The great QVC Concealer buy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

one of the best concealers I had is, typically, no longer available..that was the Avon Perfect Match, which I used to actually use as a foundation as it was so good. Other than that, the Aldi one is fine, plus I found that my Mally eyeshadow base was perfect for me for covering the redness around my nose as well as my purply eyelids....the Tesco Barbara Daly one isn't bad either.

i liked one called 'industrial strength concealer' from.......i've forgotten the range (qvc) i think the guy's name was michael maron? and i think there was 'desert' in the name? or desert colours or something. i had a few of his things and liked them a lot. i particularly remember AY used to ALWAYS go on about how old he was. it was so rude it really made me squirm - prob why he left ;)

i liked one called 'industrial strength concealer' from.......i've forgotten the range (qvc) i think the guy's name was michael maron? and i think there was 'desert' in the name? or desert colours or something. i had a few of his things and liked them a lot. i particularly remember AY used to ALWAYS go on about how old he was. it was so rude it really made me squirm - prob why he left ;)
Really????? The brand was Mojave Magic.

Isn't Touche Eclat more of a brightener than a concealer? Certainly no good for covering blemishes and I believe YSL test on animals.

Yes Touche Eclat is a brightener it is not a concealer, never has been. YSL do a stick concealer which is a proper concealer but people are brain washed into Touche Eclat. Never used either. YSL are now owned by Lancome/L'Oreal.

I still have some mojave magic - will get my legs slapped by AY!!! but its so good cant throw, lasted for years (another slap) but it smells fine.....:giggle:
Mollymoo

mojave magic!! that's it! silver haired quite handsome man but AY obviously thought he was too old for qvc. was one of my favs :(

I still have some Mojave magic concealer too.
I can't think that AY would have got rid of Mr MM because of his age. I think she used to fancy him.

Thanks All for your input, on and off QVC inventory concealers. I agree Aldi is damn good. I also agree that AY should have an ALDI cosmetics slot, may I recommend HIGHLY....
Aldi intensive serum.. £4.99 It beats all the anti-ageing IMHO

ALDI LACURA MULTI INTENSIVE SERUM
read here

Thanks All for your input, on and off QVC inventory concealers. I agree Aldi is damn good. I also agree that AY should have an ALDI cosmetics slot, may I recommend HIGHLY....
Aldi intensive serum.. £4.99 It beats all the anti-ageing IMHO

ALDI LACURA MULTI INTENSIVE SERUM
read here

got it, yep, it's good! I've been quite impressed with what I've had from Aldi, it was only that "miracle" cream that brought me out in spots, but quite often anti-ageing products do that to me - gosh, bet it's cos I'm too young to be using them...!

Another vote for the Aldi one! They do it in a cool & warm colour & I prefer it to Touche Eclat, as for me, it didn't migrate into my lines & smells much nicer. Bobbi Brown's concealer is excellent & does cover very well.

As a concelaholic I've used many. It depends on what you want to hide/cover/ detract from. Agree a yellow based one better also one with good level of pigments.
On scale of 1 -10 1 = poor 10= very good I think

Benefit boing - 7. Benefit - erase paste- 6 ( but thick)
Benefit- conceal it( pencil) - 6
Ysl touche - highlight/ radiance only - aldi similar but sooo much cheaper
Mac studio finish - 9. Bobbi brown - 9. Armani - 9
These 3 have stronger pigments so need less last longer - prob better value in longer term( don't tell AY)
Best of supermarket brands - max factor

These are just personal opinion . I'd rather spend on concealer & foundation and go cheap eyeshadow & lippy.

I'm tempted to try the Aldi concealer now - I've recently used their lipgloss and mascara and for the price (£1.39 each) they have been absolutely outstanding, much more impressive than some of the more expensive brands I've tried.

ALDI TOP PICKS!!
These are a must-have!
concealer...
67998_LACURA-Beauty-Concealer-Pen-47638_xxl.jpg

throw away the decleor-I-need-a-bank-loan cream ...get this
(the one in the background (red lid boxed) is unbelievable!! Your face just gets younger in a week -- no joke
PD_HnB24.jpg

and
PD_HnB27.jpg

Thats all you'll need for your face from Aldi

For the body - kick the bank loan body creams (judith williams QVC take note) and get
dove_pro-age_rich_body_butter_26137.jpg

Even if you are under 30, its an amazing body butter

Sorry to remind you QVC beauty addicts, but if you purchased the two aldi ones alone
£3.98 & £1.99 for 50ml each .. delcleor is a stupid £92 for 50ml highest, and £38 for average price, get off the branded stuff and detox! buy Aldi :rock:
Also sorry for veering slightly off topic.

I'm tempted to try the Aldi concealer now - I've recently used their lipgloss and mascara and for the price (£1.39 each) they have been absolutely outstanding, much more impressive than some of the more expensive brands I've tried.

'Tis vay nice. I also use the Aldi moisturiser which is £1.99 and I personally don't see any difference whatsoever in my skin between using that the the Liz Earle Daily Skin Repair and the PCMC Ive tried in the past (when Le Q have convinced me I cant live without it.) I've also gone over to the dark side where cleansers are concerned and have been using Dove Beauty Bar (SSSSOOOOOAAAAPPPP) for a few months now. Again no difference in my skin.

I'm needing a mascara so I shall try that now you've recommended it - ta lovey.

Last edited:
I've been banging on for long enough about expensive not necessarily being better - hope you will all like your Aldi purchases! My DD is rather a skincare snob, also is careful because of her past experiences with acne, but she nicked my Aldi concealer pen, so that should tell us something! When I got hooked in with the QVC spiel many years ago I went thru all the stuff they did then ..Decleor, Gatineau etc..I don't think they did NV Perricone then and tbh I wouldn't have spent that much even then, when I was working & earning! But over the years I've learned better and am more than happy to try out the "downmarket" end...Superdrug, supermarket brands...and as I've said before, my skin is no better, no worse - the only things that have affected me are breakouts from anti-ageing products, so I tend to steer clear of those. I do occasionally give myself a treat and buy a Liz Earle Cleanse'n'Polish but that's about it - last week I found a Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser...tube & cloth for £3.99 I think..and it's fine, so that may well be a repeat purchase, and I do like my Boots Botanicals balm cleanser and have bought more than once, but I do like trying out new things of course, I think we're all searching for the holy grail of skincare - but I have learnt that you don't have to pay out big bucks to get good products!

And If you think all the ALDI bargains are nuts.. the best facewash ever for the face??? Organic extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
Yup. Put it on your face with a cotton pad, leave for 20 mins, wash off. Miracle stuff! Tried it - reluctantly, but was amazed. Dont believe me? Watch this...
Video from U tube:nod:

Latest posts

Back