory price as well.

Is the price you have on waitlist inclusive of p&p ,if so then maybe yours was the QVC price but it now has the introductory price as well.

Actually, I went back and realised that I'd got the price wrong (two Dreamkeeper purchases recently). It's worse than I thought. I've been charged £127.98 + £4.95 P&P.

That's £28 more than it's going for right now, as an 'Introductory' price.

SCW, I believe I will, thanks. Of course, I'm unlikely to keep this order as I have another Dreamkeeper coat which I like very much (I'd forgotten I was on waitlist for this latest one, as it's been so long!), but I think they could at least refund me the postage.

Latest posts

Back