The Furminator: item 823 731

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My cat thorougly enjoys a good brush, when she sees me taking a brush, she immediately comes to me howling to be stroked which is great if you want her to come inside the house, she keeps on falling for this trick at her grand old age. The furminator does an excellent job, especially in the summer season when cats loose so much fur and keeps her fur shiny. I used it on her this morning outside, and furry clusters where flying all over in the garden like snowflakes.(the birds love these snowy furs, I have seen them collecting them to furnish their home)
However, she does prefer a more "therapeutic" brush or comb lol, which is more massaging. So I use both brushes on her and she loves it.
I tried to use it on her sister years ago, but this little minx hated the brush so much, so it really depends on the furry friend personal preferences....

Just out of interest (the football has started), does this mean your hubby is not hairy, or that you don't have a hubby who might be hairy if you had one ?

PS anyone tried the furminator on their own hair ?

:sun: lol. someone did post on here last year that they had tried on their own hair but I seem to recall that they weren't very impressed. Made me giggle for days after reading her post, the way she had recalled the incident. :giggle:

how do you hand strip the coat - do you still use a brush / comb / tool or just your fingers?

Just fingers, it takes an age though. My Mars Coat King is a big help but doing it by hand just looks better and doesn't affect the soft downy coat underneath. The ears are an absolute no-go area though.

Just fingers, it takes an age though. My Mars Coat King is a big help but doing it by hand just looks better and doesn't affect the soft downy coat underneath. The ears are an absolute no-go area though.

so do you use your fingers like a comb and give the coat a soft tug? I have a cairn terrier and his coat should be hand stripped.

so do you use your fingers like a comb and give the coat a soft tug? I have a cairn terrier and his coat should be hand stripped.

I sort of pinch the coat out with just my fingers. There are some good video examples on the web and there are dvd's available too. I know that some groomers use a type of chalk to help get a grip on the hairs, I've not tried that though. Have you ever seen a Mars coat king? They are pricey but they are good, mine was recommended to me by a groomer, having not tried a furminator I'm not sure if they do the same thing.

Terriers rock :clapping:

My Springer doesn't like being groomed at all and he hides when he sees the Furminator! No matter how gentle we are, he always seems sore across his back and ribs the following day. He's a very fit dog, though, and doesn't have a lot of fat on him so maybe that's why.

I so wish I could be as fit as him!

Latest posts

Back